Annnnnd 2023-24 Boys Hoops Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line is in the books ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Annnnnd 2023-24 Boys Hoops Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line is in the books ...

Post by pfloyd »

... just like that, the 2023-24 boys hoops season is over in Southern/SouthEast Ohio ... what began waaaay back in that first week of December as I went to the Eastern Pike get together with Huntington and Western Pike vs Piketon in a double OT thriller on a Friday night ... ends appropriately with watching the last SE Ohio team standing in boys basketball - MY number one ranked team Warren playing in the D2 Regional Final vs Maysville ...once again we had 2 SE district teams play for a chance to go to the Final Four in 2 different divisions - South Webster in D3 and Warren in D2 ... both falling short in their respective regional final ...

... I had eyes on/kept napkin stats for 118 games ... was able to make 22 of the 24 Basketball :30 Games at the Convo for district and regional play ... sadly based on the new format with 7 divisions for the upcoming season in 24-25 it is highly doubtful that we will ever have 24 District/Regional games at the Convocation Center on the campus of Ohio University ... makes me sad as I, as many of the high school hoops fans Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line, have been going to the Convocation Center for the post season 24+ years ... was one of the few present for the last game of the 2020 Covid shortened post season on March 11th ... we finally got back what we lost THIS year! all of the district games - semi's & finals along with the regional games in D2,3,4 - life was good again ... but as I posted, it doesn't appear as if life as we know it will continue - April OHSAA meetings will shed light on the subject I've been told ...

... would like to thank all of the wonderful folks I met up with throughout my Pfloyd Tour this past winter - the officiating crews, coaches, players' families, newspaper/radio/tv broadcasting crews, school ADs & personnel and the fans of the 72 teams in the SE District, along with the SEOPs posters I've met along the way over the years ... I was always made to feel comfortable wherever I went - wherever I went was home in the cheap seats ... thank you ...

... when you've been doing this for as long as I have you can't help but make friends - we all love the game of basketball, an instant connection ..unfortunately we lose "friends" over the years - this year was no exception , Brad Morris - sports editor in Circleville was missed during the season with his input from the Northwest Territories as "bman" ... many posters simply have moved on and off of SEOPs - I92, 93bulldog being 2 of the best we had over the entire time I have been on SEOPs - their input was missed because they KNOW what they are talking about and kept us all real and grounded ... maybe a return in 2024-25 ??? we'll see ...

... as for pfloyd? I will be officially retired from "my day job" on May 24th ... not sure if seeing 118 is a record but it is for me LOL ... good weather, good health, love of the game all contributed to me getting out there ... next season there is no excuse for not seeing MORE than the 118 games of this past year ... 3 1/2 napkin stat books of stats/in game comments /memories of a great hoops season!!!

... Pfloyd will be taking a break ... going to head to my "happy place" in a week - Key West - to regroup ... breathe and move on ... wishing all of you the BEST! thank you for reading my "stuff" and making "quality" comments while giving us all good information about teams/players/coaches here Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RollCoal
JV Team

Re: Annnnnd 2023-24 Boys Hoops Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line is in the books ...

Post by RollCoal »

Enjoy your trip! Hard to believe basketball season is over for another year.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Annnnnd 2023-24 Boys Hoops Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line is in the books ...

Post by Dundas »

Thank you for the great coverage again this season @pfloyd! It was GREAT to see you at the Convo! Enjoy your vacation and recharge those batteries!

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Another great year of hoops in seo in the books. Appreciate all the write ups and insight along the way this season.

Go Blue
wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

I for one am very great full for yours and the other posts about SEO basketball....having lived in the far far west state of Ariozna
this is the only way I can really follow my beloved Trojans...it appears coach has his hands full next season in finding ways to
win the tough arena of SEO basketball,,,but he will find a way..
Congrats on your upcoming retirement,,,get ready to really get busy...lol
enjoy the trip to Florida
Thank you,
Wipalawalt

Return to “Boys Basketball”