Portsmouth Fan

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Re: Portsmouth Fan

Post by Hoopster98 »

If Coach Lisath thought it was disrespectful trust me, he wouldn't do it. He is a very respectable man and is all about sportsmanship. A lot of discipline there also. Trojans are surprising non-portsmouth fans and they are not liking. Basketball is better when The Trojans are rollin.

Jussmypinion
Waterboy

Post by Jussmypinion »

Hoopster98 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:44 am If Coach Lisath thought it was disrespectful trust me, he wouldn't do it. He is a very respectable man and is all about sportsmanship. A lot of discipline there also. Trojans are surprising non-portsmouth fans and they are not liking. Basketball is better when The Trojans are rollin.
You hit the nail on the head. He just won an OHSAA award for integrity, and sportsmanship. I'm sure he didn't throw all that to the side just because he is back at Portsmouth. It's okay his cupboard is pretty bleek for next season, but I know he'll still have a program that will still steal a few unexpected wins.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

What happened after the game may have been perceived as intentional by some, but I can rest assure that it was not by any means. Remember, these are teenagers who just won a very important game in the OVC against a very good South Point team. I would fully expect them to celebrate in some fashion, and to have a prayer circle at midcourt is something that Coach Lisath has been doing for a long time, and it is a serious after the game moment. There have been other teams that have joined in the prayer, and just last Saturday vs. Fairland I saw FHS fans clapping after the prayer in appreciation for Coach Lisath doing it.

There's a lot of respect by Portsmouth fans, players, and coaches for the South Point team and coaches. Remember that SP eliminated the Trojans in the tournament the last 2 seasons, so maybe that played into the celebratory mood after the buzzer sounded......and to also take into account the 34 point whipping that SP put on PHS earlier this season at PHS.

Jussmypinion and Hoopster98: Very good posts and your points are spot on.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Jussmypinion wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:49 am
Rza1 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:14 am
TrojanTru wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:47 am Lol. I ain't mad about nothing.. no dawg in that fight. Portsmouth is playing great.. lisath doin a great job.. I'm jus sayin the runnin to the alter..er I mean the other teams logo... is meant to disrespect.. and you tryin to say anything differently is comical.. but anyhoo.... another nice win tonight.
So why did they pray at the shootout locations? They didn’t play the hosting school? Why did and have previous teams coached by Lisath, for the past 10 years hold post game prayer AT CENTER COURT during OHSAA tournament games? You know the games that were played at neutral sites? I guess that was all meant to disrespect the host schools logo too right? 🙄
You’re delusional, and BIG MAD!
Lol. NEGATIVE.. keep defending and making EXCUSES for everything that PORTSMOUTH kids do..seems to be working put GREAT..lol. just because someone has a different view or opinion of what a certain situation was or IS doesn't mean they're attacking or trying to slight anyone... but I am saying that if a team whips the Trojans and immediately go to mid court or midfield and start jumping up and down and celebrating... someone is gonna be BIG MAD...lol like I said ports is playing well.. enjoy it.. enjoy it...
You sound extremely butthurt. I didn't see any disrespect on Portsmouth's part. What I seen was a TEAM sellout for each other for for 16 minutes after losing by 34 at home, and being down double digits at the half. I seen a bench (players) rush their 5 brothers on the floor at the buzzer and hug and congratulate them. I then seen the student section getting mouthy with STUDENT- athletes in the handshake line and Pointer parents began to verbally attack a Portsmouth player, and in turn began to degrade Lisath as he sent his team away from the area. I seen PHS celebrate that their conference champs hopes were still alive and they got a W to close out seeding play. Yes it was at center court, because uh, that's where they gather for prayer. :roll:
South Point then decided to continue to degrade Portsmouth during their center court post game prayer, which I'm told has been sort of a ritual for Lisath since early 2000's.
The problem many of you have is you want to keep Portsmouth under a microscope to find blame in anything they do, but when it's another school doing the exact thing or worse, they're just kids, or they're passionate about their kids. Which one is it? You all roasted Lisath when he responded to some comments here, which he's done since he was at Piketon in early 2000's and there was never any uproaror disgust about it, but because he's now coaching at Portsmouth, it's a problem. You and your teams coaches are on here under fake screen names, and spread bs constantly. You all were so pissed Lisath's boys started the season at 6-0, even wanted to use a pre season scrimmage in which they were still learning his offense and his expectations. as the measuring stick for their season. You all said they'd be lucky to win 8 games, and prior to the Burg game you were biting your nails, with comments such as Prater will be lucky to hang around til the 4th with Portsmouth, I don't think the sophomores have enough in them to compete with Berry and company, blah, blah, blah. Portsmouth played a bad game took the L and here come all you clowns, who's surprised by this outcome, they're overhyped because of a new coach, same song and dance, why would you expect anything less? Some of you even took shots at Trojan Dave. SMH. The Portsmouth hate is real, I hope they can go to Proctorville and give the same performance they gave Friday night and claim their share of the OVC as well as march themselves back to the Convo. They're getting after it, and they deserve all the success this season has brought them.
[/quote]

"Portsmouth kids"

Enough said , you showed your 👌

Return to “Boys Basketball”