Coaching Openings

Jeeps_06
Waterboy

Re: Coaching Openings

Post by Jeeps_06 »

I am curious to see what happens with the South Webster position, Norm said he was only going to be there one season this year was the best Webster has been in quite a while does he get convinced to return for one more year or does Fenton fully take over the program

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

I really hope this is not true. Did he just take the job to get #800? I know his health isn't the best which i understand but why even take the job or why even give it to him if he was only going to be there for a year?

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

Everyone knows he was brought in to coach this special team, the goal was the State Tournament, with Roberts back I hope he decides to make one more run at it, even if that means resting up over the summer and letting Fenton handle the day to day operations until November.

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

SWJeeps22 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:45 am Everyone knows he was brought in to coach this special team, the goal was the State Tournament, with Roberts back I hope he decides to make one more run at it, even if that means resting up over the summer and letting Fenton handle the day to day operations until November.
From a distance, Fenton did all the coaching, substituting, day to day operations all season. So why would that change?

I love Norm, but my goodness, why would anyone want to see his health in jeopardy over High School Basketball? It’s fairly obvious his health is not where he needs it.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

Elijah Craig wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:52 am
SWJeeps22 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:45 am Everyone knows he was brought in to coach this special team, the goal was the State Tournament, with Roberts back I hope he decides to make one more run at it, even if that means resting up over the summer and letting Fenton handle the day to day operations until November.
From a distance, Fenton did all the coaching, substituting, day to day operations all season. So why would that change?

I love Norm, but my goodness, why would anyone want to see his health in jeopardy over High School Basketball? It’s fairly obvious his health is not where he needs it.
Norm is more involved than meets the eye.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

He needs to hang it up

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Would Norm have too much pride to be an assistant? He seemingly isn’t in good enough health to be in charge but would add a ton of value to any bench.

Billy T Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Billy T Kid »

Correct, his health is not that great. Another reason he just needs to be done coaching. He’s done alright for himself as a coach and to reach 800 plus wins he clearly had a lot of talent over the years.

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:13 am Circleville is open

They lose a lot, but got a nice transfer already. Doesn’t seem like the most solid place with the admin though.
I know that opinion boards like this one don't talk about student/player transfers much, but good thing the OHSAA has some regulation or there would be many transfers going back and forth to schools in SE Ohio.

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

SWJeeps22 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:18 am

Norm is more involved than meets the eye.
I’ve watched him coach over 25 years, and you can say he’s involved, and he is by being there, but that’s not a Norm coached team. Anyone on here that has watched him over the years, can reiterate that.

NoseyRosey
Waterboy

Post by NoseyRosey »

Why do people at South Webster all want to be #22? Was anyone good #22?

E High
All State

Post by E High »

I think the guy from, I believe, originally from Minford is out of a job in the Eastern District ? Confirmation ?

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Yes, Cambridge is open

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Post by SouthEast Hoops Fan »

Hookshot wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:36 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:13 am Circleville is open

They lose a lot, but got a nice transfer already. Doesn’t seem like the most solid place with the admin though.
I know that opinion boards like this one don't talk about student/player transfers much, but good thing the OHSAA has some regulation or there would be many transfers going back and forth to schools in SE Ohio.
I agree. Some programs/coaches would generate a lot of interest from players and parents in going somewhere new, especially if a goal is achieving a college scholarship.

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

MoCoSportsGuy02 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:44 pm Morgan's Rob Justice announced at the awards program he is retiring from coaching.
Any word on who they might be hiring or has the job even been posted yet?

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

Dave Schug is the new basketball coach at Rock Hill!

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Sportsfan01 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:26 am
MoCoSportsGuy02 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:44 pm Morgan's Rob Justice announced at the awards program he is retiring from coaching.
Decent job. Hopefully they get it right 👍

MoCoSportsGuy02
Riding the Bench

Post by MoCoSportsGuy02 »

Sportsfan01 wrote: ↑Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:26 am
MoCoSportsGuy02 wrote: ↑Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:44 pm
Morgan's Rob Justice announced at the awards program he is retiring from coaching.

I was told a couple of people inside the district applied (don't know who). I was also told someone from outside the area visited the county and the school district to see if they should apply.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I seen Green was open, but I believe they only do 1 year contracts. I look for coach King to be back for the bobcats.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

MoCoSportsGuy02 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:33 pm
Sportsfan01 wrote: ↑Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:26 am
MoCoSportsGuy02 wrote: ↑Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:44 pm
Morgan's Rob Justice announced at the awards program he is retiring from coaching.

I was told a couple of people inside the district applied (don't know who). I was also told someone from outside the area visited the county and the school district to see if they should apply.
I read somewhere that Morgan is moving to the big school side of the MVL? That means TV, Sheridan and JG twice a year along with single games against Maysville, NL, Coshocton and WM. Basically ten built in losses for the next several years. Philo also appears to be on the upswing. MVL is a good league

Return to “Boys Basketball”