The 3 Weeks of the Convo "Basketball :30" begins Thursday 2/29 - Saturday 3/16 ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: The 3 Weeks of the Convo "Basketball :30" begins Thursday 2/29 - Saturday 3/16 ...

Post by pfloyd »

D4 District Semi's Thursday 2/29 :

South Webster 62 vs Symmes Valley 47
Notre Dame 48 vs Trimble 49

D4 District Semi's Saturday 3/2:

Fairfield Leesburg 62 vs Manchester 33
Federal Hocking 52 vs Waterford 41
------------------------------------------------------

D3 District Semi's Sunday 3/3 :

Wheelersburg 58 vs South Points 55
Northwest 71 vs Portsmouth 49
Minford 58 vs Fairland 45
North Adams 60 vs Ironton 56
----------------------------------------------------

D2 District Semi's Monday 3/4:

Marietta 40 vs New Lexington 43
Warren 54 vs Logan Elm 34
----------------------------------------------------

District Finals

D4 Friday 3/8:

SE 2 ... South Webster vs Trimble ... 6pm
SE 1 ... Fairfield Leesburg vs Federal Hocking ... 8pm
----------------------
Saturday 3/9 District Finals

D2 District New Lexington vs Warren ... 2pm
D3 SE 1 Northwest vs Wheelersburg ............. 4pm
D3 SE 2 North Adams vs Minford ............. 6pm

SE Regional Semi's

D4 Tuesday 3/12 ... 6:15, 8pm
D2 Wednseday 3/13 ... 6:15, 8pm
D3 Thursday 3/14 ... 6:15, 8pm

SE Regional Finals

D4 Friday 3/15 ... 7pm

Split Schedule for the Saturday Regional Finals D2 & D3
D2 Saturday 3/16 ... 3pm
D3 Saturday 3/16 ... 7pm
Last edited by pfloyd on Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Re: The 3 Weeks of the Convo "Basketball :30" begins Thursday 2/29 - Saturday 3/16 ...

Post by Eugene2009 »

Any streams for d4 convo games tonight?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Eugene2009 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:10 pm Any streams for d4 convo games tonight?
GoodGuyRadioTV will be doing the opening game tonight Fairfield vs Manchester ...https://webca.st/246444

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Post by Eugene2009 »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:18 pm
Eugene2009 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:10 pm Any streams for d4 convo games tonight?
GoodGuyRadioTV will be doing the opening game tonight Fairfield vs Manchester ...https://webca.st/246444
Thank you sir!

Swampfox13
Riding the Bench

Post by Swampfox13 »

Welcome to the Convo!!!!! All year long, you have a cash option. Now when the games start to have some real meaning it is buy on line which probably add an additional fee. It is the best venue, but the closest seat is probably 30 feet from the court giving you that up and close feeling of high school basketball. Parking is $5 and again get out the credit card for another car option with probably another add on fee. You want some snacks, get out the plastic again and buy your food with another up charge. Sorry but give me the high school venues such as Waverly (either site) where a fan can have the closeup feeling and you can buy with cash and are not subject to all the card charges. High school venues can give the cash option, but a big venue as the Convo eliminates cash options. For tickets, there are people don' have a computer and some that do have problems using a computer to purchase tickets. The legislature passed a law that a cash option had to be available does not extend to post season.

I understand that this is a high school players dream to play on THE COURT known as the Convo. Believe it or not there are people that don't have plastic to use. Some don't believe in it and others have problems using them. So, OU will penalize them for their beliefs. The legislature stepped up this year, but they left a big loophole with their mandate.

JohnnyCash
Waterboy

Post by JohnnyCash »

Welcome to the Convo!!!!! All year long, you have a cash option. Now when the games start to have some real meaning it is buy on line which probably add an additional fee. It is the best venue, but the closest seat is probably 30 feet from the court giving you that up and close feeling of high school basketball. Parking is $5 and again get out the credit card for another car option with probably another add on fee. You want some snacks, get out the plastic again and buy your food with another up charge. Sorry but give me the high school venues such as Waverly (either site) where a fan can have the closeup feeling and you can buy with cash and are not subject to all the card charges. High school venues can give the cash option, but a big venue as the Convo eliminates cash options. For tickets, there are people don' have a computer and some that do have problems using a computer to purchase tickets. The legislature passed a law that a cash option had to be available does not extend to post season.

I understand that this is a high school players dream to play on THE COURT known as the Convo. Believe it or not there are people that don't have plastic to use. Some don't believe in it and others have problems using them. So, OU will penalize them for their beliefs. The legislature stepped up this year, but they left a big loophole with their mandate.
Get with the times or get left behind. I’m sure there were people who still believed in the horse and buggy before the automobile.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

D3 Streaming for Sunday

Game 1 will have SOSA and BMG Media
Game 2 will have BMG Media
Game 3 will have SOSA
Game 4 will have GoodGuysRadioTV

All on YouTube, I believe we’ve posted both SOSA links already.

