Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #10

Whs95fan
S

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #10

Post by Whs95fan »

Would like to make the game @ Fairfield Union tomorrow but wouldn't make it in time unfortunately, hoping for a livestream. FU lost to a good Maysville team on Monday so we'll see where things stand.

Go Blue
SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Post by SouthEast Hoops Fan »

Whs95fan wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:24 pm Would like to make the game @ Fairfield Union tomorrow but wouldn't make it in time unfortunately, hoping for a livestream. FU lost to a good Maysville team on Monday so we'll see where things stand.
So is there a live stream for this game?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Logan Elm 47, Teays Valley 46

Teays had to win 3 of their last 5 MSL games ever to outright win the league on their way out, they won 2.

Johnstown
Riding the Bench

Post by Johnstown »

Athens bulldogs in the tough TVC. Although their record the past three seasons is 19 wins and 48 losses Look for great improvement as Mickey Cozart is returning.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

The FU vs Warren game has been canceled. The FU family has had 2 major tragedies recently involving a student and a community member and felt it appropriate to cancel all after school activities the rest of the week.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Smeltzy wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:19 pm The FU vs Warren game has been canceled. The FU family has had 2 major tragedies recently involving a student and a community member and felt it appropriate to cancel all after school activities the rest of the week.
Prayers for FU school community and all involved ... I looked up the start time for the freshmen game, wanted to see all three games ... I was sitting in the FU parking lot at 4:20 wondering where everyone was - no buses, cars etc. saw an announcement on the Warren website that the game was cancelled tonight ... the admins made the right call concerning after school activities ...

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Thanks Pfloyd........it's been a rough week for sure. Was looking forward to speaking with you though....lol!! Maybe I'll run into you on the tourney trail.

val13
Freshman Team

Post by val13 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:08 pm Thought I'd be able to see games on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday this week! ... the buck stopped with the Portsmouth @ Minford game being cancelled tonight - made it to the Jackson McD's - stopped for a quick burger, read the game cancellation on FaceBook ... retraced my tracks back to Logan ... Thursday night Warren @ Fairfield Union, then Warren @ Logan Friday night ... heading for Gallia Academy vs McClain Saturday afternoon at 2pm ... who plays Saturday night to close out their regular season? ...
Minford @ South Point. Could be a fun one.

WonderNova
Freshman Team

Post by WonderNova »

Fairland is hitting the road to come to Eastern Brown tomorrow night. It should be a good one! Coach Beucler, in my opinion, has done one of his best coaching jobs ever(and that is saying something). The Warriors had a terrible year last year after graduating the talent and heart of he team. There were 2 freshman playing up, and a senior class that had many issues. At the beginning of the year the expectations were very limited, but they have unimaginable success. This team of selfless players will not dazzle on scoring, but they have bought in to the defensive philosophy that Coach Beucler preaches. With a very talented freshman-dominated jv team, and only losing 2 seniors, the future is bright. This team is playing a stellar level of defense right now. Fairland is a tough, tested, and talented team. I am looking forward to this one!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Coach Beucler is in the top of the coaching food chain in SEO ... have sat beside/behind the bench when Coach Beucler was teaching/coaching over the years - one of the best to roam courtside for sure ... when you start counting off the best of the best they ALL start on the defensive end of floor - the expectations (not hope) is that every player who steps on the floor plays D - might not be a double digit scorer BUT YOU WILL PLAY D ... Coach Beucler knows that Defense travels - home court, visitor's court, neutral court, Convo or at the State ... in the one and done season Defense has to be a "calling card" ... EB will be a force next year and beyond that's for sure ... I've been asked by a number of organizers for the "in season" classics I've attended - What teams are solid/young teams that we want for NEXT season at our classic - Eastern Brown is right there in my top 8 that I have written down ... Fairland will be a great test! a barometer game for sure ... both teams play/emphasize Defense ... Fairland has a pair of outstanding perimeter players in Brody Buchanan and Chase Allen ... I'm a big fan of Will Davis ... offense is coming from Noah Marcum, Keegan Smith as well for FHS ... LOTS to like about Eastern Brown! - Kade Walkup,Landon Koehler, Dylan Pierson/Pryce Murphy all juniors ... Braxton Vance/Grady Barber the sophomore contingent ... Is Drew Edmiston a junior too? They will miss Luke Haney's toughness in the paint next year BUT he's there right now! LOL Wyatt Haupt/Carson McCord as the seniors... Coach B plays a bunch! ... it should be a great matchup WonderNova!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Did Fairland vs Eastern Brown happen tonight? And did North Adams vs South Webster happen?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Hoopie74 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:22 pm Did Fairland vs Eastern Brown happen tonight? And did North Adams vs South Webster happen?
Fairland at Eastern is Saturday

