N W VS BURG

softball24_7
Freshman Team

Re: N W VS BURG

Post by softball24_7 »

Congrats to the Mohawks. Foot on the gas and never let off. If anyone knows barstool_burg2024, you might want to check on them, lol. Guess you could say theyre eating crow? Lol
barstool_burg2024 ITS GAMEDAY EVERYONE
LOCK IN AND LETS PACK THE STUDENT
SECTION. We're not gonna let shitwest think they
are better then us. LETS REMIND THEM OF HOW
POVERTY THEY ARE

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

NW just outplayed us today no ifs ands or butts about they came out with a good game plan and executed very well I mean I've seen Burg play better thats for sure but NW was the better team today so good luck in the regionals

Burg grad 85
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:51 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:41 pm
NW97 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:38 pm

Lol
Terrible take. Burg doesn’t usually get the benefit of the whistle and sure didn’t tonight. But there were times I thought they could have called more fouls on burg too. The refs were very inconsistent tonight but northwest played through it, burg did not. Congrats and hoping northwest keeps dancing.

Swankier just getting his shots in as his team benefits from three burg transfers. Lol
Should’ve kept them. Maybe you’d have beat little ole Northwest and South Webster this season.
Northwest was good.

Webster was 2nd in the SOC

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

scott1297 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:20 pm NW just outplayed us today no ifs ands or butts about they came out with a good game plan and executed very well I mean I've seen Burg play better thats for sure but NW was the better team today so good luck in the regionals
Yep. Good luck to north west

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats to the Mohawks on a big victory for your program.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:31 pm
Prime Time wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:04 pm Congrats to the Mohawks, and Coach Scarberry. By far the best team. Its refreshing to see a team WITH homegrown talent , win out over move ins with other teams. Makes it sweeter when you think what would the scores be with home grown with these other teams. Kudos to the Mohawks, looked strong, quick and determined. Convo is the best venue for these players, Regional semi finalist for the Northwest team.
A team like that is a rare breed anymore. A team without transfers. You know harvest Prep is one of the teams in the DIII Regional! You want to talk about transfers.

Southern Ohio should have put a team together of all the best talent around just so they could compete. You know a public school hasn't made it out of the SE DIII Regionals since 2016 and that was Fairland and they got waxed in the state semifinal by Cleveland St. Joseph, a private school.

I wish NW all the luck in the world because at this point it takes some luck along with that talent.
If I'm not mistaken,New Boston made it to the final 4 a couple of years ago?

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Post by Eugene2009 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:40 pm
Prime Time wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:04 pm Congrats to the Mohawks, and Coach Scarberry. By far the best team. Its refreshing to see a team WITH homegrown talent , win out over move ins with other teams. Makes it sweeter when you think what would the scores be with home grown with these other teams. Kudos to the Mohawks, looked strong, quick and determined. Convo is the best venue for these players, Regional semi finalist for the Northwest team.
A team like that is a rare breed anymore. A team without transfers. You know harvest Prep is one of the teams in the DIII Regional! You want to talk about transfers.

Southern Ohio should have put a team together of all the best talent around just so they could compete. You know a public school hasn't made it out of the SE DIII Regionals since 2016 and that was Fairland and they got waxed in the state semifinal by Cleveland St. Joseph, a private school.

I wish NW all the luck in the world because at this point it takes some luck along with that talent.
NB made it in D4

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Post by Eugene2009 »

Burg had a great year. I think they definitely exceeded expectations. Losing DL will hurt but they’ve got a lot of sophomore talent returning. They’ll be right back here playing for district the next 2 years.

SoutheastHoopsWizard
Waterboy

Post by SoutheastHoopsWizard »

Congrats to Coach Scarberry and the Northwest Mowhawks.

Burg had a great year. I was suprised though at the amount of whining by Lattimore (great player) and others actions as they left the game. Very not Burg like, but i am sure they were not expecting what they got from NW.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Seofanatic wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:04 pm
Jason Vorhees wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:32 pm Lintz and Bolin are really good players. Add in Wolfenbarger and you have a scary good trio.

Tempo was the way Northwest wanted it. Scarberry is a very deserving coach to win a district championship.

Northwest is a very tough out and when they shoot the ball well from deep, my goodness. Here’s to hoping an SOC team makes the regional championship.
Can't forget Jay Jenkins.....he's the glue that holds that team together. Doesn't get as much notoriety but he's on of the best point guards in the region and best hands down defensively.
Absolutely 💯 on Jenkins.

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

softball24_7 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:10 pm Congrats to the Mohawks. Foot on the gas and never let off. If anyone knows barstool_burg2024, you might want to check on them, lol. Guess you could say theyre eating crow? Lol
POVERTY THEY ARE
Real classy. I wonder if they live in the trailer park beside GB park

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

NW97 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:12 pm
softball24_7 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:10 pm Congrats to the Mohawks. Foot on the gas and never let off. If anyone knows barstool_burg2024, you might want to check on them, lol. Guess you could say theyre eating crow? Lol
POVERTY THEY ARE
Have you seen northwest barstool? Don’t get caught up in the immaturity of the few.

