REMATCH SOUTH WEBSTER vs. WHEELERSBURG @ Burg Fri.1/26/24 (Burg's Homecoming)

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Re: REMATCH SOUTH WEBSTER vs. WHEELERSBURG @ Burg Fri.1/26/24 (Burg's Homecoming)

Post by Elijah Craig »

The diff in this game has been Bernard

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: REMATCH SOUTH WEBSTER vs. WHEELERSBURG @ Burg Fri.1/26/24 (Burg's Homecoming)

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

63-56 JEEPS FINAL IN OVERTIME

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

HUNTER MFN BARNARD. That’s him!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Enjoy the dance pirates.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great win for the Jeeps. Held on after a huge comeback by the Burg!! Burg’s youth showed up in OT. Took some pretty crazy shots. Lattimore didn’t take one shot in OT!!

Only 2nd loss since the early 70’s on Homecoming night, ironically both to the Jeeps!!

On a side note, I thought Hopkins retired?! Lol

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

LETS GOOO.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Sounds like it ended up being one heck of a ballgame. Congrats to the Jeeps on the win.

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

I think lattimore went 3-6 from the line down the stretch. You have to make free throws in games like this.

Going out of the 1-3-1 in OT really sealed the deal. Roberts must have had 4-5 blocks when burg players got to the rim

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Very interesting game to watch. I’ve been watching high school basketball since the 70’s and I’ve never seen a dog storm the court before!! 😄😄

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

jeep80 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:17 pm Very interesting game to watch. I’ve been watching high school basketball since the 70’s and I’ve never seen a dog storm the court before!! 😄😄
Lol, Burg pulling out all the antics to stop Webster’s momentum, dog on to court, Head Coach throwing water bottle down on the sideline water going everywhere, lol
All jokes aside it was as expected a heck of a ballgame.
Roberts managed to keep his composure and the Sophomore Barnard came up big tonight for the Jeeps knocking down some clutch shots. Kid proving he can play and that he wants it. Great win for the Jeeps!!!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

The whole team showed up tonight.
All of em

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Great win for Webster…some people on here (myself included) questioned their toughness after the first Burg game, but they showed up tonight and battled on the boards. Roberts is best player in southeastern Ohio when he is dialed in and tonight he showed that.

Also, Hunter Barnard kept his mouth shut about playing time and just kept grinding last few weeks, and now likely made himself a part of Webster’s rotation for the rest of his career. Great to see.

As for Burg, they not going anywhere. Get everyone healthy next few weeks, and look for them to be competing for a D3 District Championship.*

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Post by Eugene2009 »

Great win for the Jeeps! Crazy game…I thought we were going to lose like 3 separate times but we showed a lil fight instead of folding when things got tough! Let’s hope there’s no let down tomorrow vs West!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Monster Dunks, German Shepherds, Alex Praters fake water bottle spill full of his tears, a big come back, horrible refs, an underclassman being Himothy, and a Jeeps win in overtime at the Burg on homecoming night. This game had it all.

SEOALLivesMatter
Waterboy

Post by SEOALLivesMatter »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:11 am Monster Dunks, German Shepherds, Alex Praters fake water bottle spill full of his tears, a big come back, horrible refs, an underclassman being Himothy, and a Jeeps win in overtime at the Burg on homecoming night. This game had it all.
Who schedules a game like this for homecoming? Oh the arrogance. :mrgreen:

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:58 pm
Spalding22 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:43 pm
Eugene2009 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:11 pm

I remember when we had less talented teams but had kids that were up to the challenge & we would beat Burg often, especially at home. Hope our kids find some fire & heart before tomorrow.
SW -12 if they run a zone 1-3-1 or 1-2-2 (and perhaps if they’ve been taught how to effectively run one)

If not, pick ‘em.
Burg has already beat Minford and Portsmouth at home, and also beat Webster by 10+ on road this season. You’re either way too high on Webster, or way too low on Burg. As for the zone, Minford zoned Burg majority of game and still couldn’t beat them.

Agree with this being a pick ‘em as Webster is more than capable of winning this one. But I don’t see any scenario where they beat Burg on road by 12+ points*
Well, the -12 doesn’t look so bad when they’re up 14, however, they seemed to tactically blow the lead for whatever reason. Look, I give a nod to the coaches and the players. Best I’ve seen them look all year. It was actually exciting to watch. I think they could figure out a way to preserve some of the leads they’ve had, but I’m not complaining. From bottom to the top, everyone from Webster put their best foot forward.

As for Burg, Lattimore played his tail off. Kid has heart. I still believe Webster is the better team 85 percent of the time. With that being said, I wouldn’t mind seeing them meet in the tournament.

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Post by Eugene2009 »

Spalding22 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:58 pm

SW -12 if they run a zone 1-3-1 or 1-2-2 (and perhaps if they’ve been taught how to effectively run one)

If not, pick ‘em.
Burg has already beat Minford and Portsmouth at home, and also beat Webster by 10+ on road this season. You’re either way too high on Webster, or way too low on Burg. As for the zone, Minford zoned Burg majority of game and still couldn’t beat them.

Agree with this being a pick ‘em as Webster is more than capable of winning this one. But I don’t see any scenario where they beat Burg on road by 12+ points*
Well, the -12 doesn’t look so bad when they’re up 14, however, they seemed to tactically blow the lead for whatever reason. Look, I give a nod to the coaches and the players. Best I’ve seen them look all year. It was actually exciting to watch. I think they could figure out a way to preserve some of the leads they’ve had, but I’m not complaining. From bottom to the top, everyone from Webster put their best foot forward.

As for Burg, Lattimore played his tail off. Kid has heart. I still believe Webster is the better team 85 percent of the time. With that being said, I wouldn’t mind seeing them meet in the tournament.
Burg is D3 & SW D4….we will have to wait until next year to see them matchup again.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

If not, pick ‘em.

No way. More like Burg is 85% better. Burg was not good at all last night, had three players sick all week, and spotted Webster two points to start the game with the warming up technical or Webster loses last night. Something some might be overlooking. Webster played really good and Bernard is definitely a plus but burg is the better team overall.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

If they called half of the travels that Lattimore does when he’s bulldozing to the basket, burg would drop a few more games. Good on the Jeeps for throwing up an iron curtain late in the game to stop him.

Also the flu has been going around Webster too. No excuses for being sick. Roberts was coughing up a lung the whole game
Attachments
IMG_0100.jpeg

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:29 pm

No way. More like Burg is 85% better. Burg was not good at all last night, had three players sick all week, and spotted Webster two points to start the game with the warming up technical or Webster loses last night. Something some might be overlooking. Webster played really good and Bernard is definitely a plus but burg is the better team overall.
Woby,…no. Just no. 😂 I digress.

Thanks for the clarity, Art.

Return to “Boys Basketball”