Regional Championship THE South Webster Jeeps vs Berlin Hiland

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Re: Regional Championship THE South Webster Jeeps vs Berlin Hiland

Post by Hoopster98 »

Yep and he will be done after this year.

IVCguy
Riding the Bench

Post by IVCguy »

Two really good coaches.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

For Webster to win, ER has to get 25+ and someone will need to get in double figures beside Sommers. Berlin shoots a high percentage. Webster may have to press in this one. Not sure if that's in their tool bag but I think they need to keep Hiland from getting into their offense.

BasketballFan22
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan22 »

Good Luck Jeeps!

They will need to come ready to play, Berlin has some discipline in their passing and waiting for open shots. If Webster can throw them off, they will have a better chance!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Hoopster98 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:19 am Yep and he will be done after this year.
Good thing Fenton and Shiloah are soaking it all up.

Sounds like the Jeeps don’t have a chance against the hawks

IVCguy
Riding the Bench

Post by IVCguy »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:27 am
Hoopster98 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:19 am Yep and he will be done after this year.

I think most Hiland fans will acknowledge that S Web is a clear favorite in this matchup.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

IVCguy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:31 am

I think most Hiland fans will acknowledge that S Web is a clear favorite in this matchup.
Why’s that? What’s BH size? I wasn’t able to catch your game yesterday except the final minute.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

4th game at the convo for the Jeeps. Basically a home game at this point. I think Shuperts gonna explode this time. He got that secret stuff

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Best wishes to The Jeeps!

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

First off, Best of Luck to the JEEPS!!! It's gonna be a good game, but I don't see how Hiland fans would acknowledge Webster being the CLEAR FAVORITE.... With Hiland having eight straight District Titles, four Final 4s, and a State Runner Up in the past 8 seasons.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

JeepNation26 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:02 am

First off, Best of Luck to the JEEPS!!! It's gonna be a good game, but I don't see how Hiland fans would acknowledge Webster being the CLEAR FAVORITE.... With Hiland having eight straight District Titles, four Final 4s, and a State Runner Up in the past 8 seasons.
They are beatable, they just don't beat themselves. Webster is going to go have to compete from opening tip to buzzer to win it. They have the tools to do it.

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:05 am
They are beatable, they just don't beat themselves. Webster is going to go have to compete from opening tip to buzzer to win it. They have the tools to do it.
I knew there would be at least one Burg fan pulling for the Jeeps. But didn't think it would be Ol Wobycat :D

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

BasketballFan22 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:38 am Good Luck Jeeps!

They will need to come ready to play, Berlin has some discipline in their passing and waiting for open shots. If Webster can throw them off, they will have a better chance!
I believe Webster can get the job done, and I agree with you that discipline will be the key. I get Timothy has some defensive lapses, but i they should be working with him, because his issues can be easily fixed. Timothy could make a huge difference if they utilize him the right way. From here on out, the difference will be coaching. I hope Persin can control his short fuse, and focus on a winning strategy over his displeasure with kids for one bad play. Guy just seems to want to yank players from the game at inappropriate times. There is no time for trivial things now. Hats off to the coaching staff for getting them this far, and i hope they tidy up some things for Friday. I still don't believe we have seen the best version of the SW jeeps yet, but i think they are close, and i hope the coaching staff can prepare them.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

JeepNation26 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:09 am

I knew there would be at least one Burg fan pulling for the Jeeps. But didn't think it would be Ol Wobycat :D
I'm not swanky. :D He's just an easy target.

Plus I always root for burg kids, no matter what jersey they wear. Lol

All Joking aside, I agree with Spalding 22. They have the team to beat this Berlin Hiland Team. They have to want it though beacause Hiland is good. I watched them play Ottawa Glandorf within three points and Webster reminds me of Ottawa Glandorf.

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:54 am

All Joking aside, I agree with Spalding 22. They have the team to beat this Berlin Hiland Team. They have to want it though beacause Hiland is good. I watched them play Ottawa Glandorf within three points and Webster reminds me of Ottawa Glandorf.
Swanker is so giddy, I think he just starts hitting keys before he realizes he has to calm down and type actual words. Exciting times for the quiet community of South Webster.

IVCguy
Riding the Bench

Post by IVCguy »

Bingo. Give this man a cigar!

Hiland is a depleted team. The last month of the reg season they lost 3 main cogs to injury: ACLs and a broken ankle. They lost their 6-7 kid and the rim protection and inside-out offense that came with him. They played a game against Strasburg a few weeks ago and looked terrible. They have had just a couple of weeks to figure out how to play small ball on offense and defense. I'm very, very surprised they are even in this game.

I think SW is the favorite mainly because of size and a couple of matchups. Persin knows how to leverage those match up advantages, so...

The argument for Hiland? They have a proud tradition, they play extremely hard, they defend, they do all of the fundamentals well, and they have an excellent coaching staff. No one scouts, prepares, and game plans better than they do. I'm sure they have seen SW no less than 12 times throughout the season.

But they lost some important Jimmies that would help them match up with SW's Joes. All of that other stuff Hiland does well only comes into play if the Joes help the Jimmies out with poor play. So, maybe this is a test of whether the Jimmies and Joes do trump the Xs and Os.

I have seen Mark Schlabach win games in these circumstances. If the game can be won, he will have the plan to do it, but there are a couple of matchups that are a problem for him in this one.

Hiland can flip the script in their favor with some very hot shooting from 3, but that is a hard thing to plan to get - it's one of those things that just happens sometimes. But Hiland has kids who are capable and everyone on the floor will contribute.

The team that can keep their turnovers down to 12 or less, shoots a better percentage, and out-rebounds the other will win. Kinda cliche. You can say that about every game, but SW is in better positioned to do that and that's why I think they are the favorite. FWIW
Last edited by IVCguy on Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:54 am

Yeah Swanky brings most of it on himself, I agree Webster will have to play a good clean game and definitely can't turn the ball over or Hiland will make them pay. They'll have to keep up their defense they've had the past few games and force Hiland into taking bad shots and out rebound them. Someone will have to step up and make an impact beside Roberts and Sommer.

BasketballFan22
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan22 »

Spalding22 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:42 am
BasketballFan22 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:38 am Good Luck Jeeps!

I believe Webster can get the job done, and I agree with you that discipline will be the key. I get Timothy has some defensive lapses, but i they should be working with him, because his issues can be easily fixed. Timothy could make a huge difference if they utilize him the right way. From here on out, the difference will be coaching. I hope Persin can control his short fuse, and focus on a winning strategy over his displeasure with kids for one bad play. Guy just seems to want to yank players from the game at inappropriate times. There is no time for trivial things now. Hats off to the coaching staff for getting them this far, and i hope they tidy up some things for Friday. I still don't believe we have seen the best version of the SW jeeps yet, but i think they are close, and i hope the coaching staff can prepare them.
I’ve been saying that all season. Jack has already done great down low for them. Then they pull him for something ridiculous. He’s use to the more physical style of play from being from basically the euro league type play.

He’s also one of my favorite on the team because of his hard work.

Return to “Boys Basketball”