Jeeps vs Tomcats 3/8/24

Hookshot
Varsity

Re: Jeeps vs Tomcats 3/8/24

Post by Hookshot »

I've seen both teams a number of times and I certainly mean no disrespect, but if I was forced to choose "over-under" on a 15-point winning margin, I'll take Fed Hocking by more than 15 points.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

rooting for the fighting Swankers

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

Hookshot wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:49 pm I've seen both teams a number of times and I certainly mean no disrespect, but if I was forced to choose "over-under" on a 15-point winning margin, I'll take Fed Hocking by more than 15 points.
Well hopefully both Federal Hocking and South Webster can win this coming Friday evening, and then you can take the Lancers by 15 or more.
Until then Jeeps over the Tomcats by 10+.

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

JeepNation26 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:09 pm
Hookshot wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:49 pm I've seen both teams a number of times and I certainly mean no disrespect, but if I was forced to choose "over-under" on a 15-point winning margin, I'll take Fed Hocking by more than 15 points.
Well hopefully both Federal Hocking and South Webster can win this coming Friday evening, and then you can take the Lancers by 15 or more.
Until then Jeeps over the Tomcats by 10+.
No to be misunderstood, my Fed Hocking - Trimble comment was only hypothetical. I would call the same "over-under" result in favor of the Jeeps this Friday (or a few more).

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Once again the Jeeps need to remember there is no tomorrow if we come out with that half a$$ effort and lack of toughness in the first half. Notre Dame played to not to lose and lost. Let’s play to win. All gas no brakes. Mault and Shupert gotta put the numbers up like they have the past two games. Let’s get some and STOMP these sissies

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Billy T Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Billy T Kid »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:16 pm
Tomcat Pride wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:52 am
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:56 pm It’s something the guy from Trimble that has 7 accounts came up with for Coach missing two games earlier this season. No respect for the goat
Says the guy from South Webstern with multiple accounts who sheet on the seat at the Convo and then posted about it on here. You thought we forgot about that didn’t ya. 😂

So, you and Nerm have something in common. I guess all that jock sniffing paid off for you. I noticed you’ve toned down your predictions. Is that because you’re worried that Nerm won’t be able to hold his mud and will miss the game? Or is the fear of the Stomp getting the best of ya?
I have one account. And I never did no such thing. That’s some ridiculous seops folklore from 2018. The horse y’all beat is dead and it stopped being funny about two years ago

Jeeps by 12
You say a ton of stuff over and over, same stupid poop! I see you don’t like it when others jab at you so stop being ridiculous yourself and let’s talk sports on this site.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Billy T Kid wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:46 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:16 pm
Tomcat Pride wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:52 am

Says the guy from South Webstern with multiple accounts who sheet on the seat at the Convo and then posted about it on here. You thought we forgot about that didn’t ya. 😂

So, you and Nerm have something in common. I guess all that jock sniffing paid off for you. I noticed you’ve toned down your predictions. Is that because you’re worried that Nerm won’t be able to hold his mud and will miss the game? Or is the fear of the Stomp getting the best of ya?
I have one account. And I never did no such thing. That’s some ridiculous seops folklore from 2018. The horse y’all beat is dead and it stopped being funny about two years ago

Jeeps by 12
You say a ton of stuff over and over, same stupid poop! I see you don’t like it when others jab at you so stop being ridiculous yourself and let’s talk sports on this site.
I talk sports 95% of the time. Probably 75% of the dummies on here reply with something stupid about incontinence or the STOMP.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:40 am This might be the game that currently holds the state record for most wins between coaches. Norm going for number 800 and Howie with over 600. 1,400 wins between both coaches. Yet, more people are wanting to talk about pacifiers and poop. You’re talking about 2 coaches who have done it the right way for a long time and get the most out of their players.

Norm with at least 11 Regional Appearances
Howie has at least 3-4 Regional Appearances.
You’re talking about 2 of the best for 4+ decades.

Howie coaching with Carl Wolfe at Southern.

