Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Wk #11 Final Rankings 2023-24

Hookshot
Varsity

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Wk #11 Final Rankings 2023-24

Post by Hookshot »

Whs95fan wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:56 pm Marietta will be good again next year despite losing those three seniors if they can keep Gardner around. Had heard a few weeks ago that he could be inline for the head-assistant coach job at Findlay if the current one is let go.
Who expected Marietta to win 20 games this year after losing 6 of their top 10 players from last year's team. Next year, maybe around .500 or slightly better than that. They lose arguably the best player in the Southeast and two other starters who matter.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

VCTailgater wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:45 pm I appreciate the post you put out along with the rankings Pfloyd. It is fun to see how teams do throughout the year and hear about some of the exciting players South of the Lancaster-Dixon line.
Thank you!
… thank you sir … we always lose many excellent players every year to graduation BUT as we all know there seems to be outstanding players in the wings - entire classes of outstanding players this years sophomore class all around SEO is excellent … gotta love hoops in SEO!

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Some great sectional final matchups this weekend but I hate that Warren-Jackson tipoff at 6:15, going to be a little crunched for time but nonetheless should be a great matchup. On a side note how is this thread still not stickied, last week's thread is still at the top?

Go Blue
peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Pfloyd have always enjoy your rankings, sometimes I have questioned them but still enjoy. Haven't met up with you so far this year but maybe see you in Athens as long as The Peake continues to win.
Coach Ater has done a fantastic job with this group and I would like to see them continue.

bc181700
Freshman Team

Post by bc181700 »

Whs95fan wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:16 am Some great sectional final matchups this weekend but I hate that Warren-Jackson tipoff at 6:15, going to be a little crunched for time but nonetheless should be a great matchup. On a side note how is this thread still not stickied, last week's thread is still at the top?
I think this could be a great game if Jackson brings the same level of effort that they showed against VC last night.
Hoping for a great sectional final energy and injury free for all the kids!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

peake71 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:00 pm Pfloyd have always enjoy your rankings, sometimes I have questioned them but still enjoy. Haven't met up with you so far this year but maybe see you in Athens as long as The Peake continues to win.
Coach Ater has done a fantastic job with this group and I would like to see them continue.
... IF posters DIDN'T question my rankings the rankings wouldn't have served their purpose peake71!!! besides WE come from a generation where we questioned everything/drew our own opinion BUT were willing to agree to disagree ... I totally agree, Coach Ater did/is doing an outstanding job with the group of players he has developed into a very good basketball TEAM ... I thought once you guys got through the OVC, started the down to Road to the Convo you could stay clear of the league gauntlet you spent 2 months navigating through! BUT nooooooooo win one and you get to play Ironton for a 3rd time!!! never easy playing a team that many times - comes down to execution, as both teams know each other like the back of their hands ... the team that executes what they want to do even though the opposition knows exactly what the other team is going to do will win this one ... gotta have the "you know what we are going to do, now stop us from doing it if you can" attitude ... looking forward to seeing the Peake at the Convo (notice the positive vibes LOL) ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... laying out the Pfloyd Post season tour for this weekend ... not a surprise as pfloyd will be in Logan Friday night for the D2 Sectional finals matchup between Warren & Jackson @ 6:15pm followed by the D4 Sectional sectional 'ship between Trimble & Miller @ 8pm ... Saturday night the pfloyd tour continues with the D2 big boys Marietta Tigers vs last years regional finalist from the SE district the Fairfield Union Falcons @ the Warrior Coliseum at Warren High School 6:15pm tip off followed by the D4 sectional final between Waterford and Southern at 8:00pm ... I'll have rundowns of all of those games on Saturday for the Warren/Jackson & Trimble/Miller games ... Marietta/Fairfiled Union and Waterford/Southern Sunday morning'ish ...

...THEN we head for the Convo and Basketball :30 next week ! (2/29) Thursday & (3/1) Friday ... 2 games each night ... D4's go at it to tip off the 2+ Weeks of the Convo !!!

Sunday (3/3) will be ALL DAY D3 District play with 4 games beginning at 3pm, 4:45pm, 6:30pm and 8:15 pm
Monday(3/4) 2 games D2 District Semi's 6:15pm and 8:00pm
Friday (3/8) D4 District Finals 2 games 6:15pm and 8:00pm
Saturday (3/9) D2 District Finals (1 game) 2pm... D3's at 4pm and 6pm

Regionals D2 ...14th Thursday/16th Saturday (pfloyd has a commitment on the 14th!!! ugggggghhhhh)
Regionals D3 ... 13th Wednesday/16th Saturday
Regionals D4 ... 12th Tuesday/ 15th Friday

... if any of these are wrong please correct me!!!