Enjoy the ride.

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

I haven't, and I would say you have a great point there. Thank you

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

NW97 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:33 pm I haven't, and I would say you have a great point there. Thank you
Kids these days have a unique sense of humor. My guess is they all know each other.

We like to harass each other on here but
I’d say all of us are behind the mowhawks to continue the run.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:37 pm
NW97 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:33 pm I haven't, and I would say you have a great point there. Thank you
Kids these days have a unique sense of humor. My guess is they all know each other.

We like to harass each other on here but
I’d say all of us are behind the mowhawks to continue the run.
Definitely. Wish Northwest team continued success in this tournament. Same to South Webster boys and Portsmouth girls.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Eugene2009 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:43 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:40 pm

NB made it in D4
Thx. I thought so. That was a good run as well for a southern Ohio team.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

SoutheastHoopsWizard wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:50 pm Congrats to Coach Scarberry and the Northwest Mowhawks.

Burg had a great year. I was suprised though at the amount of whining by Lattimore (great player) and others actions as they left the game. Very not Burg like, but i am sure they were not expecting what they got from NW.

Pretty sure that is why he got kicked off the Portsmouth football team! I know a certain coach that would not have let what he did on the court happen. Coach Barrick would have sit him down or even booted him off the team.

Good luck to the Mohawks in the Regionals. You definitely belong there so just remember that when you play Malvern. I think NW's size will give them trouble. They get after it so if NW can get some fastbreak points of the press they can control the tempo.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

NW97 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:12 pm
POVERTY THEY ARE

I don't believe this was a true fan of Burg's! This is pure garbage!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Northwest 59
Wheelersburg 42 a final

Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Wheelersburg

Scoring ... Devon Lattimore 26, Braylon Rucker 6, Logan Adkins 4, Xander Mowery 2, Landon McGraw 2, Hunter Bivens 2
3 Pointers ... 2/14 … Devon Lattimore 2
FTs ... 12/14
TOs ... 13
PnP ... 10 fgs/ 20 points in the paint
PnT ... 1 fgs/ 2 points in transition
Pbk ... 2 fgs/ 4 points on putback buckets

Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Northwest

Scoring ... Connor Lintz 28, Tanner Bolin 20, Logan Wolfenbarker 5, Jay Jenkins 5, Caleb Lewis 1
3 Pointers ... 3/10 ... Logan Wolfenbarker 1, Connor Lintz 1, Tanner Bolin 1
FTs ... 16/22
TOs ... 10
PnP ... 16 fgs/ 32 points in the paint
PnT ... 0 points in transition
Pbk ... 4 fgs/ 8 points on putback buckets

Bonus Napkin Stats :

* Northwest controlled the boards 41-26
* Northwest went 20/49 (40.6%) from the field … Wheelersburg 14/50 from the floor (28%)
* Connor Lintz (NW) 28 pts/12 for 22 from the floor/12 rbs/ 1 trey/ 2 asts/ 2 stls
* Devon Lattimore (W) 26 pts/ 10 for 20 from the floor/10rbs/ 2 treys/ 3 stls
* Tanner Bolin (NW) 20 pts/ 1 trey/ 11 rbs/ 1 ast/1 stl
* Northwest led 31:35 of the game, Wheelersburg never led in the game

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:23 pm Northwest 59
Wheelersburg 42 a final

Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Wheelersburg

Scoring ... Devon Lattimore 26, Braylon Rucker 6, Logan Adkins 4, Xander Mowery 2, Landon McGraw 2, Hunter Bivens 2
3 Pointers ... 2/14 … Devon Lattimore 2
FTs ... 12/14
TOs ... 13
PnP ... 10 fgs/ 20 points in the paint
PnT ... 1 fgs/ 2 points in transition
Pbk ... 2 fgs/ 4 points on putback buckets

Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Northwest

Scoring ... Connor Lintz 28, Tanner Bolin 20, Logan Wolfenbarker 5, Jay Jenkins 5, Caleb Lewis 1
3 Pointers ... 3/10 ... Logan Wolfenbarker 1, Connor Lintz 1, Tanner Bolin 1
FTs ... 16/22
TOs ... 10
PnP ... 16 fgs/ 32 points in the paint
PnT ... 0 points in transition
Pbk ... 4 fgs/ 8 points on putback buckets

Bonus Napkin Stats :

* Northwest controlled the boards 41-26
* Northwest went 20/49 (40.6%) from the field … Wheelersburg 14/50 from the floor (28%)
* Connor Lintz (NW) 28 pts/12 for 22 from the floor/12 rbs/ 1 trey/ 2 asts/ 2 stls
* Devon Lattimore (W) 26 pts/ 10 for 20 from the floor/10rbs/ 2 treys/ 3 stls
* Tanner Bolin (NW) 20 pts/ 1 trey/ 11 rbs/ 1 ast/1 stl
* Northwest led 31:35 of the game, Wheelersburg never led in the game
Thank you pfloyd for all you do.

Return to “Boys Basketball”