Norm started off with Oz at GA with Rick Van Metre. At least 1,800 wins on that Staff.
... 2 of the best coaches/teachers of the game in not only SEOhio but all of Ohio basketball ... 1400+ wins between the 2 of them ... preparation, more preparation - a skill, then having the ability to motivate 15,16,17,18 year olds to execute the game plans better than their opponents ... all of the "talk" that many are throwing out there about these 2 coaches who have PROVEN themselves many times over for multiple schools, building programs that others only wish they could have built ... as a "student" of the game I have coaches that are MUST SEE's throughout EVERY season - no matter the rumored talent, I go see both Norm's and Howie's teams EVERY season to learn something about the game ... in both of these coaches their success has started with the fundamentals of the game ... I walk into a gym to watch a game I MAKE A POINT of watching the teams warmup - how they warmup tells me a lot about the discipline or lack of discipline of the teams playing ... passing of the ball, dribbling , rebounding position .. these 2 coaches teach the fundamentals at both ends of the floor ... they begin the teaching long before the players ever get to be varsity players - they to the fundamental teaching in the early grades so that when the players get to THEM on varsity - the brilliance of their coaching/teaching of the game/the positions can take place ...I remember watching a Norm coached Chesapeake team in Columbus - the ball was rebounded by the Peake, outlet pass to the wing, sideline pass to half court, players filled the lanes the next pass went to a player breaking to the rim - transition bucket WITHOUT the ball ever touching floor - Norm the teacher, teaching the game of hoops ... Howie has gotten more out of his teams at Trimble than anyone could have imo - he provides the fundamentals of the game to athletes who are undersized, perceived to be less talented going into "the game" - Howie motivates his kids/ the Glouster area kids - kids who are tougher than nails, kids who will figuratively punch you in the mouth to open a contest so you KNOW you will be in a game - win or lose - the Trimble teams under Howie's leadership play fundamental hoops, tenacious D, and have a never give up attitude that coaches at every school WISH they had on their teams ... Norm/ Howie - outstanding coaches - a given ... in my time watching/following high school hoops in Southern/Southeastern as "pfloyd" these gentleman have "given ME the time of day" - I'm "nobody" to these coaches yet both acknowledge me when I'm in the cheap seats , Howie in literally EVERY venue where I have seen Trimble play has "come up into the cheap seats" to just say "hello" , we always talk a little hoops ... I remember the very first time Howie and I met , the Beasts of the Southeast at Chesapeake ... I was sitting in the cheap seats, Howie climbed the bleachers, and introduced himself TO ME! I'm a nobody! Howie thanked ME for what I do for high school hoops in SEO ... these 2 coaches, 2 of the BEST in SEO - have nothing but my utmost respect as coaches/ as teachers of the game ... and yet here we are reading some of this bs ... these are 2 coaches of teams who have both made it to the SE District Final - an accomplishment in itself, both HOF coaches , one will move on to familiar territory - regional competition (again an accomplishment not known to 90% of the coaches in Ohio in their careers) ... both will more than likely retire after this season - our loss as fans of the game ... both will be missed by those who know the game of basketball ... both deserve far more respectful dialog than the majority of posts on this thread ...

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:31 pm
Jason Vorhees wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:40 am This might be the game that currently holds the state record for most wins between coaches. Norm going for number 800 and Howie with over 600. 1,400 wins between both coaches. Yet, more people are wanting to talk about pacifiers and poop. You’re talking about 2 coaches who have done it the right way for a long time and get the most out of their players.

