unclequis
Riding the Bench

SOSA Livestream Link: Wheelersburg @ Minford

Post by unclequis »

Top Gun
Waterboy

Re: SOSA Livestream Link: Wheelersburg @ Minford

Post by Top Gun »

Surprised this game isn't getting more buzz. Should be a great one!

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Hate it for the kids that these officials were assigned to this game. They are struggling.

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

🤣

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

Transplant, if you don't like them, get off your butt and see what you can do.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

The refs did just fine and Burg had 4 free throws all night they were 3 of 4 I think Minford had like 19 attempts Burg had way too many dumb fouls gotta clean that up

Burg grad 85
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I didn’t say I didn’t like them. Just didn’t call a very good game in my opinion. Sorry for having a voice. I’ll just report scores from now on. No wonder no one posts anymore. People get called out for every little thing they say. Geez. Sorry Callie, one of them must be a relative to you? Sorry I struck a nerve. I didn’t even care who won the game. I just thought they struggled. That’s all.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

scott1297 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:09 pm The refs did just fine and Burg had 4 free throws all night they were 3 of 4 I think Minford had like 19 attempts Burg had way too many dumb fouls gotta clean that up

Refs did fine when one team shot 4 free throws and the other team shot over 19!!!

WTAF!!! Someone got some splanin to do Lucy!!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:44 pm
scott1297 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:09 pm The refs did just fine and Burg had 4 free throws all night they were 3 of 4 I think Minford had like 19 attempts Burg had way too many dumb fouls gotta clean that up

Refs did fine when one team shot 4 free throws and the other team shot over 19!!!

WTAF!!! Someone got some splanin to do Lucy!!
And 2 of Burg’s 4 came when Minford was fouling on purpose. Very lopsided numbers.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

transplant wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:12 pm I didn’t say I didn’t like them. Just didn’t call a very good game in my opinion. Sorry for having a voice. I’ll just report scores from now on. No wonder no one posts anymore. People get called out for every little thing they say. Geez. Sorry Callie, one of them must be a relative to you? Sorry I struck a nerve. I didn’t even care who won the game. I just thought they struggled. That’s all.
The refs seemed to miss calls going both ways, however, the discrepancy in free throws was enormous. That’s not good.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I’d like to see the final stats but I don’t believe Minford had that many attempts. I mean going into the 4th it had Kaiser going to the line and they were 5/9 after he went 1-1. Did they miss some calls of course it happens terrible call on the Kaiser offensive foul when he’s jumping up for the ball on the inside pass and burg didn’t allow him to land no way that’s offensive. Seen a push by Rucker on a Kaiser layup but I also seen some very handsy plays by both teams and they allowed them to play. All in all they weren’t great but they also weren’t lopsided to either team.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg has had several games where players have fouled out. They are pretty aggressive defensively but they can be with a deeper bench.

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

When you have to players, playing taller players, you are going to foul more.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:01 am Burg has had several games where players have fouled out. They are pretty aggressive defensively but they can be with a deeper bench.
No doubt Burg is aggressive defensively. Plus I saw some questionable calls against both teams and some non-calls that should have been made. But overall, the refs did a decent job.

That said, I don’t believe any Burg starter shot a free throw. Lattimore scored 37 points taking shots outside and going to the basket yet didn’t shoot any free throws. When has a player ever scored that many points without a single trip to the line?

From a statistics perspective, we saw an extremely rare event last night.

Return to “Boys Basketball”