Advice for young refs at Tourney time

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Advice for young refs at Tourney time

Post by Farmer Yoder »

Get with me. Pay the fee. Learn “the Glare”.

Last night. Some of the boys in Watertown asked me to break out my new tactic aka the Glare for the game with Thimble. They thought our Wildcats might need a little boost to get the win. It worked! Howie stomped and then he stared. I gave him “the Glare” and he didn’t say anything else to me the rest of the game.

It costs a little to learn and it there is also a fee to get me to use it but early on I would say it’s worth it if you want to get momentum towards a deep tourney run!

DUNK1
Freshman Team

Re: Advice for young refs at Tourney time

Post by DUNK1 »

Farmer Yoder wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:16 am Get with me. Pay the fee. Learn “the Glare”.

Last night. Some of the boys in Watertown asked me to break out my new tactic aka the Glare for the game with Thimble. They thought our Wildcats might need a little boost to get the win. It worked! Howie stomped and then he stared. I gave him “the Glare” and he didn’t say anything else to me the rest of the game.

It costs a little to learn and it there is also a fee to get me to use it but early on I would say it’s worth it if you want to get momentum towards a deep tourney run!
You used “the glare”? Looked more like “the cheat” to me. We done got Waterford’d again by the refs. But come tournament time the Stomp-n-Stare will be intimidating the refs again like every year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”