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

Swampfox13 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:39 pm Welcome to the Convo!!!!! All year long, you have a cash option. Now when the games start to have some real meaning it is buy on line which probably add an additional fee. It is the best venue, but the closest seat is probably 30 feet from the court giving you that up and close feeling of high school basketball. Parking is $5 and again get out the credit card for another car option with probably another add on fee. You want some snacks, get out the plastic again and buy your food with another up charge. Sorry but give me the high school venues such as Waverly (either site) where a fan can have the closeup feeling and you can buy with cash and are not subject to all the card charges. High school venues can give the cash option, but a big venue as the Convo eliminates cash options. For tickets, there are people don' have a computer and some that do have problems using a computer to purchase tickets. The legislature passed a law that a cash option had to be available does not extend to post season.

amen brother. the lawmakers should have extended the cash option to all venues. having to pay for parking with a card is ridiculous.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:21 pm D3 Streaming for Sunday

Game 1 will have SOSA and BMG Media
Game 2 will have BMG Media
Game 3 will have SOSA
Game 4 will have GoodGuysRadioTV

All on YouTube, I believe we’ve posted both SOSA links already.
Good stuff daniC !!! See you between broadcasts !!!

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Looking forward to a great slate of games today, and hopefully a proper 3 point line...

Go Blue
SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Post by SouthEast Hoops Fan »

Whs95fan wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:37 am Looking forward to a great slate of games today, and hopefully a proper 3 point line...
That 3-point line effort looked like it was Mrs. McGillicuddy’s 3rd grade class project. Got to do better.

Happy2bhere
Freshman Team

Post by Happy2bhere »

SouthEast Hoops Fan wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:48 am
Whs95fan wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:37 am Looking forward to a great slate of games today, and hopefully a proper 3 point line...
That 3-point line effort looked like it was Mrs. McGillicuddy’s 3rd grade class project. Got to do better.
They had the proper line for the games last night!

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

Question for the ticketing on the games. Does one ticket get you in for all games through the regionals semi finals? Then a ticket is required for each regional final game?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Sportsfan01 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:09 am Question for the ticketing on the games. Does one ticket get you in for all games through the regionals semi finals? Then a ticket is required for each regional final game?
Yes ...

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

JohnnyCash wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:04 pm

Get with the times or get left behind. I’m sure there were people who still believed in the horse and buggy before the automobile.

Get with the times??? WTF does that actually mean. Last I checked money is still allowed pretty much everywhere.

Point he is trying to make is the OH$AA allowed cash option all regular season long and now come tourney time, they hit you with card only That's bullshit!!!It's all about collecting those extra fees with the charges. They are scared to death they might lose a dime to the schools. Sad that they used to give the schools at least a dollar from ticket sales and now nothing. Total BS!!!!!
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

TrueFan
JV Team

Post by TrueFan »

Any streaming of tonight's games?

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

TrueFan wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:32 am Any streaming of tonight's games?
As far as I know there will only be radio streams for both games.

Go Blue
JohnnyCash
Waterboy

Post by JohnnyCash »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:29 am
JohnnyCash wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:04 pm

Get with the times??? WTF does that actually mean. Last I checked money is still allowed pretty much everywhere.

Point he is trying to make is the OH$AA allowed cash option all regular season long and now come tourney time, they hit you with card only That's bullshit!!!It's all about collecting those extra fees with the charges. They are scared to death they might lose a dime to the schools. Sad that they used to give the schools at least a dollar from ticket sales and now nothing. Total BS!!!!!

Listen, I am far from OHSAA's biggest fan. I was responding to his comment that people don't "believe" in using a card and getting with the times or be at risk of being left behind. There are plenty of places that do not take cash. I actually prefer to use cash but will not make a huge fit if some place does not take it. Card payments are easier to track, cut out employee theft, and you don't have to find as many volunteers for the gate. Again, I prefer cash; however, can see why card only is being used.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Card only was designed by the Covid scare and the Liberal schools and Liberal Parks use it now because they don't want to go back to the "OLD" way of doing it.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

I don’t mind using a card to pay for thing (don’t care for the add on BS expenses) but I for one would rather the games be played in a larger HS gym. The Convo seating is just too far away from the action and nothing really like a noisy, warm, packed in game. The games last night seemed to lack much of an atmosphere from where I was sitting. Just one person’s opinion

Return to “Boys Basketball”