Regional Championship THE South Webster Jeeps vs Berlin Hiland

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Re: Regional Championship THE South Webster Jeeps vs Berlin Hiland

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Wow at the time outs Fenton was drawing up plays Norm just looking around lost. It's unbelievable SW underachieving again this team just let it get away. Can't miss 2 FT in regulation and the travel turn over was HUGE. Congratulations Berlin Hiland great game

HHS
Waterboy

Post by HHS »

Lots of friendly whistles for the Jeeps. Refs had nothing to do with this result.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

You guys can quote me and @ me all night. Not bothered by it. I watched the game with own eyes and will stand by what I said. My team made it farther than your team probably by 4 games. Congratulations to Hiland. We’ll be back next year even better

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

This was a great game to watch. Hiland just doesn’t go away and they always battle.

South Webster played well, but I really don’t understand their last play in regulation or their last play in OT. They didn’t run anything it was just give the ball to Robert’s and get out of the way

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Jeeps on an outstanding season.

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:41 pm You guys can quote me and @ me all night. Not bothered by it. I watched the game with own eyes and will stand by what I said. My team made it farther than your team probably by 4 games. Congratulations to Hiland. We’ll be back next year even better
Yea just like when SW tackled the kid for the and 1 and should have been an intentional or a flagrant since it wasn't a basketball play.

123xxx
Freshman Team

Post by 123xxx »

With 8 seconds what are you going “to run?” You give it to your best player, don’t screen because you bring a double team and see what happens.

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

SouthEast Hoops Fan wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:14 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:12 pm These refs are absolute trash. Hiland can play one degree away from sexual assault
You’re not allowed to criticize or comment on referees and style of calling a game.
Referee's "style of calling a game" as you stated it IS a reasonable thing to comment or even criticize. Having said that, this game was not nearly as physical as other recent tournament games I've seen (watched a lot of games already). I did not see inside armbars or referees permitting two hands or holds in the paint in this game like I have other games. Teams often foul Taylor (Warren) and Kendall (Marietta) numerous times a game without calls. And when a game is called according to the rule book, these two guys score big time. Recent example, if the New Lex vs. Marietta game had been called like this one, Kendall would have had 30 or so and the game not all that close. It's just the way it goes and you can coach around it. In this game I did not see many non-calls. But of course everyone is entitled to their own opinions about any of this -- coaching, officiating, etc.

Crazykid33
Waterboy

Post by Crazykid33 »

Good run this season by the Jeeps.

123xxx
Freshman Team

Post by 123xxx »

People are going to talk about the refs, I agree with Swank, Roberts got fouled. I also agree it should have been intentional for White. But the bottom line, it should have ended in regulation with the Jeeps win. They just ran out of gas. Hiland was the more conditioned team and the Jeeps made enough mistakes. These games are so close. Just one thing here, or one thing there. Both teams played hard. I was super proud of Jeeps. I thought they played their heart out.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Sportsfan01 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:41 pm This was a great game to watch. Hiland just doesn’t go away and they always battle.

South Webster played well, but I really don’t understand their last play in regulation or their last play in OT. They didn’t run anything it was just give the ball to Robert’s and get out of the way
That’s all Fenton knows how to do. It’s going to be more of the same with him at the helm next season. Unless Roberts decides to make a move.

swjeep4
Waterboy

Post by swjeep4 »

I can think of 2 layups- one a fast break gimme and one wide open- that are the difference in SW not winning this game…

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

123xxx wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:48 pm People are going to talk about the refs, I agree with Swank, Roberts got fouled. I also agree it should have been intentional for White. But the bottom line, it should have ended in regulation with the Jeeps win. They just ran out of gas. Hiland was the more conditioned team and the Jeeps made enough mistakes. These games are so close. Just one thing here, or one thing there. Both teams played hard. I was super proud of Jeeps. I thought they played their heart out.
Do you think Roberts was fouled underneath the basket near the end of overtime? Not arguing, just asking for confirmation that's the play you are referring to.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

SW just ran into a better team. SW almost pulled off the upset. Great season

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

swjeep4 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:49 pm I can think of 2 layups- one a fast break gimme and one wide open- that are the difference in SW not winning this game…
Yep and 2 missed FTs by Eli at late in the 4th. Seemed like the pressure just got to SW, I also don’t know how much in the tank they had left that 1st half was high pressure defense.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:27 pm Roberts fouled under the basket again. Surprise no call as he goes to the floor

Them that refs are just out to get poor ole southwebstern peeps 😂😂😆😂

Cost you all another state title ,bunch a homers

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:12 pm These refs are absolute trash. Hiland can play one degree away from sexual assault

:lol: 🤣

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Hookshot wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:50 pm
123xxx wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:48 pm People are going to talk about the refs, I agree with Swank, Roberts got fouled. I also agree it should have been intentional for White. But the bottom line, it should have ended in regulation with the Jeeps win. They just ran out of gas. Hiland was the more conditioned team and the Jeeps made enough mistakes. These games are so close. Just one thing here, or one thing there. Both teams played hard. I was super proud of Jeeps. I thought they played their heart out.
Do you think Roberts was fouled underneath the basket near the end of overtime? Not arguing, just asking for confirmation that's the play you are referring to.
They showed a replay online and it didn’t look like he was fouled guy almost caused a jump ball he was lucky to get what shot he got off. Honestly I get you want to get it to Eli but the play was drawn up wrong they were crashing him hard Summers should’ve been an option.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Pinwheel wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:53 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:27 pm Roberts fouled under the basket again. Surprise no call as he goes to the floor

Them that refs are just out to get poor ole southwebstern peeps 😂😂😆😂

Cost you all another state title ,bunch a homers
😂😂😂

The 💩 finally hit the fan is what happened.

Crazykid33
Waterboy

Post by Crazykid33 »

The refs in that game were out to get the jeeps tonight, but you can blame it just on the refs.

Return to “Boys Basketball”