Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Waverly probably wins this one.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Re: 1/12 SW @ Waverly

Post by JeepNation26 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:35 am Waverly probably wins this one.
Dang Swanky, pretty quick response, you calling it for the Tigers that easily?

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:35 am Waverly probably wins this one.
lol Swanker down bad rn

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I can’t sleep at night. All I hear is Over Rated and I believe that we have won on repeat.

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:05 pm I can’t sleep at night. All I hear is Over Rated and I believe that we have won on repeat.
It should be no surprise to you by now Swanky, the burg and minford always tough games for the Jeeps and both usually come out on top no matter what the sport is. Just always been that way, don't always know why but it just is...

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

We’ll see how the big rumor plays out.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:03 pm We’ll see how the big rumor plays out.
Don’t you just love rumors?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

smurray wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:51 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:03 pm We’ll see how the big rumor plays out.
Don’t you just love rumors?
The bigger the better 🐋

Jeeps_06
Waterboy

Post by Jeeps_06 »

What's the rumor going around I love a good rumor

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Jeeps_06 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:12 pm
What's the rumor going around I love a good rumor
Nothing but an issue 2. pipe dream about a new interim. Confirmed false

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Can we get to the tournament already? I can’t wait for our Howie to stomp the brakes off SW, no matter who’s coaching them. It looks bad on them that they’re already building up an excuse.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Maybe if Trimble has to make it out of sectionals first. Probably the district too

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:33 pm Can we get to the tournament already? I can’t wait for our Howie to stomp the brakes off SW, no matter who’s coaching them. It looks bad on them that they’re already building up an excuse.
I love Howie and his coaching style. I’ve known him for 30 years I guess. Well, since Carl Wolfe was excumunicado from eastern. He is one of the best, bar none.
And he will tell you, when all things are equal, a break here or there usually decides it

Good luck to both, I’d love to see that matchup.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Jeeps will be fine...people freaking out when they lose 2 games against Burg and Minford (who are both potential Regional teams in D3)?? Definitely need more on the offensive end from their backcourt though. And the rotation at midway point in season not guaranteed to be the same rotation come tourney time. Barnard needs to keep grinding in jv games and be ready when his number called during varsity games. Kid could be the offensive spark the backcourt needs if he gets his confidence.

On a related note, Webster jv team is TOUGH. No dominant players, just 6-7 players who run the offense with someone different beating you each night. Don't expect much of a dropoff next year in Jeep Country.*

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

art_vandelay wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:40 pm Jeeps will be fine...people freaking out when they lose 2 games against Burg and Minford (who are both potential Regional teams in D3)?? Definitely need more on the offensive end from their backcourt though. And the rotation at midway point in season not guaranteed to be the same rotation come tourney time. Barnard needs to keep grinding in jv games and be ready when his number called during varsity games. Kid could be the offensive spark the backcourt needs if he gets his confidence.

On a related note, Webster jv team is TOUGH. No dominant players, just 6-7 players who run the offense with someone different beating you each night. Don't expect much of a dropoff next year in Jeep Country.*

If you guys like Hunter you’re gonna love his brother next year. Big time prospect I’m very high on. Both the boys are great ball players. Need to utilize Hunter 100% on varsity, the rest of the JV squad has it handled lol. Do they have state rankings for JV?

Hopefully the Jeeps will have shot some free throws in practice by Friday. The downtown arena gets the best of a lot of teams sometimes

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:59 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:40 pm Jeeps will be fine...people freaking out when they lose 2 games against Burg and Minford (who are both potential Regional teams in D3)?? Definitely need more on the offensive end from their backcourt though. And the rotation at midway point in season not guaranteed to be the same rotation come tourney time. Barnard needs to keep grinding in jv games and be ready when his number called during varsity games. Kid could be the offensive spark the backcourt needs if he gets his confidence.

If you guys like Hunter you’re gonna love his brother next year. Big time prospect I’m very high on. Both the boys are great ball players. Need to utilize Hunter 100% on varsity, the rest of the JV squad has it handled lol. Do they have state rankings for JV?

Hopefully the Jeeps will have shot some free throws in practice by Friday. The downtown arena gets the best of a lot of teams sometimes
You should take your JV team to play Warren’s JV if you want to find out how good they are. Their JV coach has 400 wins if you haven’t heard LOL.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Think they won 16 games last year

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

After watching the last two games, I think that these two losses can be something good for South Webster. Both Burg and Minford had really good game plans. Both were relentless on the offensive glass and found out that if you can keep the game in the 40’s-50’s, then you can make Webster value every possession. This is only going to help them in the long run.
Burg and Minford are both really solid teams. South Webster needs a 3rd offensive option. Roberts and Summer are going to get points but they need another consistent 8-12 points per game from a 3rd player.
One thing that does stick out to me is the overall improvement in attitude and defense. South Webster is vastly improved on defense from a fundamental standpoint. They’re going to be fine.

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:33 pm Can we get to the tournament already? I can’t wait for our Howie to stomp the brakes off SW, no matter who’s coaching them. It looks bad on them that they’re already building up an excuse.
No one is making an excuse Girl, calm down ;) ; EVERYONE knows how good your Howie is. Everyone wants this match up, hopefully we get it!

Return to “Boys Basketball”