D3 Regional Semi-Final, Northwest vs. Malvern

bfry
JV Team

Re: D3 Regional Semi-Final, Northwest vs. Malvern

Post by bfry »

BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:45 pm
IVCguy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:41 pm Nothing necessarily wrong with bias - especially when you know you have it and acknowledge it! Lol

I had to go through Piketon and over to the Peebles/West Union area on business a few weeks ago. Beautiful area.

Is NW in NW Scioto County?
Yes. The Northwest school district borders Portsmouth West, West Union, Peebles ,Piketon, Western Pike and Lucasville Valley. It's the largest district in Scioto County, I believe it's 181 square miles.
184 square miles BBN.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

bfry wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:15 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:45 pm
IVCguy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:41 pm Nothing necessarily wrong with bias - especially when you know you have it and acknowledge it! Lol

I had to go through Piketon and over to the Peebles/West Union area on business a few weeks ago. Beautiful area.

Is NW in NW Scioto County?
Yes. The Northwest school district borders Portsmouth West, West Union, Peebles ,Piketon, Western Pike and Lucasville Valley. It's the largest district in Scioto County, I believe it's 181 square miles.
184 square miles BBN.
Thanks. I knew it was something like like.

IVCguy
Riding the Bench

Post by IVCguy »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:37 pm NW just needs to remember to play physical. The refs in the Regionals are notorious for letting them play so to speak. I think they will definitely have the size advantage.

Sad the OH$AA won't let anyone stream the game. Think it will be a good one to watch.
I was told by a Hiland coach that you can watch live streaming for $6. Can't remember the site, but if you Google it, hopefully you can find it.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

IVCHAWKS wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:18 pm And Malvern playing at the convo for the first time ever can be a very eye opening experience,and with the depth perception behind the basket can throw you off, I'm assuming they will get to come down and practice on the floor since the other southeast teams have already played there
The Convo definitely throws off your depth perception and takes some getting use to. Definitely an advantage for NW.

IVCguy
Riding the Bench

Post by IVCguy »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:37 pm Sad the OH$AA won't let anyone stream the game. Think it will be a good one to watch.
Go to NFHS Network, pay your 6 bucks and you are in business. It's $12 but look for a 50% off coupon. It's a subscription service. I've been told it is easy to cancel. You will get to see all of the rest of the boys and girls tourny games. Pretty good deal.

WTUZ is doing the game on radio and you can listen to the game live on their website. While they won't be insufferable homers, they will be doing the game for Malvern fans. Immediately after the game, they will post the video of the game on their YouTube channel and you can watch that for free.

bucs40
Freshman Team

Post by bucs40 »

When and what time is this game??

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

IVCguy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:41 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:37 pm Sad the OH$AA won't let anyone stream the game. Think it will be a good one to watch.
Go to NFHS Network, pay your 6 bucks and you are in business. It's $12 but look for a 50% off coupon. It's a subscription service. I've been told it is easy to cancel. You will get to see all of the rest of the boys and girls tourny games. Pretty good deal.

WTUZ is doing the game on radio and you can listen to the game live on their website. While they won't be insufferable homers, they will be doing the game for Malvern fans. Immediately after the game, they will post the video of the game on their YouTube channel and you can watch that for free.
Yeah NFHS easy to cancel and subscription good for a month to catch more games. Cheaper than going to the game

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

bucs40 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:38 pm When and what time is this game??
NFSH network showing 13th at 6pm

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:04 pm Congrats and good luck against Malvern. Northwest is the best team in Scioto County and there still whining about the refs and even calling them by name on the other thread. lol Itnt it ridiculous they can't get it out of there heads that Northwest ran all over them and think certain refs made them lose. Sorry commentary I think! Make Southern Ohio proud this week !

I know a lot of the posters on the "other thread", there may be 1 or 2 but the vast majority are not NW folks.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

bucs40 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:38 pm When and what time is this game??
Convo, Athens, Ohio at 6 pm tonight.

Scarberry played for Danny Nee at Ohio University

NW is the largest district as far as square miles goes at 184 but we are no longer one of the larger schools in student population. We have 324 students in the building daily.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

This may already have been asked but is there any radio station in or around Scioto county that will be covering the game for Northwest tonight? They’ve been streamed on BMG media up until tonight.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

Dundas wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:35 am This may already have been asked but is there any radio station in or around Scioto county that will be covering the game for Northwest tonight? They’ve been streamed on BMG media up until tonight.
Should be on WNXT 99.3 FM

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

Actually just heard it’s on 95.7 fm and 1260 am

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

bfry wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:44 am
Dundas wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:35 am This may already have been asked but is there any radio station in or around Scioto county that will be covering the game for Northwest tonight? They’ve been streamed on BMG media up until tonight.
Should be on WNXT 99.3 FM
Thanks!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Game day. Let's go Mohawks.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Tied at 21 after one.

Connor Lintz with 12 already, Jenkins doing a pretty good job on Barrino. The press hasn’t impacted the game for NW, just they are struggling defensively.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

21 all end of first quarter

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Refs taking over. 3 fouls in 5 seconds on Northwest

packers80