Regional Championship THE South Webster Jeeps vs Berlin Hiland

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Re: Regional Championship THE South Webster Jeeps vs Berlin Hiland

Post by Lovehoops1 »

People can dog Fenton all you want but who do you think did most of the in game stuff all year. We were even told to listen to him for the time outs bc head coach can't call them isn't able and head coach is only one on bench allowed to call them. It's been almost comical to see people put praise on one and blame on the other when it's been same guy all along all year.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:01 pm What year was it that SW won the state title?

The year the ironton kid came in and won it for them?

Was that their second or third state championship 🏆?

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Gray Cat wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:55 pm
Pinwheel wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:53 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:27 pm Roberts fouled under the basket again. Surprise no call as he goes to the floor

Them that refs are just out to get poor ole southwebstern peeps 😂😂😆😂

Cost you all another state title ,bunch a homers
😂😂😂

The 💩 finally hit the fan is what happened.

In more ways then 1 😂😂😂😆😂😆😂

123xxx
Freshman Team

Post by 123xxx »

Hookshot - In real time, yes I did. I didn’t see the replay. I thought the defenders displaced his legs and grabbed his jersey. I’ll be happy to retract if I see the replay. But yes, I thought he got fouled late in OT.

As I said previously, I also thought White’s foul was absolutely intentional in real time. He physically tackled him.

But again, I thought Hiland was more conditioned. That’s why they won and Webster couldn’t finish. The refs had nothing to do with the outcome IMO.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:41 pm You guys can quote me and @ me all night. Not bothered by it. I watched the game with own eyes and will stand by what I said. My team made it farther than your team probably by 4 games. Congratulations to Hiland. We’ll be back next year even better
I get the frustrations but once you come down off the loss you might see the refs didn’t cost that game. SW had a 14 point lead in the 1st half at one point they couldn’t score in the 3rd. Player missed the easiest layup you’ll ever get in the 4th, Eli misses 2 FT attempts late in the 4, he travels on a pass to the cutter who had the lane. They couldn’t guard Detwiler all night. The tackle on the layup by SW was 100 💯 a flagrant but wasn’t called. Now I won’t deny that calls were missed both ways but in no way shape or form did the refs cost it. Ppl remember the last play and blame a game on it but SW blew golden opportunities to put them away in the 4th and didn’t. Last shot in regulation they showed the replay he wasn’t fouled not from that angle kid had ball and he was lucky to toss it up. Also Hiland had 5 fouls to Jeeps 2 in the 4th halfway in the quarter and they didn’t capitalize but no one remembers that part either. Great game by SW and I think the tank was empty they caught Hiland on an off night and just fell short no shame in it and a great season.
Last edited by greygoose on Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DatAppalachian
Waterboy

Post by DatAppalachian »

Great season and an even better game Jeeps! Even the biggest Jeep fans are surprised by the success this year and proud to be represented by such a great group of young men.

The difference in this game was the Hawk's defense -- The Jeeps haven't seen defense half that good, physical, and in your face all year. They fought through it for 3 periods, but just like body shots in boxing it all added up and The Jeeps were exhausted at the end. Very impressive defense by the Hawks.

Refs were letting them play and there were one or two obvious missed calls both ways. But when you lead by double digits the first 3 periods and then give up the first lead change with 30 seconds left in OT it's pretty obvious that the refs had little effect compared to the Hawk's defense.

Ignore the haters! They're either jealous we knocked them out of the tournament or that they're not coaching our boys. Can't wait until next year!

