Will the wheels fall off for South Webster

BasketballGuy
Waterboy

Will the wheels fall off for South Webster

Post by BasketballGuy »

With Coach Persin's health questionable, will Coach Fenton be able to steer the bus or does the wheels fall off for this team

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Re: Will the wheels fall off for South Webster

Post by Eugene2009 »

Jeeps will be fine. Fenton is doing fine. He’s basically been doing most the coaching all season from what I’ve heard. You can’t give Norm the credit for the good & Fenton the blame for the bad, just not fair or accurate. Jeeps need more from their supporting cast, especially the backcourt. Can’t rely on Roberts to score 30+ every single night. Gonna be even tougher for him going forward if the guards can’t make some shots to stretch the D.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

South Webster’s recent problems have been their schedule, not their coach. Their 9-0 record featured 2 quality wins (Fairland and Vinton County) while their 2 losses are to the two best teams they’ve played. I bet if Fenton coached the first two games instead of the last two games they would have been fine.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

That’s a wrap. Try again next year. Good season boys

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

They just went 2-2 in a very tough 4 game stretch, which normal people would see as not a bad thing. Some folks have hyped them up so much that randoms want to see them fail though, which is why you get threads like this.

A loss at Waverly would be the only thing that would raise any concern for me. Some rotation things are all that I see as an issue at this point, I feel like they have some really good depth and their frontcourt talent is very good.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

What team in the region can run the gauntlet unscathed? I'm not a SW dude, and I know SW is a baseball school, but c'mon. :D

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

SW will be fine and probably win the rest of their games until the tournament. I hope they get Normal back by then so they don’t have any excuses for when they face our Howie and the STOMP! It will be a great matchup between the two best coaches in this part of the state. If he’s not back Howie will toy with that Fenton guy or whoever they have.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:18 am SW will be fine and probably win the rest of their games until the tournament. I hope they get Normal back by then so they don’t have any excuses for when they face our Howie and the STOMP! It will be a great matchup between the two best coaches in this part of the state. If he’s not back Howie will toy with that Fenton guy or whoever they have.
Dang... for a half of a second I thought the Trimble :twisted: Queen was gonna say something nice about SW, but nope.... always comes with her claws out ;)

Jeeps_06
Waterboy

Post by Jeeps_06 »

I am confident in Fenton steering the bus back on the right track it has been a few years since Fenton has actually coached varsity but he is one of the best to do and with Blevins and I am guessing norm's son as the assistants the Jeeps will hopefully get back to their winning ways starting tonight at Waverly

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

From what I hear a potential tourney matchup with ISJ could be good

unclequis
Riding the Bench

Post by unclequis »

They’ve lost to the two best teams on their schedule, not to mention they’re a division below Burg and Minford. Yeah the SOC III might be out of reach, but who exactly in the district is going to stop them from winning a D4 District Title? If I had to guess, they’ll beat North Adams on the 20th (another strong D3 team), and it wouldn’t surprise me if they beat Burg or Minford the second time around.

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

St Jude would beat SW like a rented mule

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

Frequent Flyer wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:21 pm St Jude would beat SW like a rented mule
St Joe would go 0-10 in SOC III…

Jeeps will be fine. My pirates shocked them a little bit and jeeps couldn’t stop the momentum. Minford is very good. No shame in that one on the road. SW will be a tough one second time around for those two.

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

bunt pirate wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:50 pm
Frequent Flyer wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:21 pm St Jude would beat SW like a rented mule

Jeeps will be fine. My pirates shocked them a little bit and jeeps couldn’t stop the momentum. Minford is very good. No shame in that one on the road. SW will be a tough one second time around for those two.
Lol :lol: St. Joe wouldn't even be able to compete in the SOCII, and definitely wouldn't win a single game in SOCIII..... got to love comedy on here sometimes...

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Is st Jude the high school with the little feller on TV asking for $19 a month? With the teddy bear blanket.

Jeeps by a gazillion.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

People would be better off not feeding the trolls

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:48 pm People would be better off not feeding the trolls
This site would be a ghost town without those “trolls.” Why not read and laugh and throw a response their way from time to time?

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Post by Eugene2009 »

SW JV by 20.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Pat wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:02 pm
TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:48 pm People would be better off not feeding the trolls
This site would be a ghost town without those “trolls.” Why not read and laugh and throw a response their way from time to time?
Back in the day there would be 15-20 threads being active every single day through March on here. Someone’s gotta keep the lights on for Matt

sportsfan33
Waterboy

Post by sportsfan33 »

bunt pirate wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:50 pm

Well that’s why they are in SOC I lol
sw by 12

Return to “Boys Basketball”