SW @ Minford 1/9/24

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

SW @ Minford 1/9/24

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Let’s hear it.

Might be a dangerous spot for the falcons I know the Webster boys aren’t happy about Friday.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
callie15
Varsity

Re: SW @ Minford 1/9/24

Post by callie15 »

Won't matter Minford has the better team .

tonylip
Waterboy

Post by tonylip »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:02 pm Let’s hear it.

Might be a dangerous spot for the falcons I know the Webster boys aren’t happy about Friday.
Might be a dangerous spot? So SW loses to Burg and all of a sudden they ain’t “beating the brakes off them” or winning by 50? What change? Was it the refs fault?

The biggest problem with SW as all high school sports is people telling kids they are the greatest thing ever, then kids lose, then those same supporters change their narrative? Adult fans are the worst

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Definitely going to catch this one. Should be a great game and atmosphere.
I'll take the Falcons in this one.

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

callie15 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:07 pm Won't matter Minford has the better team .
As if the "better team" wins all of the time. Each game is it's unique experience and circumstances. How many games did the better team not win this past week? Plenty.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

South Webster will be fine! when I watched the game what I saw from the Jeeps was NOT this years, Coach Persin's Jeeps ... you watch every other game this season South Webster LOOKED and PLAYED with patience/took the good shot which wasn't always the first open shot/ the rotations were very consistent ... vs Wheelersburg ALL of that went away - the patience on both ends - gone, forcing shots, poor shot selection, Roberts - didn't do 2023-24 Roberts' "things" , Timothy when he was on the court - was very effective in the paint offensively & at times was the only players that adjusted to the Burg physicality on the boards - most of the time when I looked at the floor - Timothy wasn't out there ... Norm wasn't court side ... Coach Persin brings composure to the decision making ... what I had seen in the games before the Burg game was an SW TEAM taking on the "composure of Coach Persin" - patience/focused on TEAM ... Wheelersburg had a lot to do with it I'm sure - not marginalizing their play at all - controlling the boards/ team physicality/ taking SW out of their comfort zone offensively / going into every game an opponent is trying to "take something away" from Eli Roberts - the physical play/making the rest of the SW team play without Roberts being "HIM" ... Wheelersburg had the "HIM" for the night in Braylon Rucker - I had him for 24 points in 2 qtrs ... Wheelersburg controlling the boards at both ends ... mark your calendars! 1/26 South Webster @ the Burg ...

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

tonylip wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:53 pm

Might be a dangerous spot? So SW loses to Burg and all of a sudden they ain’t “beating the brakes off them” or winning by 50? What change? Was it the refs fault?

The biggest problem with SW as all high school sports is people telling kids they are the greatest thing ever, then kids lose, then those same supporters change their narrative? Adult fans are the worst
I see you’re one of them people that take Swanker sarcasm on here literally and get all bent out of shape.

Got eeem

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

In recent history SW has had better luck at Minford than at home. Think Webster rebounds a little better this game after being humbled by da burg. Contain one or the other of Minfords stars and Webster will be fine.

tonylip
Waterboy

Post by tonylip »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:44 pm
tonylip wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:53 pm

I see you’re one of them people that take Swanker sarcasm on here literally and get all bent out of shape.

Got eeem
You’re right.
You got ‘em.

Kind of the same way you tried to blame the refs with your sarcasm after your Burg loss? Typical troll and excuse maker. Blame someone else then when someone calls you out and then you hide behind “sarcasm”.

Regardless of your thinking, SW has had a great season and has a great shot to beat Minford or anyone else they play.

purplegold
Riding the Bench

Post by purplegold »

This should be a fun game. I personally want to see the Kayser vs Roberts matchup. I love Kaysers game. I personally think he's the best player on this Falcon's team and the best player in the County as well. Should be a great game to watch.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

SEOPS meetup at hometown 🍻

GrumpyPundit
Riding the Bench

Post by GrumpyPundit »

Is this a game that SOSA is live-streaming?

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Could someone post the stream location ?

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Could someone post the stream location ?

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Does anyone know the link of the Burg at Waverly game tonight ?

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

GrumpyPundit wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:56 pm Is this a game that SOSA is live-streaming?
SOSA will be live streaming this game on their YOUTUBE channel

FalconNation
Waterboy

Post by FalconNation »

Game could go either way. I’m guessing that Roberts won’t want to battle with Minford in the paint. Predicting Minford to win by 15 but we’ll see. This could be a fight till the end.

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

Hate to say it, but... probably gonna be a repeat of last Friday night for the Jeeps. I don't see them being able to match up with the physicality of Minford. Just don't know if they have anyone who can stop Montgomery and Kayser. Hopefully Coach Persin is back on the sidelines to try to keep the Jeeps' composure in check. Up until this past Friday night the Jeeps had been getting by with Roberts getting HIS, but looked lost against Burg when Roberts couldn't find HIS, and no one else wanted to step up and be "HIM". Was it just the B-U-R-G across the chest of the Pirates, that the Jeeps just can't never seem to get past? Yes the Jeeps are 9-1 and have played and beaten some really good teams, but is the TEAM chemistry really there. They have the pieces of the puzzle sitting all around them, but haven't utilized their bench to fullest potential and definitely looked tired and ran down against the Burg. There has to be a next MAN UP if Roberts can't get HIS. The Timothy kid is as good as any post player in the district, but just isn't getting the minutes to be real effective for the Jeeps. Hopefully the Jeeps can figure it out and keep rolling along, tonight and the rest of this week will say alot about this Jeeps Team going forward.

Friday @ Waverly
Saturday @ Federal Hocking
Last edited by JeepNation26 on Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

These teams have a great chance to be playing in D3 and D4 regional finals games this March. Let’s enjoy two great “small school” basketball teams battle it out and make each other better along the way. I give a lot of credit to these programs for their non conference schedules this year. No easy paths or cupcakes even tho some scores will be lopsided. They’re just that dang good!

Taking the Falcons to win 62-54

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

callie15 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:15 pm Does anyone know the link of the Burg at Waverly game tonight ?
Check Waverly City Schools on YouTube.

Return to “Boys Basketball”