Monroe Central

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Re: Monroe Central

Post by caldwellbasketball »

IVCHAWKS wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:07 pm I'm not sure how Hiland could be in d6 next season,when our boys count is only 94, but providing our CB numbers which I can't find
The proposed cutoff for D7 is supposed to be 98 boys. Hiland's CB put them at 105 for this year. I guess it depends on if they recount now or wait one more year. We are at 100 so would currently be in 6 but would likely go under the 98 if they recount. MC is moving up to 3A in the OVAC, a recount likely puts them in d6 next year, if they go by current numbers MC is staying 7 for a year. Will be interesting to see how they go about it.

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Post by IVCHAWKS »

Ok I just found there CB numbers Hiland has 11,is it this coming school year that they reclassify again 2024-25, isn't it every two school years

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Heading to watch Monroe @ Ferry tonight.

Also Monroe looking to bulk up the schedule for next season. They could play Marietta, Warren and Wheelersburg.

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

Ferry 80
Monroe 79

In OT

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

rematch tuesday (2/20) in woodsfield

West Rowan Falcons
Freshman Team

Post by West Rowan Falcons »

That rematch Tuesday should be a another classic. Might want to get there early.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

Didn’t get to go to the game the other night but I heard MC had chances to pull away in the 4th but just couldn’t do it.

Get it done at home Noles. Safe travels for the Ferry fans

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

selonmc wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:00 pm Didn’t get to go to the game the other night but I heard MC had chances to pull away in the 4th but just couldn’t do it.

Get it done at home Noles. Safe travels for the Ferry fans
Up 5 2 mins left. Just had to many turnovers late. Ferry is really good. Alex Reese one of the best players in the Valley.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Monroe up 49-27 at half.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

79-63 Monroe wins!

21-1 season going into the big dance.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:10 pm 79-63 Monroe wins!

21-1 season going into the big dance.
That's awesome, hats off to them. Hope to see them at the convo.

Go Blue
carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

I saw a guy wearing a Skyvue Hawks sweatshirt today in New Matamoras. Reminded me of time Skyvue went to final four twice in mid-80's.
Martins Ferry I think that was the first time they ever played in Woodsfield.

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Post by IVCHAWKS »

Was the River game played on February 16,I thought it was postponed, anyone have a score on that game

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

I really hope we get a Monroe vs Hiland district finals. It will be a clash of styles. Monroe wants to play fast and put up points and Hiland will play a more methodical defensive style. Would be a fun game.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

IVCHAWKS wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:14 am Was the River game played on February 16,I thought it was postponed, anyone have a score on that game
It wasn't played, and haven't heard of a makeup date.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

carbon_dated wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:16 pm I saw a guy wearing a Skyvue Hawks sweatshirt today in New Matamoras. Reminded me of time Skyvue went to final four twice in mid-80's.
Martins Ferry I think that was the first time they ever played in Woodsfield.
I don't remember a Martins Ferry team playing in Woodsfield. That's why I was surprised they agreed to a home and home. I hope it continues.

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Post by IVCHAWKS »

Sportsfan01 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:32 am I really hope we get a Monroe vs Hiland district finals. It will be a clash of styles. Monroe wants to play fast and put up points and Hiland will play a more methodical defensive style. Would be a fun game.
Hiland likes to play fast also, but they really hang there hat on playing very good man to man defense, hopefully this matchup will happen, but you never know in highschool tournaments

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea they are 20-1 not 21-1. The loss will be good for them I think.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

I saw on social media that Hiland lost their big 6'8 guy for the season and that another starter got hurt recently and will be out as well. Last year in the sectional which I'm pretty sure was at Hiland, the Hawks beat MC 73-30 according to maxpreps. I remember talking to my friend Mike from Woodsfield who goes to all of the games and he said the Hiland pressure really hurt them. I think that MC has way more talent this year than last with the additions they have like the transfer Allen and the younger Howell. If i'm not mistaken they returned pretty much the rest of the team as well. I think it will be a much different game this time around if it materializes.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

redskinwitness wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:00 pm I saw on social media that Hiland lost their big 6'8 guy for the season and that another starter got hurt recently and will be out as well. Last year in the sectional which I'm pretty sure was at Hiland, the Hawks beat MC 73-30 according to maxpreps. I remember talking to my friend Mike from Woodsfield who goes to all of the games and he said the Hiland pressure really hurt them. I think that MC has way more talent this year than last with the additions they have like the transfer Allen and the younger Howell. If i'm not mistaken they returned pretty much the rest of the team as well. I think it will be a much different game this time around if it materializes.

42 for MC is the perfect role player. He’s only a freshman but he’s every where defensively and on the boards.

Return to “Boys Basketball”