D II Regionals @ the Convo

Whs95fan
S

D II Regionals @ the Convo

Post by Whs95fan »

Maysville and Hartley start things off Thursday night at 6:15 followed by Tri Valley and Warren.

Go Blue
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: D II Regionals @ the Convo

Post by danicalifornia »

Game 1 starts at 6

I really think this could be a wide open regional. I’m going to take Tri-Valley to win, but it wouldn’t surprise me if any of the four win it.

muskiefan11
JV Team

Post by muskiefan11 »

Don’t know a ton about Hartley other than they’ve got some size and are ultra athletic. They want to get up and down the floor. Watched some of their district final vs River Valley, doesn’t appear they shoot the ball well and struggle with HC O.

Maysville is fueled by Alex Bobb who is an absolute monster averaging 27+. He has hit some massive shots this season when Maysville needed them the most. If he’s across HC he’s in range. They also want to get up and down and push the tempo and want to get their shooters open. Bobb will get his, it will come down to if their Sophs Nichols/Watson, and Sr Armstead can help him score.

muskiefan11
JV Team

Post by muskiefan11 »

TV has a ton of size, I believe 5-6 kids in the 6’3-6’5 range who are athletes. They have played a challenging schedule with multiple D1 schools to prepare them for this moment and return all but 2 guys from last year. I question how skilled they are at times but they have a wide variety of offensive options and defend. Also beat a really good East Liverpool team by 20 in the district final.

Warren is one of the premier programs in SEO. Coach Maddox is an outstanding coach. I know they have Taylor and a host of talented juniors, especially Stadelman. Warren won’t do anything fancy, they will simply make you stay disciplined and grind out a win. Not sure how Warren matches up with TV, quick guards can give TV issues, but Maddox will have a plan. I expect the Warriors to be back in this position next year.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Hartley vs Tri Valley in the Finals. Outstanding 4 teams.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Saw Hartley play North Adams at Shawnee State in December, and the Hawks edged the Green Devils 56-55, a game in which NA led most of the way but struggled vs. BH's press in the 4th quarter. They have some good size, and are very athletic, but they didn't shoot the ball all that well.....but that was just from watching 1 game.

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Is the NFHS Network the only way to watch the Warren regional semifinal game?

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Post by IVCHAWKS »

Maysville has no answer for Hartley tonight, Hartley looks way to alethlic for Maysville, and Maysville being the no 1 seed in the east district,I'm not sure why Maysville jump in to play central district winner
Last edited by IVCHAWKS on Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Hookshot wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:37 pm Is the NFHS Network the only way to watch the Warren regional semifinal game?
Love yes, there will be a taped delay game on YouTube after the game is over.

Go Blue
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Once again, I’ll never get wanting to play the Central first instead of the SE when you have the choice.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

IVCHAWKS wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:40 pm Maysville has no answer for Hartley tonight, Hartley looks way to alethlic for Maysville, and Maysville being the no 1 seed in the east district,I'm not sure why Maysville jump in to play central district winner
2nd year in a row they have done it.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:43 pm Once again, I’ll never get wanting to play the Central first instead of the SE when you have the choice.
I know they’ve cut it to 3, but I stand by this.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:43 pm Once again, I’ll never get wanting to play the Central first instead of the SE when you have the choice.
It’s probably misguided thinking that it’s preferable to have an opportunity to be the “observer” (if you win the 6pm game) than to be observed in the 8pm game. Swinging for the fences to make a path to Dayton clearer, rather than taking the more attainable base hit in the Sweet 16.

Some teams are probably positioned well enough to do make that calculated risk. Maysville doesn’t strike me as a team where rolling the dice makes sense.

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Post by SouthEast Hoops Fan »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:00 pm
I know they’ve cut it to 3, but I stand by this.
You there in person or live stream?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Oh snap lol

Congrats, Maysville!

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Post by SouthEast Hoops Fan »

Wow, Maysville. Surprised.

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Post by allOhiotraveler »

For everyone not watching, Alex Bobb for Maysville banks in a 3 at the buzzer for Maysville to win 50-49. That buzzer beater is the first time Maysville led all game long.

This region by far has the most parity. We should see another great game soon and a great regional title Saturday.

If Warren wants to make it to Dayton, it will have to beat the best the MVL has to offer (New Lexington, Tri Valley, then Maysville)

muskiefan11
JV Team

Post by muskiefan11 »

It was just a matter of time till “Big Shot Bobb” lived up to the nickname. Watson was the difference maker, what an absolutely monster 3rd quarter from the sophomore.

Missed layups did Hartley in.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Pretty awesome comeback by Maysville and a fantastic way to win it!

A great way to shake off the ghosts of last year.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Tri Valley was going into SE bracket No matter what. Maysville chose to Not play them in District finals. Thus they chose the Columbus bracket.

Return to “Boys Basketball”