Norm started off with Oz at GA with Rick Van Metre. At least 1,800 wins on that Staff.
... 2 of the best coaches/teachers of the game in not only SEOhio but all of Ohio basketball ... 1400+ wins between the 2 of them ... preparation, more preparation - a skill, then having the ability to motivate 15,16,17,18 year olds to execute the game plans better than their opponents ... all of the "talk" that many are throwing out there about these 2 coaches who have PROVEN themselves many times over for multiple schools, building programs that others only wish they could have built ... as a "student" of the game I have coaches that are MUST SEE's throughout EVERY season - no matter the rumored talent, I go see both Norm's and Howie's teams EVERY season to learn something about the game ... in both of these coaches their success has started with the fundamentals of the game ... I walk into a gym to watch a game I MAKE A POINT of watching the teams warmup - how they warmup tells me a lot about the discipline or lack of discipline of the teams playing ... passing of the ball, dribbling , rebounding position .. these 2 coaches teach the fundamentals at both ends of the floor ... they begin the teaching long before the players ever get to be varsity players - they to the fundamental teaching in the early grades so that when the players get to THEM on varsity - the brilliance of their coaching/teaching of the game/the positions can take place ...I remember watching a Norm coached Chesapeake team in Columbus - the ball was rebounded by the Peake, outlet pass to the wing, sideline pass to half court, players filled the lanes the next pass went to a player breaking to the rim - transition bucket WITHOUT the ball ever touching floor - Norm the teacher, teaching the game of hoops ... Howie has gotten more out of his teams at Trimble than anyone could have imo - he provides the fundamentals of the game to athletes who are undersized, perceived to be less talented going into "the game" - Howie motivates his kids/ the Glouster area kids - kids who are tougher than nails, kids who will figuratively punch you in the mouth to open a contest so you KNOW you will be in a game - win or lose - the Trimble teams under Howie's leadership play fundamental hoops, tenacious D, and have a never give up attitude that coaches at every school WISH they had on their teams ... Norm/ Howie - outstanding coaches - a given ... in my time watching/following high school hoops in Southern/Southeastern as "pfloyd" these gentleman have "given ME the time of day" - I'm "nobody" to these coaches yet both acknowledge me when I'm in the cheap seats , Howie in literally EVERY venue where I have seen Trimble play has "come up into the cheap seats" to just say "hello" , we always talk a little hoops ... I remember the very first time Howie and I met , the Beasts of the Southeast at Chesapeake ... I was sitting in the cheap seats, Howie climbed the bleachers, and introduced himself TO ME! I'm a nobody! Howie thanked ME for what I do for high school hoops in SEO ... these 2 coaches, 2 of the BEST in SEO - have nothing but my utmost respect as coaches/ as teachers of the game ... and yet here we are reading some of this bs ... these are 2 coaches of teams who have both made it to the SE District Final - an accomplishment in itself, both HOF coaches , one will move on to familiar territory - regional competition (again an accomplishment not known to 90% of the coaches in Ohio in their careers) ... both will more than likely retire after this season - our loss as fans of the game ... both will be missed by those who know the game of basketball ... both deserve far more respectful dialog than the majority of posts on this thread ...
You get grit with Howie’s teams. What they lack in talent or height is what they make up for in overall effort. I’ve never seen a coach that gets the most of kids the way that he does. If you’re playing his teams, then you better be well prepared and execute well because they will find a way to make up for deficiencies.

For Norm, his style of coaching has changed this year. However, the results are still the same. He had so many unfortunate years at Chesapeake to never get to the big stage only to finally do it at Oak Hill. Nearly 80% of all of the games he has coached in he has won. Enough said. Execution in crunch time is his motto. His teams have always done the little things the right way.

What a great matchup between two of the best coaches in OHSAA History.

JeepCreep
Waterboy

Post by JeepCreep »

This game is won or lost with how do the SW guards play vs the physical Tomcat style. They got manhandled a few years ago by a team with no one over 6ft. The Burg guards concern me vs Trimble. If they don't let Webster get into half court sets and cause turnovers and Roberts gets frustrated and starts floating then the Jeeps are in trouble.Trimble will be disciplined and play hard. If Webster matches that the Jeeps by 12. If not...

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

pfloyd: your post above is spot on, all jokes and memes aside these coaches are without a doubt two of the best ever in Ohio High School Boys Basketball. I don't have all the numbers for Coach Caldwell besides he has 610 wins, and that alone speaks for itself. He definitely gets the most out of his players each and every year and you can tell he really enjoys coaching and teaching the kids.

This Friday evening at Convo South Webster High School Basketball Coach Norm Persin (73 years old) is going for win number 800 tas his Jeeps (21-3) will face off against the Trimble Tomcats (16-8) in the Division 4 Southeast 2 District Championship. Coach Persin nickname “Stormin Norman” is in his 45th season as head coach and has a decorated 799 career victories and only 227 career losses. His 78-percent career win percentage is third best in the state of Ohio history on the boys' basketball all-time wins list and #1 for active high school boy's coaches. He trails only Coach Richard Kortokrax of Kalida (890 wins), whom Persin’s Oak Hill Oaks’ team defeated 48-43 in double overtime in the 2009 Division 4 state championship title game, and Coach Joe Petrocelli (831 wins) of Kettering Alter in all-time wins.