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

Lovehoops1 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:38 pm Wow at the time outs Fenton was drawing up plays Norm just looking around lost. It's unbelievable SW underachieving again this team just let it get away. Can't miss 2 FT in regulation and the travel turn over was HUGE. Congratulations Berlin Hiland great game
SW’s players did not lose that game. Anyone who watched Webster all year long could have anticipated the ending of the game if they stuck to their usual strategy. You have a 17 point lead, and you blow it by trying to play stall ball. That was despicable. Embarrassing for Scioto County to be truthful. Hats off to the kids. They played some of the best ball they’ve played all year. They should not have lost. I said it at the beginning of the year, and it holds true. Coaching will beat them in the tournament not the kids. It did. I just did not expect it from a coach with that many wins. Spalding out.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Now to go into the Richmond Heights invitational at Dayton

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:19 pm Now to go into the Richmond Heights invitational at Dayton
This.

Webster or hiland would be 20 point underdogs in the next two games.

Great run by the jeeps.

DatAppalachian
Waterboy

Post by DatAppalachian »

Spalding22 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:15 pm
Lovehoops1 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:38 pm Wow at the time outs Fenton was drawing up plays Norm just looking around lost. It's unbelievable SW underachieving again this team just let it get away. Can't miss 2 FT in regulation and the travel turn over was HUGE. Congratulations Berlin Hiland great game
SW’s players did not lose that game. Anyone who watched Webster all year long could have anticipated the ending of the game if they stuck to their usual strategy. You have a 17 point lead, and you blow it by trying to play stall ball. That was despicable. Embarrassing for Scioto County to be truthful. Hats off to the kids. They played some of the best ball they’ve played all year. They should not have lost. I said it at the beginning of the year, and it holds true. Coaching will beat them in the tournament not the kids. It did. I just did not expect it from a coach with that many wins. Spalding out.
You've got some major animosity you need to talk out with a professional. You insisted the coaches were going to lose the season and every game in the tournament. Congrats on finally having some proof for your season long "coaches are going to ruin it for the Jeeps" theory. As the old saying goes: 1 out of 23 ain't bad.

Seriously, I don't know what Coach Persin or Coach Fenton ever did to you but you need to take some deep breaths and accept that they're the coaches and that this season superceded just about every expectation. You look as petty as the diaper guy that everyone is ignoring due to his obvious immaturity and need for attention.

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

Hahaha and you must not be a basketball guy at all. Rather just an internet sleuth who has taken an interest in my posts. Animosity, no, my friend. Just a person who is sad for the kids. The only real coach who seems to be a student of the craft rather than a political wonder chasing talent is Woodward from Burg. Estep can get a nod too. Those guys wouldn’t lose with advantages like that. If you can’t see what I saw, well, again, one doesn’t know what one doesn’t know.

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:36 pm 21 turnovers
That is a lot. How many in the 3rd and 4th? Seems to be when the stall ball nonsense, as well as the substitution issues were apparent.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

There it is. I don’t want to hear about Webster’s coaching or the refs. You turn the ball over 21 times against a real team, you lose. Period.

Backcourt has been an issue in big games all year for Webster.*

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Spalding22 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:38 pm
That is a lot. How many in the 3rd and 4th? Seems to be when the stall ball nonsense, as well as the substitution issues were apparent.
No no no…keep blaming the hall of fame coach for this loss. No reason to stop now.*

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Great season Jeeps.

swjeep4
Waterboy

Post by swjeep4 »

Has SW ever beat Hiland in any sport? I can’t recall a time I remember them beating them in basketball, soccer, anything… Boys or girls for that matter.

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:40 pm
Spalding22 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:38 pm
No no no…keep blaming the hall of fame coach for this loss. No reason to stop now.*
Ahhh, the “reasonable” Art Vandelay. No thanks. Just very disappointing. The logic is there for you my friend.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

swjeep4 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:43 pm Has SW ever beat Hiland in any sport? I can’t recall a time I remember them beating them in basketball, soccer, anything… Boys or girls for that matter.
The SE District is like 10-250 against Hiland…not sure if it’s even 10.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ouch, couple that with no scoring in the 3rd, a missed wide open layup late in the game, 2 missed FTs late. Also in the 4th Hiland had 5 team fouls halfway thru the 4th to SW 2, could’ve attacked and shot FTs rest of the way.

Return to “Boys Basketball”