REMATCH SOUTH WEBSTER vs. WHEELERSBURG @ Burg Fri.1/26/24 (Burg's Homecoming)

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Re: REMATCH SOUTH WEBSTER vs. WHEELERSBURG @ Burg Fri.1/26/24 (Burg's Homecoming)

Post by JeepNation26 »

Dang fellas, it's done and over with for this year. Let's move on and wish the two teams the best of luck the rest of the season and in the tournament. The horse is dead... let's quit beating it.....

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: REMATCH SOUTH WEBSTER vs. WHEELERSBURG @ Burg Fri.1/26/24 (Burg's Homecoming)

Post by wobycat »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:14 pm South Webster would beat Wheelersburg 9 out of 10 times. Not just 8.
Are we starting now on counting that? Because Currently burg has won the last 3 out of 4

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

JeepNation26 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:18 pm Dang fellas, it's done and over with for this year. Let's move on and wish the two teams the best of luck the rest of the season and in the tournament. The horse is dead... let's quit beating it.....
Webster can't move on. It's their superbowl.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

wobycat wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:18 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:14 pm South Webster would beat Wheelersburg 9 out of 10 times. Not just 8.
Are we starting now on counting that? Because Currently burg has won the last 3 out of 4
This team you numb nuts. Wins against Cole’s Jeeps don’t count

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:19 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:18 pm
This team you numb nuts. Wins against Cole’s Jeeps don’t count
Ok, then set it up. We have to play 8 more games. Currently tied at 1 to 1. Also, you have to be above 45, if you're using the phrase "numb nuts".

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Meanwhile, in the real world, it is 1-1 with Burg winning by the larger margin.

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:08 pm
Spalding22 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:27 am
RBH23 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:45 am

Needed some excuse to explain why lowly Wheelersburg took the Mighty Jeeps into overtime.
Beating Wheelersburg is "everyone's superbowl" or so the wheelersburg streaming announcers claimed. They did a good job of remaining impartial and hiding their bitterness until that pompous statement came out. Did anyone else hear it? Wheelerburg isn't low, South Webster based on sheer talent should beat Wheelerburg 8 times out of 10. I said it once, and i'll say it again, coaching was the difference in the first game. It was almost blown again in the second game. They were up 12 in the first game, and blew the lead by having the wrong personnel in. They almost blew the second lead, but they fortunately adapted this time. Ball handling depth is websters weakness. They have ball handlers, but sometimes, it seems they get caught with their pants down by having 5 guys in the game at the same time who do not need to be in at the same time.
Might be some truth to the "super bowl" comment. Burg wins the first game, the thread covering that game in SEOPS was 3 pages long and over the next day.

Webster wins in overtime after two free throws given to start the game, also with burgs best two scorers on the bench in overtime mind you, and here we are 5 pages in and week later, arguing that webster is so much better they would win 8 out of 10 times.
And you’re still here for it. It’s amazing isn’t it. Truth to it? The way y’all talk, Burg seems to have turned into the “Baird school” off of the movie “scent of a woman.” Pompous, arrogant, and all of the synonyms accompanying them. Could be bright spot of the area, but instead the announcers decide to call out the celebration of other schools (who have many other disadvantages unrelated to sports) by saying it’s their Super Bowl. You just ratified that statement. No words.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Spalding22 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:42 pm

Beating Wheelersburg is "everyone's superbowl" or so the wheelersburg streaming announcers claimed. They did a good job of remaining impartial and hiding their bitterness until that pompous statement came out. Did anyone else hear it? Wheelerburg isn't low, South Webster based on sheer talent should beat Wheelerburg 8 times out of 10. I said it once, and i'll say it again, coaching was the difference in the first game. It was almost blown again in the second game. They were up 12 in the first game, and blew the lead by having the wrong personnel in. They almost blew the second lead, but they fortunately adapted this time. Ball handling depth is websters weakness. They have ball handlers, but sometimes, it seems they get caught with their pants down by having 5 guys in the game at the same time who do not need to be in at the same time.
Might be some truth to the "super bowl" comment. Burg wins the first game, the thread covering that game in SEOPS was 3 pages long and over the next day.

