Vinton County --Whats the problem?

vcgrad
All Conference

Vinton County --Whats the problem?

Post by vcgrad »

Have now lost 3 in a row--- not looking good for sectionals. Will Meigs beat them? How about Jackson?

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Vinton County --Whats the problem?

Post by Dundas »

vcgrad wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:11 am Have now lost 3 in a row--- not looking good for sectionals. Will Meigs beat them? How about Jackson?
Actually, they’ve lost their last two, not three. Marietta and Washington both beat VC by 7 points each and are a combined 31-4 overall this year. You’re constantly fishing for people to talk down about a program you supposedly support. I just don’t get it. At least get what little facts you provide straight before you post.

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

I have said it once and I will say it agin for the 1000th time. All these boys need is a beer for victory arrangement to get em going. Thats tradition at VC. Feed us beer and we go a lot harder.

This isnt tough.

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Jackson has better athletes. Road games at Meigs and Wellston will mean we get cheated.

I see 14-8.

With or withput beer.

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

They’ve lost to some really good teams in highly competitive games. They have one bad loss on the whole year and are primed to be TVC Champs.

Only four teams get out of the sectional this year, so it’s going to be a quick exit for a lot of teams.

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

vcgrad wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:11 am Have now lost 3 in a row--- not looking good for sectionals. Will Meigs beat them? How about Jackson?
Two factors influencing this:

1. Obviously Combs knew when to get out of VC.

2. It’s a mindset. Combs’ being adamant about keeping teams with good programs like Warren out of the TVC developed that mindset.

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
Connie Lingus
Waterboy

Post by Connie Lingus »

VC has gone soft. Years of Combs keeping any competition out of the TVC has reared its ugly head. These boys arent battle tested and it shows.

bc181700
Freshman Team

Post by bc181700 »

I've only watched a couple of the replays, but I see a really strong VC team this year. WCH and Marietta are EXTREMELY good teams. I understand that the league isn't super tough, but that doesn't take away from the size/skill of this VC team. I think they are just fine... my humble opinion.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

bc181700 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:11 pm I've only watched a couple of the replays, but I see a really strong VC team this year. WCH and Marietta are EXTREMELY good teams. I understand that the league isn't super tough, but that doesn't take away from the size/skill of this VC team. I think they are just fine... my humble opinion.
According to PFloyds rankings, Vinton County has lost to the 2,3, and 4 best teams in SEO by a combined 8 ppg. That’s 3 buckets. VC may not go far in the tournament but I can assure you, no one will want to play them. This team could flame out early or win a district title. I wouldn’t be surprised either way honestly.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

bc181700 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:11 pm I've only watched a couple of the replays, but I see a really strong VC team this year. WCH and Marietta are EXTREMELY good teams. I understand that the league isn't super tough, but that doesn't take away from the size/skill of this VC team. I think they are just fine... my humble opinion.
They would be considerably better prepared if they were playing Warren every year. But its well documented why that wont happen.

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

There is no particular problem at Vinton County. Tough team. Skilled. There are a few teams better this year, but that doesn't mean the program continues to be very good.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Lost to Federal Hocking also-- I guess we wait for another week and see the results--- I wish they can/could win them all--just think we have a good team not pushed/playing to max-- wanted us to be reaching our peak this time of year. I do also agree we need to add a few more teams to the Ohio side of the TVC...

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

vcgrad wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:23 am Lost to Federal Hocking also-- I guess we wait for another week and see the results--- I wish they can/could win them all--just think we have a good team not pushed/playing to max-- wanted us to be reaching our peak this time of year. I do also agree we need to add a few more teams to the Ohio side of the TVC...
Not pushed but not willing to play a good opponent every year. We would take Warren in the Hocking and Eastern would stomp that azz most years. We aint Skeert.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

vcgrad wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:23 am Lost to Federal Hocking also-- I guess we wait for another week and see the results--- I wish they can/could win them all--just think we have a good team not pushed/playing to max-- wanted us to be reaching our peak this time of year. I do also agree we need to add a few more teams to the Ohio side of the TVC...
I’m sure you would be welcomed with open arms if you wanted to join the staff.

It’s crazy that there are people complaining about a team that is about to 3 peat as league champions and is averaging over 15 wins a year. Mind blowing actually. Are we supposed to win the state title every year?

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Dundas wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:53 pm
I’m sure you would be welcomed with open arms if you wanted to join the staff.

It’s crazy that there are people complaining about a team that is about to 3 peat as league champions and is averaging over 15 wins a year. Mind blowing actually. Are we supposed to win the state title every year?
Yep. One of the worst leagues in the state at this time. And we’re proud about that too. No need to get any better.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

I am just saying-- we seem not to be able to compete with the good teams. Our league has been weak for the last 8 years or so. Its always been a 2 team race. We lose at home to Fed Hock- then they lose at home to Marietta by 20? I am not saying we should win them all- but we seem not to rise to the top when we play good teams-- I just want us to compete with them!!!! The last few years it seems no one fears us when we play them. Winning the league is nice- but I want us to get back to being one of the top area teams that make noise in the tournament.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

They literally just competed with Marietta and Washington. That’s what you say you want, but the fact that they lost means that they didn’t compete to you. Make up your mind.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

vcgrad wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:47 pm I am just saying-- we seem not to be able to compete with the good teams. Our league has been weak for the last 8 years or so. Its always been a 2 team race. We lose at home to Fed Hock- then they lose at home to Marietta by 20? I am not saying we should win them all- but we seem not to rise to the top when we play good teams-- I just want us to compete with them!!!! The last few years it seems no one fears us when we play them. Winning the league is nice- but I want us to get back to being one of the top area teams that make noise in the tournament.
We lost to Marietta and Washington by 7 points each. That’s competitive.

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Dundas wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:21 pm
vcgrad wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:47 pm I am just saying-- we seem not to be able to compete with the good teams. Our league has been weak for the last 8 years or so. Its always been a 2 team race. We lose at home to Fed Hock- then they lose at home to Marietta by 20? I am not saying we should win them all- but we seem not to rise to the top when we play good teams-- I just want us to compete with them!!!! The last few years it seems no one fears us when we play them. Winning the league is nice- but I want us to get back to being one of the top area teams that make noise in the tournament.
Vinton County is very competitive -- capable of beating any team in the Southeast on a given night. But like most others, capable of losing to about 8 nor 9 other teams as well. Lots of parity in D-II Southeast this season in my view.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Hookshot wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:26 pm
Dundas wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:21 pm
Vinton County is very competitive -- capable of beating any team in the Southeast on a given night. But like most others, capable of losing to about 8 nor 9 other teams as well. Lots of parity in D-II Southeast this season in my view.
Completely agree. This thread should never have been started. It just makes our fan base look ignorant. If the Vikings were setting at 3-15, then yes, let’s have this discussion.

Return to “Boys Basketball”