LetsRide
Waterboy

Post by LetsRide »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:45 pm ... laying out the Pfloyd Post season tour for this weekend ... not a surprise as pfloyd will be in Logan Friday night for the D2 Sectional finals matchup between Warren & Jackson @ 6:15pm followed by the D4 Sectional sectional 'ship between Trimble & Miller @ 8pm ... Saturday night the pfloyd tour continues with the D2 big boys Marietta Tigers vs last years regional finalist from the SE district the Fairfield Union Falcons @ the Warrior Coliseum at Warren High School 6:15pm tip off followed by the D4 sectional final between Waterford and Southern at 8:00pm ... I'll have rundowns of all of those games on Saturday for the Warren/Jackson & Trimble/Miller games ... Marietta/Fairfiled Union and Waterford/Southern Sunday morning'ish ...

...THEN we head for the Convo and Basketball :30 next week ! (2/29) Thursday & (3/1) Friday ... 2 games each night ... D4's go at it to tip off the 2+ Weeks of the Convo !!!

Sunday (3/3) will be ALL DAY D3 District play with 4 games beginning at 3pm, 4:45pm, 6:30pm and 8:15 pm

Regionals D2 ...14th Thursday/16th Saturday (pfloyd has a commitment on the 14th!!! ugggggghhhhh)

Any thoughts on the D3 matchups Saturday Mr Floyd? (Particularly Burg vs Valley and Minford vs NY?)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LetsRide wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:48 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:45 pm ... laying out the Pfloyd Post season tour for this weekend ... not a surprise as pfloyd will be in Logan Friday night for the D2 Sectional finals matchup between Warren & Jackson @ 6:15pm followed by the D4 Sectional sectional 'ship between Trimble & Miller @ 8pm ... Saturday night the pfloyd tour continues with the D2 big boys Marietta Tigers vs last years regional finalist from the SE district the Fairfield Union Falcons @ the Warrior Coliseum at Warren High School 6:15pm tip off followed by the D4 sectional final between Waterford and Southern at 8:00pm ... I'll have rundowns of all of those games on Saturday for the Warren/Jackson & Trimble/Miller games ... Marietta/Fairfiled Union and Waterford/Southern Sunday morning'ish ...

Any thoughts on the D3 matchups Saturday Mr Floyd? (Particularly Burg vs Valley and Minford vs NY?)
... the survive and advance season is a different animal ... you'd like to be able to go with both the Burg and Minford are Elite 8 teams and call it right there BUT matchups mean something obviously and apparently Lucasville Valley matches up favorably vs the Pirates as evidenced by the Burg W's of 57-51 at home vs Valley and then the 2OT win on the road 76-72 ...both wins BUT Copley IS a force offensively and the defensive matchups must be favorable for the Indians - on paper the Wheelerburg sophs/junior AND the Lattimore factor look to be too much ... and may in fact be that - Lattimore imo is the POY in the SOC3 - he can takeover a game at both ends/ have an 11 pt quarter ... I still like the Burg even though it's tough to beat any team 3 times ... Minford vs Nelsonville York ... the TVC wasn't anywhere close to the competition that Minford played all season ... with that said Keagan Swope for the Buckeyes of NY is the real deal from inside to outside - the kids is a scorer of the ball ... the Falcons of Coach Shoemaker have the Big 3 in Shoemaker/Kayser and Myles Montgomery - I'm a big fan of Jeffry Pica and Troy Rhodes as well ... I just think MHS has too many weapons offensively ... my Ouija Board says take Wheelersburg (this one could go the other way as the 3rd times a charm effect comes into play) and Minford (too many playa's and the strength of schedule) ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I'm too psyched about seeing the Logan Sectional action tonight Warren vs Jackson , Trimble vs Miller ... I can't sit and wait ... going to have to go out to the school and sit in the office/my room and wait for the doors to open LOL ... I'm pumped to see the strategies each of the coaching staffs employ tonight ... the intermission adjustments ... going to be fun with the 2 great fan bases ... Warren is the home team in the opening game while Trimble will be home in the nightcap ... it will great to see Coach Caldwell tonight as well !!! his senior laden lineup with a W over Miller would move Howie on to the Convo yet again! as I've followed hoop Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line - Howie has been one of the best of the best coaches in SEO - with Eastern Reedsville and their outstanding teams, Trimble - all have had great runs in the post season ... Warren & Jackson IS the headliner BUT Coach Howie Caldwell will keep pfloyd in the Cheap Seats for the 2nd game ... best of luck to the teams at the Logan Sectional, & all teams across SE Ohio tonight and Saturday night looking to punch their tickets to Basketball :30 at the Convo next week for District play ...

