Portsmouth at minford canceled for tonight

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Portsmouth at minford canceled for tonight

Post by biggdowgg »

Due to mass illness at Portsmouth highschool no varsity or JV games tonight.

Doubtful this will even be played now ,non league,post season Monday I believe

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: Portsmouth at minford canceled for tonight

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Uh huh. Sure

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Twist it how ever you want, my grandson is one of the many sick kids .

Besides what's the advantage of not playing, seeding is already out

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Well THAT was a fun ride down Rte 93 to the Jackson's McDonalds ... pulled in for a quick burger before heading down Rt 139 to Minford BUUUT saw the posts on Facebook that the Portsmouth game @ Minford was cancelled uggggghh ... the burger was good but wanted to see PHS @ Minford ... last season, I drove all the way to Portsmouth to see this matchup only to have an "active shooter threat" cancel the game after only 2 quarters ...

... lots of illness going around the schools right now ... hope all are healthy for the start of the post season ...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Probably was your last shot at seeing minford and Portsmouth play from what I've been told .

Stay tuned 😉

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Not the first game to be canceled the day of for illness this year

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:29 pm Not the first game to be canceled the day of for illness this year

Lot of sickness in a lot of school, Portsmouth also cancelled school tomorrow and will be out until Tuesday due to already being out Friday and Monday

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Swank was sick for close to 40 days straight with one ailment or another from about the first of the year until just a few days ago. I think the Flu (B) healed me of everything honestly.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:29 pm Not the first game to be canceled the day of for illness this year
Isn't that what the JV team is for?
Play some younger kids to get some experience.
Don't schedule the game if you are afraid to lose.

Today's society is so soft.

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Post by SouthEast Hoops Fan »

petesweaty wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:04 pm

Really?

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

petesweaty wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:04 pm

So only kids that play varsity can be sick? No kids on the JV are allowed to be sick, they must step in and play the other teams varsity? Moron

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:55 pm Uh huh. Sure
You need to worry about your SW Jeeps. They got out coached and out played Tuesday. SOC I champs took down SOC III champs :lol:

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

We do live in a Soft Society, but in this case Portsmouth has shut down everything for the next 5 days. So it's probably pretty legit!
I will say this Flu and sickness continues to worsen... Why? Because we live in a society that doesn't take care of themselves and only rely on Dr. Scripts to get them better once they are sick. People need to learn to build up their immune system before anything attacks it. Yes, I understand that people get sick and will continue to get sick, but I know, for me, if I don't get plenty of rest, eat adequately healthy, and forget to take my Vitamins (including Vit C) then I will likely come down with something.

Jussmypinion
Waterboy

Post by Jussmypinion »

baseball16 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:08 am We do live in a Soft Society, but in this case Portsmouth has shut down everything for the next 5 days. So it's probably pretty legit!
I will say this Flu and sickness continues to worsen... Why? Because we live in a society that doesn't take care of themselves and only rely on Dr. Scripts to get them better once they are sick. People need to learn to build up their immune system before anything attacks it. Yes, I understand that people get sick and will continue to get sick, but I know, for me, if I don't get plenty of rest, eat adequately healthy, and forget to take my Vitamins (including Vit C) then I will likely come down with something.
Just another example of when Portsmouth Schools do something, it's the worst thing ever, but when it's someone else, it's perfectly fine and/or swept under the rug as if it didn't occur. As you said, Portsmouth cancelled school until Tuesday for the amount of student and staff sickness,but I'm sure that was done because the were scared to play a basketball game. 🙄🤣 Get real.
For all you, don't schedule the game if you're scared to play people, here's an FYI, Coach Lisath was en route to the school and about 6 players and two assistant coaches were already at the school preparing for role call prior to load the bus, when one of the assistants got the news and called Lisath. Just know, the cancelation came from someone above coach.
Last edited by Jussmypinion on Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Definitely don’t want to get the future district champions (Minford) sick before tournament

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

See Mr. Middle age sweatpants,Wal mart shopping no friends lonely piece of poop still can't contain himself from coming on Portsmouth threads 😂😂.

It's ok we will claim you as our biggest fan seeing how your own school won't 😂😂😂😂😂

Please keep gracing us with your presence,it is heart warming

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Pinwheel wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:30 pm See Mr. Middle age sweatpants,Wal mart shopping no friends lonely piece of poop still can't contain himself from coming on Portsmouth threads 😂😂.

It's ok we will claim you as our biggest fan seeing how your own school won't 😂😂😂😂😂

Will you be my friend? Me you and the homie buckeyeblood can go to top golf sometime or something. 😎

I don’t even own a pair of sweats

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:51 pm
Pinwheel wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:30 pm See Mr. Middle age sweatpants,Wal mart shopping no friends lonely piece of poop still can't contain himself from coming on Portsmouth threads 😂😂.

Will you be my friend? Me you and the homie buckeyeblood can go to top golf sometime or something. 😎

I do love me some top flight

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:51 pm

I’ll loan you a pair of my sweats, just make sure you wear underwear. Don’t need any of your small man complex getting on my grey sweats.

Return to “Boys Basketball”