How about it.
Can the Jeeps hang with the lions?

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
GoAt 10
JV Team

Re: South Webster 22-3 vs. Leesburg Fairfield 22-3 REGIONAL SEMI

Post by GoAt 10 »

Jeeps should win this handily. Too big for Leesburg Fairfield IMO. Roberts needs to take over early and get the group rolling into the elite 8. Best of luck to the Jeeps

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Good luck Jeeps.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Jeeps 59-35

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Guards match up but no one can with Roberts. If roberts gets his average, give me webster. If he doesn’t, toss up.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

wobycat wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:06 pm Guards match up but no one can with Roberts. If roberts gets his average, give me webster. If he doesn’t, toss up.
Agree with everything that you say. Roberts will probably define how this one turns out. Good luck Jeeps.

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:21 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:06 pm Guards match up but no one can with Roberts. If roberts gets his average, give me webster. If he doesn’t, toss up.
Agree with everything that you say. Roberts will probably define how this one turns out. Good luck Jeeps.
They are way better with Roberts hitting his shots, yes, but It seems to me they showed tonight they can be dangerous when Roberts isn’t hitting shots. Shupert was nails. Roberts also showed can find other ways to get the job done when the shots aren’t falling. played hardest defense I’ve seen him play. Passed the ball well and he sealed the deal by taking the ball to the hoop. saw a team that looked like they’ve got more tools in their bag and Roberts showed he’s willing to do what it takes when it’s not going his way. Surprised and impressed. If the hustle is there, I believe they can go as far as they want.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

The Jeeps should heat up even more being pretty familiar with the convo by the third game. Still have to play with the intensity. Fairfield isn’t any slouch. If Roberts jumper is hitting, Jeeps roll. If it’s not, he’s got to drive to the basket like last night and go up STRONG like swankerpine in the paint and get them free throws.

Jeeps 55
Fairfield 51

Book it

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I don’t think the Jeeps matchup with Friend , sorry but the kid averages a double double from the guard position. Fairfield looked impressive with ball control and passing this one should be close. Hopefully SW pulls it out

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Post by Eugene2009 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:27 pm
I don’t think the Jeeps matchup with Friend , sorry but the kid averages a double double from the guard position. Fairfield looked impressive with ball control and passing this one should be close. Hopefully SW pulls it out
I agree….Friend scares me. He impacts the game in so many ways. Webster will have to play a clean game limiting turnovers & not giving up offensive rebounds. Most of all we need a locked in & focused ER!

123xxx
Freshman Team

Post by 123xxx »

Websters to lose. +6.5 is the line.

SoutheastHoopsWizard
Waterboy

Post by SoutheastHoopsWizard »

Webster should win comfortably. If Roberts walks around the perimeter and Leesburg is physical on the defensive end, then it could be close.
Last edited by SoutheastHoopsWizard on Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Webster has the best player and the coaching edge is huge

South Webster by 19

SoutheastHoopsWizard
Waterboy

Vik wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:30 pm Webster has the best player and the coaching edge is huge

South Webster by 19
Agree on both

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Maybe Webster blows them out, but they didn’t blow out lesser teams the last two rounds, so I just don’t see it.

Webster should win, but I’d put it closer to 8-10 at the high end. Fairfield is in the regionals for a reason and I know people here don’t like Coach Williams’ intensity, but the kids play hard for him and I’ve seen some of his adjustments and he’s just fine.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:46 pm Maybe Webster blows them out, but they didn’t blow out lesser teams the last two rounds, so I just don’t see it.

Webster should win, but I’d put it closer to 8-10 at the high end. Fairfield is in the regionals for a reason and I know people here don’t like Coach Williams’ intensity, but the kids play hard for him and I’ve seen some of his adjustments and he’s just fine.
Williams’ coaching style ain’t for everybody, but winning ain’t for everybody either! Yeah, he yells at his kids and staff a bunch, but he always leaves the huddle coaching ‘em up and bringing it back to positive. He gonna be one of the all-time greats in southeastern Ohio by the time he’s done coaching.

As for this one, Webster and Roberts just too much for Leesburg Fairfield. Jeeps on a mission to get back to State. Give me the Jeeps by a score of 65-57.*

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

The kids respond well to his coaching style too. Kudos to those kids and their parents for allowing them to be coached hard.

For the game, Roberts will present challenges for Leesburg but I think turnovers and 3 pt shooting will be key. Once you get into regionals anything can happen…the best team doesn’t always necessarily win…just the best team that 1 night!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Last edited by Ironman92 on Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:13 pm A fun fact for this one.

Of course many know that South Webster’s coach has 800 wins including 15 times he has led a team to the regionals. 1 time regional champ and 1 time state champion.

On the Fairfield side one of the assistants has led 13 teams to the regionals, 2 time regional champs, 7 time state qualifiers and has coached an individual state champion.
100% on the outstanding assistant Coach Williams has, in fact, I think he’s got a really good all around staff too.

SoutheastHoopsWizard
Waterboy

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:17 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:13 pm A fun fact for this one.

Of course many know that South Webster’s coach has 800 wins including 15 times he has led a team to the regionals. 1 time regional champ and 1 time state champion.

On the Fairfield side one of the assistants has led 13 teams to the regionals, 2 time regional champs, 7 time state qualifiers and has coached an individual state champion.
100% on the outstanding assistant Coach Williams has, in fact, I think he’s got a really good all around staff too.
Thank you Ironman92 for those great facts!
Agree Danicalifornia, Williams also has a solid staff behind him.

He has done well for the start of his career. He has also been dealt some pretty good teams. I think he is a promising young coach whether you agree with how he treats others or not. Personally , i will wait 10 years and see how his teams do when he doesn't have the talent before i crown him as an elite coach at this stage of his coaching career.

We all know nobody wants to play Norms teams, regardless of the talent level.

Return to “Boys Basketball”