Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Final Standings

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
tripledoubleforlife
Waterboy

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Final Standings

Post by tripledoubleforlife »

Dont think that Marietta should be in the top ten. For the size of the school they are not the greatest team out there. There are some so called Tree- huggers they could definatly beat Marietta.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

pfloyd,

As always, thanks for a tremendous job on keeping us informed of the top teams in the Southeast. You should start a newsletter. It would probably sell. I also loved your unbiased opinion and the fact that you get out and see some of these teams play.

My hope is the Cavs get a nice tourney run together and make it back up to the rightful place where I want our program to be. You can't be #1 every year, but this ole Cav is greedy. Your Elite 8 gives me something to hang my hat on when I am talking to people. I will take your rankings over the State AP any day.

GO CAVS!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks hitch ... I pride myself in "knowing" the teams I post about - of the teams on my list I have seen 32 of the teams in action this season ... many of them more than once ... it's always a pleasure to see TEAMS as your Cavs, the Logan Elms, the Zanesvilles, the Greenfield McClains, the Chesapeakes, the North Adams, Wheelersburgs, etc. ... there IS a difference between teams and TEAMS ... again I appreciate the kind words and your support from Cavs Country - best of luck in the post season ... look forward to catching up with Chilli back at the Convo ...

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

Thanks Floyd for your hard work, dedication, and support for all coaches and players in southeastern ohio. You are a class act, and you have a good judgement of talent of the game. Therefore, you deserve all the respect. I agree with the other post, I enjoy reading your opinions, and I look forward to seeing your weekly list.

Maybe there can be some post-season addition to the regular season lists...like a "who's who of the best" report. One thing for sure....For any team below the Lancaster-Dixon line, we should ALL be supporting teams in Southern Ohio in the tourney. Our area of the state is getting stronger year by year, and it's our time...Good luck to all teams!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks Coach Kelley ... I wish the best for your Piketon squad ... look forward to getting another chance to see Evan Legg and the Redstreaks at the Convo in the next couple of weeks ... make sure the boys are focused vs that Eastern Brown squad tomorrow night ... haven't had the opportunity to see your PHS boyz since early in the season vs Clark Montessori ... keep everyone healthy down on Rt. 23 ( with the "illness" going around Southern Ohio the "bug" might be a major "derailer" of the big dogs heading toward the Convo) ...

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

In less the 24 hours the number one team will fall prey to the MEN OF TROY

GO TROJANS!!!

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Thanks for your unbiased commentary on another basketball season. Hopefully, I will get a chance to meet you when I come up to Logan , Saturday , to watch Vinton County vs Gallia Acadamy.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Great job, pfloyd, as always.......good to talk to you at Logan.......

My Trojans had the biggest fall.......all the way up to #3 early on, then fell like a rock..........barely hanging on to "honorable mention".........maybe we can get some self esteem back by beating North Adams.......easier said than done.

GO TROJANS!!!

See you at the Convo, pfloyd, whether or not the Trojans are there..........

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Can't believe another regular season is over. Nothing like high school basketball, especially tournament time.

Don't know how many games 4-Ever and I will make to the Convo, but meself and a lot of other "oldies" are expecterd to be there for the district Division II finals on March 13 for some kind of appreciation honor for supporting prep basketball in many differant ways for the past 50 or so years.

Again, thanks for all your hard work on the ratings and comments during the past three and one-half months.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”