Persin’s historic coaching career includes being head coach at Wilmington High School, two times at Oak Hill High School, Chesapeake High School, Valley High School, and South Webster High School. He spent 21 seasons at Chesapeake where he collected 400 victories, and where they named their court “Norm Persin Court”. He has been selected seven times as the state Coach of the Year, won two Associated Press Division 3 statewide poll championships at Chesapeake, and accumulated a 76-game home winning streak and 48-game regular-season winning streak with the Panthers — plus 16 Ohio Valley Conference championships in his 21 seasons there including an astounding 11 consecutive. That ranks second all-time in consecutive league championships in state history, combining when his Oak Hill Oaks were members of the OVC putting him winning 19 total OVC titles.

He guided his Oak Hill Oaks to four outright (Southern Ohio Conference) SOC 2 championships (2009, 2010, 2017 and 2018), and had no fewer than 14 victories in any one season of his second 14 years at Oak Hill. His Oaks advanced to the district championship game six times (2007, 2008, 2009, 2013, 2017 and 2018) and the regional tournament five times (all except 2017) —with two of those resulting in runner-up finishes in addition to the 2009 Division 4 state championship title.
He has already been inducted into two Ohio basketball Halls of Fame (Ohio High School Basketball Coaches Association in 2016 and Ohio Basketball Hall of Fame in 2017), plus four others (Ohio Athletic Directors Hall of Fame, Warren Harding High School Hall of Fame, Chesapeake High School Hall of Fame and Warren Ohio Distinguished Hall of Fame).

Persin is looking to push his Jeeps to a Division 4 Southeast 2 District Championship title this Friday evening at Ohio University’s Convocation Center in Athens, Ohio at 6:15pm. The Jeeps who are 21-3 overall this season and haven’t won a district title since 2013; they’ll playing against the Trimble Tomcats who are 16-8 overall this season and haven’t won a district title since 2021. A showdown of two of the best.... Best of luck to both teams..
But Go Jeeps... bring home victory number 800 for Coach Persin!
Last edited by JeepNation26 on Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

JeepNation26 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:20 pm pfloyd: your post above is spot on, all jokes and memes aside these coaches are without a doubt two of the best ever in Ohio High School Boys Basketball. I don't have all the numbers for Coach Caldwell besides he has 610 wins, and that alone speaks for itself. He definitely gets the most out of his players each and every year and you can tell he really enjoys coaching and teaching the kids.

This Friday evening at Convo South Webster High School Basketball Coach Norm Persin (73 years old) is going for win number 800 tas his Jeeps (21-3) will face off against the Trimble Tomcats (16-8) in the Division 4 Southeast 2 District Championship. Coach Persin nickname “Stormin Norman” is in his 45th season as head coach and has a decorated 799 career victories and only 227 career losses. His 78-percent career win percentage is third best in the state of Ohio history on the boys' basketball all-time wins list and #1 for active high school boy's coaches. He trails only Coach Richard Kortokrax of Kalida (890 wins), whom Persin’s Oak Hill Oaks’ team defeated 48-43 in double overtime in the 2009 Division 4 state championship title game, and Coach Joe Petrocelli (831 wins) of Kettering Alter in all-time wins.

Persin’s historic coaching career includes being head coach at Wilmington High School, two times at Oak Hill High School, Chesapeake High School, Valley High School, and South Webster High School. He spent 21 seasons at Chesapeake where he collected 400 victories, and where they named their court “Norm Persin Court”. He has been selected seven times as the state Coach of the Year, won two Associated Press Division 3 statewide poll championships at Chesapeake, and accumulated a 76-game home winning streak and 48-game regular-season winning streak with the Panthers — plus 16 Ohio Valley Conference championships in his 21 seasons there including an astounding 11 consecutive. That ranks second all-time in consecutive league championships in state history, combining when his Oak Hill Oaks were members of the OVC putting him winning 19 total OVC titles.

