South Webster 22-3 vs. Leesburg Fairfield 22-3 REGIONAL SEMI

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: South Webster 22-3 vs. Leesburg Fairfield 22-3 REGIONAL SEMI

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Man we sat right behind Fairfield’s bench at Alexander. I felt the heat off Quentin Williams from where I was 🫣

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

It is definitely old school style , which longevity in this day and age will be hard to do. Also winning cures a lot of things , when he has a team not winning as often then that style gets a little more compound.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Rooting for the fighting swankers and sleepy norm to keep it going

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:49 pm Man we sat right behind Fairfield’s bench at Alexander. I felt the heat off Quentin Williams from where I was 🫣
... Coach Williams is let's say "intense" ... right at the Spinal Tap "one louder ... 11 level" ...

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Quinton 's grandpa is a Locust Grove boy between Peebles and Sinking Spring. Phil drives from Peebles to all Fairfield games. Locust Grove is the Old Coach Paul Bakenhester country. Paul used to bring a buggy whip to practice and use it. Old school for sure. Locust Groves teams would run thru a wall to win. And win they did. Quinton is coaching the way he played. He will learn and lose some of the Hoosier persona pretty soon. Time will tell,but; he can coach.

HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

Why is everyone hating on their coach?

Didn’t Norm used to yell at his players and all of the officials in his younger days?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

HERO wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:05 pm Why is everyone hating on their coach?

Didn’t Norm used to yell at his players and all of the officials in his younger days?
Nobodies hating.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:16 pm Rooting for the fighting swankers and sleepy norm to keep it going
Preciatechya. Maybe I’ll catch a feature on the barstool instagram before the game

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:49 pm Man we sat right behind Fairfield’s bench at Alexander. I felt the heat off Quentin Williams from where I was 🫣
He played with the same passion and fire in high school for Fairfield.He was a player. He coached this group of kids all the way up from Jr High. They have all seen this fire and good cop bad cop from day one as players. Kids have bought into it all.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:09 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:16 pm Rooting for the fighting swankers and sleepy norm to keep it going
Preciatechya. Maybe I’ll catch a feature on the barstool instagram before the game
Would love to meet you Swanker, one day I suppose

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:56 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:09 pm
Would love to meet you Swanker, one day I suppose
Ask around. You’ll find me.
Attachments
IMG_0254.jpeg

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

Let a coach be himself. If a coach is intense then let him be intense, if the players respond to it then nothing wrong with it. Some kids you do have to coach different and a coach should understand that but you have to let a coach be himself on the sidelines. Winning does cure all. Intense coaches get a bad rep on how they should "act" on the sidelines. As long as no lines are crossed and he isn't constantly getting T's then he is fine.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Jeeps just got to go in there and punch them boys in the mouth and get it done.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

HERO wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:05 pm Why is everyone hating on their coach?

Yes absolutely he did. But 25 yrs ago this was considered the “Norm” of coaching. Once he established it and kept winning there really wasn’t anything people could say. That Style is not seen in this day and age because society is as soft as tissue paper.

DatAppalachian
Waterboy

Post by DatAppalachian »

I've only had the pleasure of watching FHS in their District Championship game and I thoroughly enjoyed their coach. Having played a decade or three ago I've no issue with a coach that yells and gets, perhaps overly, excited. The key is doing it in such a way that the kids and, probably more importantly, those dastardly parents are okay with it. He seems to have the support of the players and the fans so yell away!

As for the regional semi-final game, I think it will come down to Eli Roberts (#1) for the Jeeps and Logan McIntosh (#11?) for the Lions. Roberts has to string together a couple of quarters -- he has been playing very well this off-season but only in spurts. I'd love to see him take over this game in the post and take advantage of Webster's size advantage.

As for the Lions, I'm calling out McIntosh instead of Friend (#1) because he seems to be their number two. Friend is going to show up and get his, but I'm very confident that Mault (#4) and/or Shupert (#3) can defend him as well as he's seen. If we can stop the transition and make sure that McIntosh doesn't get his 12 points a game then Webster should get the win. I suspect Webster will play a quicker, smaller lineup to stop the fast breaks and impressive half-court bounce passes Friend loves to make.

Basing it on only one game, for the Lions to prevail they need to shut down Roberts, crash the boards (a glaring weakness for such a big Webster team), and run, run, run. The Jeep bench is deep but if Friend and company can move the ball up the court quickly and move it around like I saw in the previous game they could potentially wear the Jeep guard corp out.

Good luck Jeeps. Me and mine will be there cheering you on!

54-48 Jeeps.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Haven’t seen anything posted yet does anyone know if this game is going to be live streamed? Thanks

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Found it looks like nfhsnetwork is going to be carrying the games as this game and northwest is showing up on their site

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

If you haven’t gotten the NFHS Network before, you can search for a coupon code and get 50% for the first month, making it $6 instead of $12.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:50 pm If you haven’t gotten the NFHS Network before, you can search for a coupon code and get 50% for the first month, making it $6 instead of $12.
You can't pay for just one game?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

wobycat wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:21 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:50 pm If you haven’t gotten the NFHS Network before, you can search for a coupon code and get 50% for the first month, making it $6 instead of $12.
You can't pay for just one game?
I don’t think so, I think it’s a monthly subscription that you can quickly cancel. I haven’t done it before, but I know you get lots of other archived games and live games as well.

Return to “Boys Basketball”