Sectional Final Vinton Co vs Jackson

Ed Ott
Varsity

Sectional Final Vinton Co vs Jackson

Post by Ed Ott »

Hopefully I can get home from work in time to make this one.
What are everyone’s thoughts on this rematch?

I’ve watched Jackson 4 times and Vinton County 3 times. I don’t know what the deal was most of the game at Greenfield but I see this game being close to the same. Jackson will be a couple shots better and Vinton County a couple shots worse but I don’t think Jackson can control Brown and Sharp. I’ll guess Vinton County 70 to 59

Vik
JV Team

Re: Sectional Final Vinton Co vs Jackson

Post by Vik »

Jackson just not deep enough or good enough from the perimeter to score with Vinton County for 4 quarters. This feels like Vikings year to make a big run.

Jackson still charge 2$ to park?

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

Vinton will win this one easily. If not he it will be an upset.

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
bc181700
Freshman Team

Post by bc181700 »

Vik wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:30 pm Jackson just not deep enough or good enough from the perimeter to score with Vinton County for 4 quarters. This feels like Vikings year to make a big run.

I think it's up to $3 this year... inflation. :shock:

Agreed on the depth, but don't discount Jackson's ability to hit from the perimeter. If the team is selfless, and they hit the open players, they have the ability to do damage out there.

I think the X-factor is VC's age/experience. Too many senior players to NOT will themselves through this game.

For Jackson to win, the players will have to do it. Coaching staff won't win this one.

If the score gets to 60, VC wins... has to stay below 55 for Jackson to pull it off.

All that said, Go Ironmen.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Vinton County leads the all time series 26-25. Jackson holds a 2-1 edge in tournament games.

Jackson needs a big game from Jenkins and Campbell needs to step up. He wasn’t much of a factor in McArthur. Jackson didn’t have much success from the outside either. I fully expect jackson to be ready to return the favor to VC. They’ve scouted multiple games and I’m sure they will shoot better inside their home gym. The atmosphere in McArthur was tournament like and that should be the only thing from game one that will be the same in game two. I do feel like Jackson needs to slow the pace and “junk” up the game. Vc is undefeated when they hit the 62 point mark this season. Jackson will be ready and better prepared this go around. I expect a great game Tuesday night.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Dundas wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:03 pm Vinton County leads the all time series 26-25. Jackson holds a 2-1 edge in tournament games.

Jackson needs a big game from Jenkins and Campbell needs to step up. He wasn’t much of a factor in McArthur. Jackson didn’t have much success from the outside either. I fully expect jackson to be ready to return the favor to VC. They’ve scouted multiple games and I’m sure they will shoot better inside their home gym. The atmosphere in McArthur was tournament like and that should be the only thing from game one that will be the same in game two. I do feel like Jackson needs to slow the pace and “junk” up the game. Vc is undefeated when they hit the 62 point mark this season. Jackson will be ready and better prepared this go around. I expect a great game Tuesday night.
... are you broadcasting this one Dundas with BMG?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:06 pm
Dundas wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:03 pm Vinton County leads the all time series 26-25. Jackson holds a 2-1 edge in tournament games.

Unfortunately we are not. I do believe jackson city schools has a YouTube channel that shows games with a radio broadcast overlap.

BMG will be covering sectional final and district games this year though.

Space Between
Waterboy

Post by Space Between »

bc181700 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:21 pm
Vik wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:30 pm Jackson just not deep enough or good enough from the perimeter to score with Vinton County for 4 quarters. This feels like Vikings year to make a big run.

Agreed on the depth, but don't discount Jackson's ability to hit from the perimeter. If the team is selfless, and they hit the open players, they have the ability to do damage out there.

I think the X-factor is VC's age/experience. Too many senior players to NOT will themselves through this game.

For Jackson to win, the players will have to do it. Coaching staff won't win this one.

If the score gets to 60, VC wins... has to stay below 55 for Jackson to pull it off.

Agreed. It’s up to the Jackson boys to get the job done. Once the ball is tipped, it’s up to them. Jackson will be better prepared. Really looking forward to this game. One of the best first round games on the slate. VC is tough. The best 10 seeded team I’ve seen in awhile lol

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Space Between wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:24 pm
bc181700 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:21 pm

Agreed. It’s up to the Jackson boys to get the job done. Once the ball is tipped, it’s up to them. Jackson will be better prepared. Really looking forward to this game. One of the best first round games on the slate. VC is tough. The best 10 seeded team I’ve seen in awhile lol
Both teams can be really tough. Different styles of play but both capable of the win. There at least 10 teams who can win against any other other of the top 10 teams.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

This is the Sectional Semi-Final.
The winner will play the winner of Warren/Waverly in the Sectional Final at Logan.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

smurray wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:29 pm This is the Sectional Semi-Final.
The winner will play the winner of Warren/Waverly in the Sectional Final at Logan.
Indeed it is. Good catch.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Looks like we will get our match with Warren---Jackson just does not know it yet. :lol: :lol: :lol:

bc181700
Freshman Team

Post by bc181700 »

Dundas wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:19 pm

Unfortunately we are not. I do believe jackson city schools has a YouTube channel that shows games with a radio broadcast overlap.

JHS Media YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Aj1BR9-3fw

This should be it... they just posted the exact link, I put the link just to the YouTube Channel on another thread, I'll go fix that one.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

bc181700 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:46 am
Dundas wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:19 pm

JHS Media YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Aj1BR9-3fw

This should be it... they just posted the exact link, I put the link just to the YouTube Channel on another thread, I'll go fix that one.
Awesome! Thanks!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Jackson-11
Vinton County-4

End 1

VC 1-8 from the floor in the first quarter.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Jackson-20
Vinton County-11

Halftime

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Jackson-29
Vinton County-19

End 3

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’ve sat in that gym since Coach Morrow was an Ironmen player…that’s maybe as proud as I’ve been of the Jackson Ironmen in any one basketball game. A WOW performance from the players and the coaches in preparation and execution on defense. Took great care of the ball. Wolford snd Seimetz perimeter defense. Woodard just keeps so much alive in being so active. Jenkins does it all. Campbell wasn’t going to let us lose. Great minutes off the bench until the final possession.

That was GREAT!

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Had to take this one in, Jackson more athletic, much better prepared , and more disciplined. First time seeing Vinton , looked very confused.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Old Shorts wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:12 pm Vinton will win this one easily. If not he it will be an upset.
Sure about that?

Return to “Boys Basketball”