Pfloyd's Preseason Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio 09.10

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Re: Pfloyd's Preseason Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio 09.10

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Wow....Piketon spanked Hillsboro 68-50 and it could've been worse!

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Bloom-Carroll 73
Zane Trace 69

3 OT

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Vinton County over Paint Valley tonight...79-54. VC played their bench players just about an entire half altogether. Nice to see Wiseman and Chesser really take advantage of some varsity time! Wiseman really impressed me tonight with his hustle!! Good job by the Vikings as they got out early and got the W. VC's starters really pushed the ball alot and made it an uptempo game..I think VC scored 16 points or so before PV finally got on the board. Paint Valley really got it going at the end of the 1st half and into the second as their shots started falling. PV played hard and really huslted all night long..also, the PV fans were really loud all night which was good too see. They stayed behind the kids and really got rowdy in the 3rd when PV had the lead cut to about 15. Good job by all though..I could deffinatly see some early season rust from VC..but all in all, they played solid. VC will have a long layoff...8 days...before traveling to the Convo in Athens to play John Glenn from the MVL in the Holzer hoops tourny. Should be a good early season test for the Vikings!! Congrats to VC and good luck to Paint Valley the rest of the way!!!

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

Redstreaks played very well tonight against Hillsboro in 68-50 victory. Napkin stats for the game...

Evan Legg- 17pts, 5 assists (MVP)
Jamie Helton- 17pts
Caleb Southworth- 14pts, 14 rebs, and 4 blocks
Keenan Brush- 6 blocks
James Lewis- 9 pts., 5 assists

Outstanding defensive effort tonight! This years team is better defensively than last years team; has to be to replace the loss of 2 1000-pt scorers!

A great effort tonight from the entire Redstreak squad and Redstreak Nation! A lot of versatility with the Redstreaks this year. Enjoy the victory tonight, and get ready for league foe and preseason pick Zane Trace Tuesday night at Piketon. The Village will be rocking!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

FLOYD ... The LANCERS looked real good tonight buddy ... you would love their new coach, he's your kind of head hancho (only 24 years old) but smart and agressive.

TYLER THOMPSON, who's just a supberb athlete (best baseball player in the area) rattled of 30 points during the season opener .... 5 threes to go with 7 rebounds, 3 steals and can pass the ball extremly well ...

The Lancers three guard oriented attack with THOMPSON, TORRENCE & CLARK (12 pts) is just tenacious and quick and all three can light it up from beyond the arc ... they have 6'3 McCune at the 4 and he's solid .... plus the 6-foot-10 sophomore Chris Saylor who I think had about 7 blocks ... Ryan Rex (6-foot-2) utility player is an excellent 6th man off the bench ... He shoots, rebounds, locks down on defense and can probably play all 5 positions.

GUTHRIE (6-FOOT-7) junior for the 'Cats, he's pretty sweet too .... 25 points, 21 rebounds versus FH.

Now, I like the Lancers and they can beat just about anyone on any given night ... but I still look for Eastern to win the Hocking. Howie + consistency is a better wager - than - Murray + 'let all hang out and go full throttle for 32 minutes.'

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Reedsville Eastern 64 Waterford 25...Dominated tonight..gotta move up on the board

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Oak Hill over SV by 9

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... it was a great way to open up the 2009-10 hoops campaign watching the 3 games at Zane Trace last night ... Piketon showed why they are going to be a force in SEO hoops AGAIN beating a very good Hillsboro squad by 18 (68-50) ... the Streaks #1 contender in the SVC - Zane Trace took Bloom Carroll to 3OTs before "dropping the ball" (if you were there you know what I'm talking about) 69-73 in the exciting triple overtime contest ... in the nightcap Coach Stiverson's Logan Elm boyz "schooled" a Waverly team wanting to make a statement vs one of the BEST "programs" in Southern/Southeast Ohio 55-37 ...

... what an excellent way to break in a NEW basketball season ... thoroughly enjoyed the basketball, good to be "talked at" by trojandave again ( don't think there is anyone who knows more about the teams Below the Line than trojandave) ... the good people at ZT are always friendly - they never seem to mind having a "old dude" coming to the scorers' table to get starting lineups and the like - well run Tip-Off Classic EVERY single year ...

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Anyone else notice Bloom Carrols coaches defensive color coded paper? The white paper had what looked like green crayon scribbles on it! lol Come on coach, dont let your kids get ahold of your coaching tools.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whiteoak over North Adams 68-61....game was played in Hillsboro

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Another huge win for Reedsville Eastern over South Gallia tonight..Not sure of the exact score but Eastern won by over 40

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

classof86 wrote:Another huge win for Reedsville Eastern over South Gallia tonight..Not sure of the exact score but Eastern won by over 40

Eastern-74
South Gallia-27

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Meigs 39 River Valley 36
Gallipolis 50 Rock Hill 34
Chesapeake 62 Wheelersburg 53
Chillicothe 67 Xenia 53
Ironton ? Ashland, Ky. ?

