TVC OHIO

vcgrad
All Conference

TVC OHIO

Post by vcgrad »

Who will be trying to take the crown from Vinton County this year?

trampoline
Riding the Bench

Re: TVC OHIO

Post by trampoline »

nobody

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

I believe you are correct!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Anyone else?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Vinton County shouldn't have a problem in league play ... usually 93bulldog gives us a nice rundown of the TVC teams in both divisions by now - haven't seen anything as yet ... Coach Kight has a great mix of size with 2 of the best bigs in SEO on the same team in Ashton Allman (6-5)and Owen Hire (6-4) , both are a force offensively and defensively down low in the paint on the blocks ... Cobra Sharp will run the show from the PG position for the 2nd year - CS can get to the rim anytime he wants off the dribble - the penetration opens up the entire offense with the bigs on the blocks /kick out to the perimeter for the 3 ball ... then you add to the mix who I think is as good of swing forward/shooting guard in SEOhio in Garrett Brown (6-2) - I really like his game as he can shoot the ball, can be physical in the paint with his back to the bucket while having the ability to guard on the perimeter/but strong enough to hold his own in the paint ... Parker Shonborn/Nash Yates soph/ Matt Hembree all contribute at both ends of the floor ... VC should have a deep bench to go with a group of 1- 7 or 8 having a bunch of varsity experience ...

... Athens? Nelsonville? Meigs? would be the battle for 2nd place ... not much, correction - NO ONE is talking about any of them on SEOPS ...

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Meigs is my sleeper in the TVC. Assuming everyone is playing this season and healthy, the Marauders should be solid. They have a huge early season test in McArthur which will be interesting. Vinton County is the class of the TVC, but I'd go with Meigs as the best of the rest in my preseason ranking. Cleland, Harrison, Burnem, etc. just some of the names I remember and believe should all be back this season.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

The league has been top heavy for the last few years-- just hoping it will be competitive!!! :D :D

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I am one of the most realistic Viking fans on here. With that said, I would be surprised if any of the 12 TVC games for VC will be within 10 points this year. This team is solid from top to bottom. Add that to the fact that the rest of the TVC will be down. I just don’t see anyone upsetting the Vikings in conference play. VC does have a tough non conference schedule though. Chillicothe, Logan, Jackson, Greenfield, Marietta, etc. Should be a fun year in McArthur.

Big scrimmage against Unioto next week. The D2 tournament will be brutal this year but I think VC will be right there with the best.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Dundas wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:12 pm I am one of the most realistic Viking fans on here. With that said, I would be surprised if any of the 12 TVC games for VC will be within 10 points this year. This team is solid from top to bottom. Add that to the fact that the rest of the TVC will be down. I just don’t see anyone upsetting the Vikings in conference play. VC does have a tough non conference schedule though. Chillicothe, Logan, Jackson, Greenfield, Marietta, etc. Should be a fun year in McArthur.

Big scrimmage against Unioto next week. The D2 tournament will be brutal this year but I think VC will be right there with the best.
Dundas, when is the Unioto vs VC scrimmage?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:20 pm
Dundas wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:12 pm I am one of the most realistic Viking fans on here. With that said, I would be surprised if any of the 12 TVC games for VC will be within 10 points this year. This team is solid from top to bottom. Add that to the fact that the rest of the TVC will be down. I just don’t see anyone upsetting the Vikings in conference play. VC does have a tough non conference schedule though. Chillicothe, Logan, Jackson, Greenfield, Marietta, etc. Should be a fun year in McArthur.

Monday November 27th at Unioto.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Dundas wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:33 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:20 pm

Monday November 27th at Unioto.
Thanks Dundas! I was hoping it was going to be a Wednesday matchup LOL ... Logan scrimmages FU on Monday, Jackson entertains South Point Tuesday AND was hoping for a Wednesday - to help break me in to traveling in deer country LOL ... scrimmage with the U & VC would be excellent to see - 2 of my top 8 teams in the preseason ...

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Vc scrimmage the Alumni Saturday night-- they had a great turn out---and yes the Alumni won. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

In fairness, the alumni are made up of guys that played for Coach Combs and put a lot of numbers up on the banner, and they CAN STILL PLAY! Also, Cobra Sharp sat out with a sprained ankle and Coach Kight played all eleven of his guys.

However, the basketball team won, because the crowd was generous in their donations, and it was great to see everyone.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:40 pm In fairness, the alumni are made up of guys that played for Coach Combs and put a lot of numbers up on the banner, and they CAN STILL PLAY! Also, Cobra Sharp sat out with a sprained ankle and Coach Kight played all eleven of his guys.

However, the basketball team won, because the crowd was generous in their donations, and it was great to see everyone.
That was a loaded alumni team for sure!

Return to “Boys Basketball”