Nelsonville-York Football History

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I only have 6 seasons left to research! 1996-2001. After that, I will have all of NY Buckeye Football history recorded!!! :-D

The biggest highlight that sticks out from the seasons I researched today was in 1991 when NY hosted Columbus Bishop Ready. The Silver Knights were highly ranked in their region at the time, and many people picked Ready to win this game. The Buckeyes came away with a 20-14 victory and shocked a lot of people!!! The Silver Knights had dominated the central Ohio catholic schools in the early season and the Buckeyes came out with the win.

The game came in Week 9 and was played because the NY versus Wellston game had been cancelled. In the spring of 1991, Wellston informed the TVC schools that they had budget problems and might not be able to field a football team in the fall of '91. It turned out that the Wellston Athletic Boosters raised enough money to put forth a team. However, by that time, the TVC schools had already signed contracts with other schools. NY picked up Bishop Ready to replace Wellston that year. Wellston did play football in 1991, but had to play an independant schedule because of the budget situation.

Return to “Southeastern Ohio Sports History”