Same ol song & dance in South Webster

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: Same ol song & dance in South Webster

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Webster played their best ball this year when I could hear norm from across the gym over the crowd. Gonna get my man some eugenix and get that 900th career dub in a few years.

Aaaannnd here come the non Webster people who haven’t watched 20 games this season with their irrelevant opinions.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
123xxx
Freshman Team

Post by 123xxx »

I’ve watched plenty. Be happy to discuss basketball and player personnel with you. I enjoy your banter Swanky. It’s comical to me. It does not bother me in the least. But I disagree with you and all of the other critics. I’m pretty sure I’m allowed. But if I need your approval, please provide it. I have a lot of respect for SW. They are missing a dynamic point guard that commands the game, both in style and leadership. I love all of the other pieces and I believe Bernard may be that PG in the future. A dynamic PG is crucial to making a very long run in the Tournament. Think about your state championship team, and the other state teams in the area. They ALL had that! Last one was Waverly…and who did they have??? You guessed it, Robertson. If you haven’t noticed this about your team, than maybe you should watch less games.

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Post by Eugene2009 »

123xxx wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:30 pm I’ve watched plenty. Be happy to discuss basketball and player personnel with you. I enjoy your banter Swanky. It’s comical to me. It does not bother me in the least. But I disagree with you and all of the other critics. I’m pretty sure I’m allowed. But if I need your approval, please provide it. I have a lot of respect for SW. They are missing a dynamic point guard that commands the game, both in style and leadership. I love all of the other pieces and I believe Bernard may be that PG in the future. A dynamic PG is crucial to making a very long run in the Tournament. Think about your state championship team, and the other state teams in the area. They ALL had that! Last one was Waverly…and who did they have??? You guessed it, Robertson. If you haven’t noticed this about your team, than maybe you should watch less games.
Barnard is a good solid player….but never has he or will he be a pg….ever….period. He has many strengths but ball handling & passing are not at the top. He’s a slasher, hard nosed defender, great rebounder, solid shooter & is capable of scoring….but he will never run the offense.

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Post by Eugene2009 »

The ND loss was ugly, obviously. But hopefully it’s a wake up call for the team. It could be a good thing. But if we are going to make a deep Tourny run then Roberts can’t take a game off or possession for that matter. Hopefully the Jeeps got the memo that teams aren’t going to lay down for them.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

After attending the game and taking some time to reflect on what happened Tuesday night, here is my take. ND flat out wanted it more and I think Mader outcoached Norm/Fenton. SW went away with what was working and that was getting the ball inside. ND was 3/4 the post all night with no backside help and SW scored at will when they got the ball inside. Yes, ND did get some steals from doubling down or Roberts going up SOFT but other than that SW got easy from post feeds. I did not see any sets ran for Roberts. Everything was really vanilla offensively for SW. Were they saving their sets for tournament time, maybe? I thought SW would pressure the ball FC more to wear down ND's guards. SW needs more scoring besides Roberts and Sommers, you can't depend on Roberts to get 30 a night. ND did shoot lights out from the 3 but they also had some great curl cuts along with back door cuts that led to lay ups. Not a lot of intensity on defense from SW. Roberts as the potential to be a GREAT player but needs to quit letting little things effect his play. People expect him to be good, but just go play your game. ND was very balanced 1-5 on scoring and if they can continue this balance scoring then I can see ND making a run. Anything can happen at THE CONVO!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Maybe it was a trap game for the tournament 🤔 maybe Fentons got some trickery up his sleeve for em. Sandbaggers.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:19 pm Webster played their best ball this year when I could hear norm from across the gym over the crowd. Gonna get my man some eugenix and get that 900th career dub in a few years.

Aaaannnd here come the non Webster people who haven’t watched 20 games this season with their irrelevant opinions.

Just like the non relevant jag off that spurts on every other thread of other teams that hasn't seen 3 or 0 games?
😂🤣

Tool !

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Pat wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:06 am
#Girlsrule wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:11 am Completely agree, BasketballGuy. No accountability for poor effort and behavior. There are players who get yanked out of the game for making a mistake while another can give no effort and play the whole game. Makes no sense. Certain player’s strengths aren’t being utilized. It’s crazy to watch a team with that much talent play that poorly.
That’s what you get when you hire the “old school disciplinarian” coach. Those guys rules don’t apply to the stars of the team. Can’t risk losing them. Don’t say I didn’t warn those who raved that “Stormin Norman” will get that player under control. Not gonna happen.

What else would you expect out of the jeps

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Pinwheel wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:32 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:19 pm Webster played their best ball this year when I could hear norm from across the gym over the crowd. Gonna get my man some eugenix and get that 900th career dub in a few years.

Just like the non relevant jag off that spurts on every other thread of other teams that hasn't seen 3 or 0 games?
😂🤣

Tool !
I meant the people who haven’t watched south Webstern play 20 times.

I’m not trying to be relevant. That’s all you peoples fault I’m a household name in SEO.

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

Seems to me that the stage is set for an early exit for southwebstern and a cinderella season for St Jude!

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

Frequent Flyer wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:17 pm Seems to me that the stage is set for an early exit for southwebstern and a cinderella season for St Jude!
I knew there would be at least one fly over to chirp back... Hope you guys can get past East first... But I like your optimism...
Attachments
Norm Stomped Out St. Jude.png

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Does St Jude have guys walking around in the long black dress and the cowboy hat too?

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

One lame azz meme dont carry no weight. Flyers gonna roll southwebstern.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Dunks for Roberts vs St Jude

Get your dollars out

The3LeggedMan
Waterboy

Post by The3LeggedMan »

Congratulations to the Wheelersburg Pirates on the inaugural SOC III championship from your friends at South Webster. Your continued excellence in all things serves as inspiration to all of your neighbors in Bloom Vernon.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

The3LeggedMan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:26 pm Congratulations to the Wheelersburg Pirates on the inaugural SOC III championship from your friends at South Webster. Your continued excellence in all things serves as inspiration to all of your neighbors in Bloom Vernon.
Well we try. 😂

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

The3LeggedMan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:26 pm Congratulations to the Wheelersburg Pirates on the inaugural SOC III championship from your friends at South Webster. Your continued excellence in all things serves as inspiration to all of your neighbors in Bloom Vernon.
Imposter

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Jeeps played a lot better tonight. Really picked it up second half.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:46 pm
Imposter
You meant "impostor" right?

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

packers80 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:50 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:46 pm
Imposter
You meant "impostor" right?
He ain’t got time for that fancy British English! :)

Return to “Boys Basketball”