Leesburg Fairfield

premiersp
Waterboy

Leesburg Fairfield

Post by premiersp »

Fairfield coming off a 22-0 regular season last year and 12-0 on this season. Is anyone going to beat them regular season?

Vik
JV Team

Re: Leesburg Fairfield

Post by Vik »

I thought they’d beat Western by more. Western has a couple great players and are coached well.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

They still have North Adams, Eastern, and Miami Trace. Very good team that plays great team defense but not sure they can beat NA or Eastern this year.

Neb Hcuof ;)
Waterboy

Post by Neb Hcuof ;) »

ZERO respect. Outside looking in, I get it. You don't have any superstars on the team other than the soon to be SED POY Larkin Friend. Fairfields best quarter of the night is always going to be the 3Q and that says a ton about the braintrust and kids. You won't find better team defense or coachable kids. Are there better teams-maybe. They very well could lose but this group will be District Champs and will play like the team you wish your team played like. Keep yapping, they will keep winning. #34straightW

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

That South Webster kid looking like the district’s top player

yellowsnow
Waterboy

Post by yellowsnow »

It's hard to say with Fairfield being in arguably the weakest league in southeast Ohio. I don't see them beating North Adams or Miami Trace, maybe Eastern Brown. They might have the record to show for but won't make any noise come tournament time.

yellowsnow
Waterboy

Post by yellowsnow »

@Neb Hcuof ;) You believe Friend will be SE DPOY? Over Roberts, Kayser, Montgomery, Taylor, Kendall, Lovely….

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

yellowsnow wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:48 pm @Neb Hcuof ;) You believe Friend will be SE DPOY? Over Roberts, Kayser, Montgomery, Taylor, Kendall, Lovely….

In D4 he’d still have to get around Haggy let alone Eli Roberts averaging nearly 15 boards and close to 30ppg

Friend is good I liked what I saw at Alexander but come on lol.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Fairfield’s schedule has been atrocious, but you can only beat who you play, so I don’t put that on them.

Cedarville is a very good win, but Paint Valley won 17 games a year, couldn’t have predicted how awful that they. Federal Hocking is a solid win, but they are also a step behind where they were a year ago. You knew East Clinton was going to be a bad game, but couldn’t have predicted that Western would lose 8 straight after a 3-0 start.

Sometimes you just can’t control your non league, especially in the area that Fairfield is located.

They are a strong team and I’d put them solidly second in D4. Friend will be in the running for DPOY because there’s a human element to the voting and also, a player from a 3-8 team isn’t getting it over a kid averaging 15/10/6 for an unbeaten team. It is Roberts’ award to lose, but we will see how he does without Norm on the sidelines.

Return to “Boys Basketball”