SW @ Minford 1/9/24

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Re: SW @ Minford 1/9/24

Post by JeepNation26 »

BasketballFan22 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:16 pm
Tomcat Queen wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:04 am
Ed Ott wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:52 pmIs Norm ok?
I hope he’s okay for obvious reasons but also so no one has any excuses when our Howie beats the brakes off SW in the tournament.

Not going to happen. Kind of like, how you said, Trimble would thump Eastern Beaver last year.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Post by Eugene2009 »

Elijah Craig wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:35 pm Timothy didn’t play much the second half, that’s a crime.

Bernard should start. The jeeps are playing a few that wouldn’t see the floor at burg or minford, and they play a lot
I agree with this 100%. Barnard should be 6th-7th man at worst….and yes finally someone addressing the elephant in the room about sw playing kids, one particularly,that can’t guard, penetrate without turning it over, or come close to making a open shot. There’s a reason he left Burg, the writing was on the wall with their strong sophomore class behind him.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Ed Ott wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:52 pmIs Norm ok?
I hope he’s okay for obvious reasons but also so no one has any excuses when our Howie beats the brakes off SW in the tournament.

Not going to happen. Kind of like, how you said, Trimble would thump Eastern Beaver last year.
Who?

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
SOCFalconFan
Waterboy

Post by SOCFalconFan »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:58 am Not sure what the deal is with Jack Timothy only playing limited time. He’s a bucket in the paint and can guard.

Agree Barnard should play varsity full time. At least he can actually get to the rim for a shot and not a turnover.
It was a fun game with a playoff atmosphere and both teams showed some good and bad things.

I thought Timothy looked like he did whatever he wanted in the paint early and I was surprised they didn’t use him more. I think with our focus on stopping Roberts and Sommer he could have been used to force us to change our defense up.

Barnard showed flashes in his limited minutes and I think if he got more time and reps he could be something nice.

Sommer seems like a steady, reliable, really good player every time I see him.

Roberts seemed to have an improved attitude from last year but still pouts and whines about calls too much, and he takes too many possessions off. If he hustled and went all out like Kayser on our team he would DOMINATE the area.

All in all, I think Webster is pretty good. I think Minford didn’t play their best game and could have won by a lot more, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Webster knocked us off next time with the talent they have.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

SOCFalconFan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:37 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:58 am Not sure what the deal is with Jack Timothy only playing limited time. He’s a bucket in the paint and can guard.

Agree Barnard should play varsity full time. At least he can actually get to the rim for a shot and not a turnover.
It was a fun game with a playoff atmosphere and both teams showed some good and bad things.

I thought Timothy looked like he did whatever he wanted in the paint early and I was surprised they didn’t use him more. I think with our focus on stopping Roberts and Sommer he could have been used to force us to change our defense up.

Barnard showed flashes in his limited minutes and I think if he got more time and reps he could be something nice.

Sommer seems like a steady, reliable, really good player every time I see him.

Roberts seemed to have an improved attitude from last year but still pouts and whines about calls too much, and he takes too many possessions off. If he hustled and went all out like Kayser on our team he would DOMINATE the area.

All in all, I think Webster is pretty good. I think Minford didn’t play their best game and could have won by a lot more, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Webster knocked us off next time with the talent they have.
Some nice points there SOCFalcon. Minford/Webster games have always been entertaining over the years, and Tuesday night was no different. Montgomery a bad matchup for Webster (and most other teams he plays!) and Kayser is developing into a special player. Shoemaker does a nice job with this team and really feel this is the year Minford gets the Convo monkey off their backs and make a run to Regionals (or beyond).*

BasketballFan22
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan22 »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:36 pm

Who?
You? I recall you saying the same exact thing when Trimble played Eastern Beaver last February. Eastern mopped the floor with them. Think it was 60 something to 30 something. Dont act like you didn't.

BasketballFan22
Riding the Bench

JeepNation26 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:26 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
She keeps denying it but I have Receipts.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

BasketballFan22 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:29 pm
Tomcat Queen wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:36 pm

Who?
You? I recall you saying the same exact thing when Trimble played Eastern Beaver last February. Eastern mopped the floor with them. Think it was 60 something to 30 something. Dont act like you didn't.
Eastern Who?

Hosey Caadwell
Waterboy

Post by Hosey Caadwell »

Trimble would beat both schools even if they combined rosters this year. Southwebstern has nothing for Howie and the Tomcat Express

GrumpyPundit
Riding the Bench

Post by GrumpyPundit »

If your best player isn’t your hardest worker, you’re destined to fall short of a team’s potential. I love watching how hard the Minford guard plays. And it’s pretty obvious when SW’s star takes possessions off.

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

Hosey Caadwell wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:11 am Trimble would beat both schools even if they combined rosters this year. Southwebstern has nothing for Howie and the Tomcat Express
Go back to sleep and wake back up, cause you're obviously dreaming, and have not watched neither Minford or South Webster play this season. I watched the Trimble and Fed Hock game and wasn't impressed by Trimble nor the "stomp". I've watched in person Webster play 9 times this season and Minford twice, and both teams would put an absolute thrashing on Trimble. Hopefully come tournament time Webster will get that chance to do it..... only if Trimble can get there.

BasketballFan22
Riding the Bench

Hosey Caadwell wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:11 am Trimble would beat both schools even if they combined rosters this year. Southwebstern has nothing for Howie and the Tomcat Express
You guys are delusional.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

The Stomp is coming. Ya better fear the STOMP! Prepare to have your brakes stomped off.

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:24 pm The Stomp is coming. Ya better fear the STOMP! Prepare to have your brakes stomped off.
Attachments
queen of clowns.png

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

bad time for the Jeeps to catch Minford...... this one will be ugly. Minford by 15+

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:24 pm The Stomp is coming. Ya better fear the STOMP! Prepare to have your brakes stomped off.
If any refs doing games in the area had any nuts they’d T his aszs up when he stomps at them and he’d stop that bullshi#. But they’re all scared of him but he gets straightened out in the tournament. That sheet doesn’t work when the better officials have the games. Think Western game :mrgreen:

HatTrick
Riding the Bench

Post by HatTrick »

I can assure you nobody is scared of the tomkittens- and definitely not scared some old geezer stomping his feet :lol:. SW by a lot

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

meatswinger wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:31 pm
If any refs doing games in the area had any nuts they’d T his aszs up when he stomps at them and he’d stop that bullshi#. But they’re all scared of him but he gets straightened out in the tournament. That sheet doesn’t work when the better officials have the games. Think Western game :mrgreen:
There is some definite truth behind this statement. Those guys that work those game could care less who is coaching

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

Keys to the game for Webster will be defensive execution and free throws. If they can execute on those ends, I believe they have a great chance to win. Oh yeah, appropriate use of timeouts sure wouldn't hurt either. Burg was good. Keep it rolling.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

You Webster people need to get with the program and keep the posts on the right topic. We got people arguing about west and wheelersburg and minford from a thread a month ago ☠️

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54

Return to “Boys Basketball”