He guided his Oak Hill Oaks to four outright (Southern Ohio Conference) SOC 2 championships (2009, 2010, 2017 and 2018), and had no fewer than 14 victories in any one season of his second 14 years at Oak Hill. His Oaks advanced to the district championship game six times (2007, 2008, 2009, 2013, 2017 and 2018) and the regional tournament five times (all except 2017) —with two of those resulting in runner-up finishes in addition to the 2009 Division 4 state championship title.
He has already been inducted into two Ohio basketball Halls of Fame (Ohio High School Basketball Coaches Association in 2016 and Ohio Basketball Hall of Fame in 2017), plus four others (Ohio Athletic Directors Hall of Fame, Warren Harding High School Hall of Fame, Chesapeake High School Hall of Fame and Warren Ohio Distinguished Hall of Fame).

Persin is looking to push his Jeeps to a Division 4 Southeast 2 District Championship title this Friday evening at Ohio University’s Convocation Center in Athens, Ohio at 6:15pm. The Jeeps who are 21-3 overall this season and haven’t won a district title since 2013; they’ll playing against the Trimble Tomcats who are 18-8 overall this season and haven’t won a district title since 2021. A showdown of two of the best.... Best of luck to both teams..
Great "stuff" about Coach Persin ! thank you for sharing ... both Norm and Howie - such dedication and love of the game, coaching/teaching of the game ... so much respect for these gentlemen for what they have accomplished ... I'm going to be courtside Friday night ... going to take a few pics of both of these coaches as ONE of them will be calling it a career Friday night ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Norm is only 73? Dude looks 90 in his sweatpants and never getting off the bench. I hope he makes it to 75 but he has a better chance tonwin stats than that

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Some of you with your comments will be old some day.

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

Those two have the respect of everyone who know them in the slightest way. the respect comes from how much they care….
about the game, their players, their communities etc.
they truly love all the above.
I know both teams will play hard

Good luck to both!

Billy T Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Billy T Kid »

I think Trimble can compete in this game. I know some don’t think so and that’s fine, we are all entitled to our opinions. I watched SW in their last game at Convo and really think Trimble can cause them problems with their ball pressure. A lot on the line tomorrow night, Norm trying to reach 800 and Caldwell trying to win another District title with a team that a lot of people probably didn’t believe could be playing for one. No matter the outcome I say just take it all in. Two great coaches giving everything they have for possibly the last time. Good luck to both teams!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Billy T Kid wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:33 pm I think Trimble can compete in this game. I know some don’t think so and that’s fine, we are all entitled to our opinions. I watched SW in their last game at Convo and really think Trimble can cause them problems with their ball pressure. A lot on the line tomorrow night, Norm trying to reach 800 and Caldwell trying to win another District title with a team that a lot of people probably didn’t believe could be playing for one. No matter the outcome I say just take it all in. Two great coaches giving everything they have for possibly the last time. Good luck to both teams!
Elijah Craig wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:23 pm

Those two have the respect of everyone who know them in the slightest way. the respect comes from how much they care….
about the game, their players, their communities etc.
they truly love all the above.
I know both teams will play hard

Good luck to both!
Well said Billy T Kid and Elijah Craig ...

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

JeepNation26 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:20 pm pfloyd: your post above is spot on, all jokes and memes aside these coaches are without a doubt two of the best ever in Ohio High School Boys Basketball. I don't have all the numbers for Coach Caldwell besides he has 610 wins, and that alone speaks for itself. He definitely gets the most out of his players each and every year and you can tell he really enjoys coaching and teaching the kids.

Persin is looking to push his Jeeps to a Division 4 Southeast 2 District Championship title this Friday evening at Ohio University’s Convocation Center in Athens, Ohio at 6:15pm. The Jeeps who are 21-3 overall this season and haven’t won a district title since 2013; they’ll playing against the Trimble Tomcats who are 16-8 overall this season and haven’t won a district title since 2021. A showdown of two of the best.... Best of luck to both teams..
You forgot 1
Norm started his career as girls coach at Northwest, that was something to see.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Jeeps are blacking out the convo tonight.
Attachments
IMG_0245.jpeg

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Best wishes to South Webster!

Return to “Boys Basketball”