South Webster at North Adams is Monday

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:03 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:22 pm Did Fairland vs Eastern Brown happen tonight? And did North Adams vs South Webster happen?
Fairland at Eastern is Saturday

South Webster at North Adams is Monday
Thanks!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

val13 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:53 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:08 pm Thought I'd be able to see games on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday this week! ... the buck stopped with the Portsmouth @ Minford game being cancelled tonight - made it to the Jackson McD's - stopped for a quick burger, read the game cancellation on FaceBook ... retraced my tracks back to Logan ... Thursday night Warren @ Fairfield Union, then Warren @ Logan Friday night ... heading for Gallia Academy vs McClain Saturday afternoon at 2pm ... who plays Saturday night to close out their regular season? ...
Minford @ South Point. Could be a fun one.
It will be! South Point has struggled down the stretch - will be a good one to see if the fire is there for the post season at SP ... I thought when Haney hit his stride in the first game vs Fairland (even though the Dragons won, Haney knocked down 15 4th quarter points) the Pointers would be Extremely dangerous ... will be looking for the results of this one for sure! ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I'm going to try to get to Gallipolis for the 2pm game between Gallia Academy and McClain to open the post season for me I think (If Mother Nature cooperates! - it's still snowing here in the Hocking Hills) ... Gallia Academy is a team that got caught up in the wash of the OVC ... Coach Harrison's team isn't necessarily built for the speed of the OVC ... I want to see them vs anyone outside of the OVC gauntlet of teams (Ironton/Fairland/Portsmouth/South Point/Chesapeake) - Coach Harrison & Co. have to be at least breathing a little easier to not see one of those teams on the opposite end of the court ...

WonderNova
Freshman Team

Post by WonderNova »

Eastern Brown 25-Fairland 23 at half. The Warriors held Fairland to 8 points at the end of first quarter. The Dragons heated up before half cutting an 11 point lead to 2. This has been a good one!

syyoung
Waterboy

Post by syyoung »

The Minford South Point game was everything it was hyped up to be. Minford came into the game down a starter who played last night against Waverly and took a hard hit, so unsure on Rhodes status moving forward. For a team that usually is only 6-7 deep, this would be significant as Shoemaker would get in foul trouble in the first, and South Point took advantage forcing a lot of turnovers. Minford forced some heavily contested shots and had a hard time moving the ball and getting good looks early on. South Point built an 11 point lead in the 1st and extended that lead to as many as 14 in the second. Having Shoemaker back on the floor in the second was critical to Minford, because they were subbing through guys that don't typically get much game time and South Point really seemed to pressure these guys and force mistakes. Montgomery hit some big shots in the second and started to get some momentum going for Minford as they cut the South Point lead to 8 after two. Both teams came out hot in the third quarter, but Minford remained hot through the entire quarter cutting the deficit to one after three and missing opportunities to tie. It felt like South Point had really lost the momentum after letting Minford get back in the game and get this close. Starting the 4th quarter, they re-established the lead building it back up to 4 and holding onto the lead half way through the quarter. Pica for Minford fouled between 3-4 minutes left in the game and that meant Minford was going to have to get deep into their bench again. It didn't look like they would be able to overcome the adversity. Defense continued to remain solid in the second half. One of the biggest reasons they got back in the game was by forcing so many South Point turnovers. Game was finally tied with around 3 to play, and Minford was able to get their first lead of the game with about 1:48 seconds left in the game. South Point had some good looks but wasn't able to get any closer. Minford had the ball and the lead with 28 seconds left and for some reason called a timeout when Montgomery would've likely drawn a foul. By calling the timeout, South Point was able to foul one of Minford's inexperienced players without inbounding the ball, and he missed both free throws. South Point again had the ball back with a chance to tie, but missed on the opportunity, and when Minford retained possession, South Point either got a tech or something. I missed the call. But Minford had 2 shots and the ball and won it from there as Montgomery knocked down both at the line. Montgomery had a great game and really knocked down big shots when it mattered, and he had quite a few steals and transition baskets in the game. Lovely is an outstanding player, but he dealt with foul trouble also. South Point is an amazing team and took advantage of Minford's major weaknesses early, but Shoemaker did an outstanding job of getting his team to adjust, and Minford really buckled down and started chipping away and overcame some major adversity to win this game. Hats off to both teams for the phenomenal game played to close out the year. 47-43 final in Minford's favor.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Not sure I like VC over Fed

Lancers been beating up on big brothers in the Ohio for 2 or 3 straight years now.

WonderNova
Freshman Team

Post by WonderNova »

Fairland over Eastern Brown 64-61. It was an epic battle. Allen caught fire and ended up with 24 I think. Fairland had a 6 or 7 point lead with about 55 seconds to go. The final 55 seconds was an intense battle. A Fairland 3 with in final 10 seconds was the difference.

Return to “Boys Basketball”