Webster wins in overtime after two free throws given to start the game, also with burgs best two scorers on the bench in overtime mind you, and here we are 5 pages in and week later, arguing that webster is so much better they would win 8 out of 10 times.
And you’re still here for it. It’s amazing isn’t it. Truth to it? The way y’all talk, Burg seems to have turned into the “Baird school” off of the movie “scent of a woman.” Pompous, arrogant, and all of the synonyms accompanying them. Could be bright spot of the area, but instead the announcers decide to call out the celebration of other schools (who have many other disadvantages unrelated to sports) by saying it’s their Super Bowl. You just ratified that statement. No words.
“Pompous and arrogant?” Burg sits at #1 in the SOC, but I don’t see their fans on here pounding their chest and talking about how they are 8-12 points better than other teams. South Webster fans are doing all the talking. Acting as if the other SOC schools are blessed to just be in South Webster’s presence. West, Burg, Minford…. None are worthy!

Wobycat’s right. Burg wins, and not much is said. Webster wins, and the trash talking begins.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Still going strong here 💪🏼

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:45 am

Needed some excuse to explain why lowly Wheelersburg took the Mighty Jeeps into overtime.

My favorite example of the “Super Bowl” syndrome was 2019 when Jackson beat Burg in football…coach got the Gatorade bath 😂🤣😂

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

522Pirate wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:22 pm

My favorite example of the “Super Bowl” syndrome was 2019 when Jackson beat Burg in football…coach got the Gatorade bath 😂🤣😂
Burg will probably do that in football if we ever beat ironton, Jackson again or god forbid prep

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

I certainly hope not!

DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

Everyone’s “Super Bowl” is whatever team Howie is coaching. Always been that way. Fortunately not many have been able to beat him.

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:49 am

“Pompous and arrogant?” Burg sits at #1 in the SOC, but I don’t see their fans on here pounding their chest and talking about how they are 8-12 points better than other teams. South Webster fans are doing all the talking. Acting as if the other SOC schools are blessed to just be in South Webster’s presence. West, Burg, Minford…. None are worthy!

Wobycat’s right. Burg wins, and not much is said. Webster wins, and the trash talking begins.
I was giving a subjective opinion on the outcome of the game-rather than making a statement similar in nature to one a sore loser would make. Very different.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Spalding22 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:01 pm

I was giving a subjective opinion on the outcome of the game-rather than making a statement similar in nature to one a sore loser would make. Very different.
Your “subjective opinion” is that Burg is “pompous, arrogant…” yet they are not on this thread talking about how great they are. It’s some of the Webster fans doing that.

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:15 pm

Your “subjective opinion” is that Burg is “pompous, arrogant…” yet they are not on this thread talking about how great they are. It’s some of the Webster fans doing that.
No, my subjective opinion is that SW is that SW is 8-12 points better than wheelersburg, which is not that far fetched considering they were up 12 and 14 points in both games they’ve played. However, after the announcers made the “Super Bowl” comment, which was indeed pompous and arrogant, and it seemed to fit the areas stereotype of wheelersburg. Maybe fire the commentator, or I suppose the board, a long with the wheelersburg faithful are ratifying his comments.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Spalding22 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:18 pm

No, my subjective opinion is that SW is that SW is 8-12 points better than wheelersburg, which is not that far fetched considering they were up 12 and 14 points in both games they’ve played. However, after the announcers made the “Super Bowl” comment, which was indeed pompous and arrogant, and it seemed to fit the areas stereotype of wheelersburg. Maybe fire the commentator, or I suppose the board, a long with the wheelersburg faithful are ratifying his comments.
Burg beat Webster by 10. Webster beat Burg by 7 in OT.
I see how you came up with SW being 8-12 points better. Must be Webster math. 🤦‍♂️

Again, Burg fans haven’t been talking smack and giving clueless subjective opinions about how great their program is compared to others. It’s been Webster dominating that conversation. At least be honest about your smack talk. Own your arrogance.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Keep up the good work spalding. Don’t let ‘em forget

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Spalding22 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:18 pm

You’re offended by that comment?

Aside from that being a common comment heard in many broadcasts in all levels, similar to “they will get everyone’s best shot” , did you listen to anything positive said about the jeeps. I’ve heard many broadcasts from burg media, and they are always complimentary of other teams and their players.

I am assuming that the burg - webster broadcast was no different along with the assumption you will not admit that they did.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Pretty tough for a team to have a Super Bowl when they don’t field a football team

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion

Return to “Boys Basketball”