N B Heat
Freshman Team

Post by N B Heat »

Pfloyd Valley knocked off South Point Friday 58-56 and Court House Saturday @ Zane Trace Classic 44-40 do you think we can move up on that treehugger wannabee list ?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

N B Heat wrote:Pfloyd Valley knocked off South Point Friday 58-56 and Court House Saturday @ Zane Trace Classic 44-40 do you think we can move up on that treehugger wannabee list ?

I think he may be busy adjusting his number 1,after seeing the Peake... Burg, game on saturday :mrgreen:

baller3
Riding the Bench

Post by baller3 »

Pfloyd, Cavs beat Xenia last night winning by 14. They had the lead up to 20 much of the game against this big school. Cavs made a lot of mistakes and turnovers but shot well from the field. Again, I like your list but I definately think my Cavs are better than 7th. Piketon had a nice win as well but the Cavs went to their house and scrimmaged last week beating them 4 out of 6 quarters. Keep up the good work and Go Cavs..

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

Good opening weekend for the TVC Ohio. VC, Athens, Belpre, Wellston and Meigs all put "w"s up against non league foes. Not sure if Alexander or NY played or not, but nonetheless good start for the Big league in the TVC.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

NY is the only team in the TVC that hasnt played yet...the TVC (Ohio and Hocking) is a combined 7-1 vs non league opponents so far this season! The only loss is Meigs to Warren by 15 points. Great start by the TVC!!!

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Chillicothe at Logan Elm next Saturday will be a huge game to c if the Cavs can cut down on the turnovers....if not it will be a long night for the Cavs.....man its great to be in basketball season! Go Cavs......

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

O&B...I read your post on the TVC-Ohio thread and it got me looking back also..lol

Dundas wrote:-2009-10 Vinton County Boys Basketball Schedule-

Fri Dec 4th-@ Paint Valley
Fri Dec 11th- vs *Athens
Sat Dec 12th- vs John Glenn **@ OU
Tue Dec 15th- vs Trimble
Fri Dec 18th- @ *Belpre
Tue Dec 29th- @ Southeastern
Sat Jan 2nd- vs Zane Trace
Fri Jan 8th- @ *Alexander
Tue Jan 12th- vs *Meigs
Fri Jan 15th- @ *Nelsonville York
Fri Jan 22nd- vs *Wellston
Sat Jan 23rd- @ Logan
Fri Jan 29th- @ *Athens
Tue Feb 2nd- vs *Belpre
Fri Feb 5th- vs *Alexander
Tue Feb 9th- @ *Meigs
Friday Feb 12th- vs *Nelsonville York **Hall of fame night**
Sat Feb 13th- vs Piketon **@ OU-C
Fri Feb 19th- @ *Wellston
Sat Feb 20th- vs Jackson **Seinor Night**

IMO- VC's toughest games will be against- In order of toughest*

1. Piketon- Piketon took it to the Vikings last year in a lopsided victory. I believe they lost 2 or 3 of their better players from last year. Hopfully with their losses and the Vikings returning almost everyone, this year will be a more competitive game. Piketon is the early season favorite in the SVC.

Edge-Piketon...They throttled VC last year and im not sure the Vikings will match up with their size inside.

2. Zane Trace- Last year ZT beat VC by a point or 2 @ ZT. The Vikings had every opportunity to win that game, but couldnt get it done. ZT is returning almost everyone from last year and is picked to contend with Piketon for the SVC.

Edge-VC...I think with this game being in McArthur this year, the Vikings will pull it out in a close one.

3. Logan- Last year VC beat a solid Logan team @ Home by 1 point. Logan is a very strong team and return many of their standouts from last year. VC matched up well against Logan and i think this year will be much like last.

Edge-VC...I think VC gets another W against the Purple for the second year in a row..The Vikings i believe are a better shoting team, and with a strong defensive effort, they should pull it out in Logans beautiful new gym.

4. *Athens- Last year these two teams matched up well scoring a lot of points in the first matchup. The Bulldogs will have a great chance to beat the Vikings at least once this year with all of the talent returning.

Edge- Draw...I would not be surprised if each team wins on their home floor...These two games will be great! I believe the TVC will be between the Vikings and the Bulldogs. Possible co-champs perhaps.
5. Jackson- Last year the Vikings melted the Ironmen in Jackson early on. Jackson did however improve all season long last year. With coach Jordan at the helm again this year, i think Jackson may be the sleeper in the Seoal.

Edge- VC...I feel like the Vikings will pull it out @ home on senior night. The Vikings will look to finish the season on a winning note in front of a packed house. The atmosphere should be great and i look for the 6th man to help the Vikings win it.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”