Can Howdy make a run…

Calvin
Freshman Team

Can Howdy make a run…

Post by Calvin »

in what is likely his last season where he’s at? Or will it be a repeat of last year’s losing record? Thoughts?

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Re: Can Howdy make a run…

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Calvin wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:59 pm in what is likely his last season where he’s at? Or will it be a repeat of last year’s losing record? Thoughts?
From what I’ve been told by a good source Howsy is perfectly content playing second fiddle to the football coach. Which was surprising to me but he’s stayed there a long while so must be some merit to that.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Meigs is gonna pull off a major coup. JJ in football and Howie in basketball. Just wait its gonna happen.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

MarauderMadness wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:16 pm Meigs is gonna pull off a major coup. JJ in football and Howie in basketball. Just wait its gonna happen.
Nope. “JJ” is gonna take over the basketball program and coach both in Reedsville is what I’m hearing. And just like football he’s gonna run only three plays: layups, and free throws will make up the bulk of the offense and if they get behind they’ll start slinging three pointers. But hey, it worked in football and it can’t be any worse than what they are doing now can it? :mrgreen:

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
Lucky Charms
Freshman Team

Post by Lucky Charms »

I always thought Howie would be a great football coach. JJ would be awesome too. IF he learns the stomp and the stare them iggles will be unstoppable.

Chuck Sheetz
Waterboy

Post by Chuck Sheetz »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:12 am
MarauderMadness wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:16 pm Meigs is gonna pull off a major coup. JJ in football and Howie in basketball. Just wait its gonna happen.
Nope. “JJ” is gonna take over the basketball program and coach both in Reedsville is what I’m hearing. And just like football he’s gonna run only three plays: layups, and free throws will make up the bulk of the offense and if they get behind they’ll start slinging three pointers. But hey, it worked in football and it can’t be any worse than what they are doing now can it? :mrgreen:
JJ only runs them three plays and has three calls on defense. Good thing he has that typical eastern talent! Wish my boys coulda played for him.

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Lucky Charms wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:49 am I always thought Howie would be a great football coach. JJ would be awesome too. IF he learns the stomp and the stare them iggles will be unstoppable.
Hosey could come to Eastern and continue to play second fiddle to the football coach like he does at Trimble. That way he could also be reunited with and coaching his grandson.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
Honey Caadwell
Waterboy

Post by Honey Caadwell »

My man aint playin second fiddle to no football coach

My man grows maters big as a bulls balls
Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

Honey Caadwell wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:21 am My man aint playin second fiddle to no football coach
Oh my! 😂

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
Hosey Caadwell
Waterboy

Post by Hosey Caadwell »

Old Shorts wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:26 am
Honey Caadwell wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:21 am My man aint playin second fiddle to no football coach
Oh my! 😂
Hey! Everyone needs a little afternoon delight.

Beckster82
Riding the Bench

Post by Beckster82 »

We love Howie and the STOMP!!!

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Beckster82 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:00 pm We love Howie and the STOMP!!!
How’s the “stomp” been working lately? :mrgreen:

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
basketballmind
Waterboy

Post by basketballmind »

This Trimble team has the opportunity to be much improved from last years squad. Will be interesting to see them develop throughout the year. A run isn’t out of the question!

DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

basketballmind wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:37 pm This Trimble team has the opportunity to be much improved from last years squad. Will be interesting to see them develop throughout the year. A run isn’t out of the question!
Definitely gonna be a deep run. I hope Howie gets a shot at the legend too.

Return to “Boys Basketball”