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Big games tonight at Portsmouth.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

The Road to the Convo! gotta love it ... heading to the Warrior Coliseum for the Marietta vs Fairfield Union D2 game followed by Southern vs Waterford in the nightcap D4 game ...both winners will get to enter the team gates at the Convocation Center in Athens for Basketball :30 this coming week ... the D2 winner will advance and take on New Lexington a last shot winner vs Miami Trace 51-49 last night ... the D4 Warren Sectional Champ will has an 8pm engagement with the Federal Hocking Lancers of Coach Thompson on Thursday night at the Convo, the Lancers besting New Boston Glenwood 92-59 in the Wellston D4 sectional Friday night ...

... when I was sitting at the Logan Sectional last night , I was thinking about WHY I enjoy doing what I do ... it didn't take long to come up with an answer - it's the people I have gotten to know like the Jackson radio sportscasters - Dan Morrow, Dan Dobbins, Don Wilson ... excellent radio / livestream broadcasters even better people ... we talked, asked if I would do a half time interview - I don't know how to say no LOL ... chatting with Coach Morrow, greeting his staff ... touching bases with Coach Maddox, Coach Mitchem of Warren ... talking with now long time friends from Warren, & Jackson - I saw I92 as he left after the game didn't get to say hello as I was too far away in the cheap seats LOL ... hellos from the Trimble TV broadcasting crew with Mark Hunter, Tim Sikorski running the show ... ran into Coach Hoops from Unioto, Coach Dropsey, Coach Holbert of Logan Elm ... it's the people , I enjoy sharing/talking hoops with the people who share the love of the game ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... went through the checklist of must have items for the Road - Twizzlers, napkin stat sheets /rosters, pencils ... gate pass ... pickup a water/a couple of dogs at the concession stand ... life on the Road to the Convo is good ... safe travels to all tonight where ever you might be going to support SEOhio hoops Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

The 3 Weeks of the Convo begin this week , with two D4 District Semi final games on 2/29 Thursday night and runs through Saturday March 16th ... 24 games highlight the Basketball :30 menu over the course of 3 weeks ... with the winners of the final 3 games getting the invites to the Final Four in their respective divisions to be played again at Dayton University - an outstanding venue ... pfloyd will be able to attend 22 of the 24 with the only night I have an unchangeable commitment the Thursday March 14th D3 Regional Semi final games ... it would be nice to get another (at least one) team from Southern/Southeast Ohio back to the Show - I followed Waverly to Dayton 2 years ago for the D2 State semi-finals with SEOPs credentials - a great experience to be on Press Row, the media room, interview area , computer area - it was almost like being a real sportswriter LOL ... I would love to make a return trip ! (hint, hint to all SE District teams heading for the Convo ! let's get someone out of the regionals please - we were close last year - Fairfield Union and South Point were our regional finalists! - both represented well ... time to get one over the hump and on to Dayton!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Hey is the Pacers that good ❓

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Geronimo wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:53 pm Hey is the Pacers that good ❓
I’m excited for this reply that I’m gonna get to this question:

Indiana Pacers or Delaware Hayes Pacers?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Delaware Hayes ❓

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

Geronimo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:03 am Delaware Hayes ❓
yes. Delaware High school is Rutherford B. Hayes High School.

Hence, Delaware Hayes HS

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Delaware Hayes 76
Logan 37 a final

... from Tuesday night ... running clock in the entire 2nd half ... Logan trailed 51-17 at intermission ... Logan finished the season 2-21 on the season ... 10 players return next season with varsity PT ... Owen Bell was sidelined the last month of the season - Bell was voted D2 Distrisct 13 Honorable mention - congratulations to Owen on the honor as a sophomore ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Less than 24 hours before we tip off Basketball :30 at the Convo ... D4's tomorrow night Pt.1 :

South Webster vs Symmes Valley ... 6:15pm
Portsmouth Notre Dame vs Trimble ... 8pm

I'm getting a front row seat for these games as we have between Coach Norm Persin for SW and Coach Howie Caldwell over 1400 WINS (Norm 798'ish and Howie 600+) ... definitely will be an honor to be court side to see both of these legends of the coaching fraternity go for District Semi Final W's ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”