Sectional Final Vinton Co vs Jackson

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Sectional Final Vinton Co vs Jackson

Post by greygoose »

Man it’s really quiet in here all of a sudden, the way some of you talked it up I wasn’t even for sure if Jackson should show up. Guess VC decided not to.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Jackson took it right at VC offensively … attacked the glass at both ends of the floor, handled the VC pressure all night … great game plan and well executed by the not so young sophs anymore … Boston Campbell LED THE CHARGE … he was shutdown completely in the game at VC - tonight he led by example , scored the ball … Seimetz, Jenkins , Wolford ,Woodard, Carroll ALL got it done … holding VC to 28 pts for the game - outstanding … great job by Coach Morrow and his staff getting the Ironmen ready for this one … see you in Logan Friday evening !

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

When I read that Jackson made zero adjustments in last week’s game, I knew this one would be completely different.

But, I thought the difference would be that it would be a much closer game, not that Jackson would totally flip it. Congratulations to the Ironmen on the emphatic victory.

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:54 pm
Old Shorts wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:12 pm Vinton will win this one easily. If not he it will be an upset.
Sure about that?
Yes. Positive. As I said, it was an upset. VC still 3peat TVC Champs. All that matters. :mrgreen:

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
JacksonMayor
Waterboy

Post by JacksonMayor »

I would like to formally apply to join the TVC! Where do we start?

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

JacksonMayor wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:49 am I would like to formally apply to join the TVC! Where do we start?
And that will be met with a resounding “not no, HE11 NO” again from VC. Just sayin.

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

Looks like that mighty TVC schedule prepared VC for the rigors of tourney play again.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

This was what I was talking about-- we came out with no passion or heart-I believe the coach made no adjustments-- we had 11 pts at halftime!!!!! UNREAL--I give Jackson All the credit ---they were the better team-- they played with force--while we stood around and looked at each other--we looked to pass instead of score and we were outcoached the whole game---This is exactly why we need more/better teams in the TVC!!!!! Good year bad finish........

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats to Coach Morrow and the Ironmen. Very well prepared for this game from start to finish.

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

vcgrad wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:18 am --This is exactly why we need more/better teams in the TVC!!!!! Good year bad finish........
You had your chance more than once over the last few years but your old coach didnt want to have to compete with the schools asking or looking to join. VC was always a NO vote or let it know NO before any official vote was taken. But hey congrats on another TVC title - it appears that is and always was your goals.

Scotty Hobart
Riding the Bench

Post by Scotty Hobart »

justpassinthru wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:20 am
vcgrad wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:18 am --This is exactly why we need more/better teams in the TVC!!!!! Good year bad finish........
You had your chance more than once over the last few years but your old coach didnt want to have to compete with the schools asking or looking to join. VC was always a NO vote or let it know NO before any official vote was taken. But hey congrats on another TVC title - it appears that is and always was your goals.
WOW! Just WOW! But this is what happens when you’re afraid of competition and celebrate for beating subpar teams. Great job by Jackson though.

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Scotty Hobart wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:27 am
WOW! Just WOW! But this is what happens when you’re afraid of competition and celebrate for beating subpar teams. Great job by Jackson though.
So 17-6 and TVC champions is now a bad season. Ok 🙄

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Larry Fine wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:01 pm

VC regular season opponents: Jackson, Washington CH, Meigs, South Webster, Federal Hocking, Marietta. And some other respectable opponents.

bc181700
Freshman Team

Post by bc181700 »

Hookshot wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:22 pm

VC regular season opponents: Jackson, Washington CH, Meigs, South Webster, Federal Hocking, Marietta. And some other respectable opponents.

I'm not privy to any of the "VC/TVC/keeping other teams out" conversation, but how ANYONE could discount that VC team and their accomplishments this year... is beyond me. That was a VERY good team, and they played some very good teams. Unfortunately for those kids, they could not find the bottom of the net last night, and give some credit to a Jackson squad that played as hard as I've witnessed a Jackson team play in a significant number of years.

Those VC kids had one heck of a great run, and that's not coming from a VC fan. I think on a given night, they could play with anyone in the district.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bc181700 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:42 pm
Hookshot wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:22 pm

I'm not privy to any of the "VC/TVC/keeping other teams out" conversation, but how ANYONE could discount that VC team and their accomplishments this year... is beyond me. That was a VERY good team, and they played some very good teams. Unfortunately for those kids, they could not find the bottom of the net last night, and give some credit to a Jackson squad that played as hard as I've witnessed a Jackson team play in a significant number of years.

Those VC kids had one heck of a great run, and that's not coming from a VC fan. I think on a given night, they could play with anyone in the district.
Agreed. I watched them a few times this year and they were a good team. With only 4 teams even making it to the Convo, there were going to be some good teams not making it. VC, Meigs, Washington are among those that had a great seasons in D2 that fall in that category.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Old Shorts wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:26 am
Old Shorts wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:12 pm Vinton will win this one easily. If not he it will be an upset.
Sure about that?
Yes. Positive. As I said, it was an upset. VC still 3peat TVC Champs. All that matters. :mrgreen:
Yeah you’re completely wrong, a team getting beat by 20 didn’t get upset. They got beat down by a better team that was more worried about the tournament than a regular season meaningless game. 3 peat in the TVC and ousted by 20 in round 1 tells me all I need to know about VC and TVC.

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

greygoose wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:11 pm
Old Shorts wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:26 am

Sure about that?
Yeah you’re completely wrong, a team getting beat by 20 didn’t get upset. They got beat down by a better team that was more worried about the tournament than a regular season meaningless game. 3 peat in the TVC and ousted by 20 in round 1 tells me all I need to know about VC and TVC.
You’re basing all that off one loss?

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

You need to watch them play- its not just this loss- but how it happened---we had no fight in us- watch the body language during the game. We made no adjustments. Combs is now gone- so lets look at adding a few GOOD teams to the TVC--(if they will have us) like a Jackson, Warren and Logan and Gallipolis.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Congrats to Coach Morrow and his team- they wanted it more than we did.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Another "good year" bad finish---its going to effect our program for years......

Return to “Boys Basketball”