Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by pfloyd »

... will have the Pfloyd version of that epic matchup between Peebles and Ironton up tomorrow night ...

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

pfloyd wrote:... will have the Pfloyd version of that epic matchup between Peebles and Ironton up tomorrow night ...

Can't wait to read this.....

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Pfloyd, please include your version of the block/charge.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

And maybe your version of the loose ball ,no posession by either team, timeout called and granted and defensive team given the ball.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Good luck to those teams remaining....even Ironton :)

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

pfloyd wrote:... will have the Pfloyd version of that epic matchup between Peebles and Ironton up tomorrow night ...

Pfloyd I know you must be busy but did you forget about this, I couldn't wait to read about your thoughts on this one...............

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... know what you are posting about knightruner - I've watched many a game on the river this season thank you ... both of these teams are quality teams ... both have won the in "total control" games in the post season and were on the "survive and advance" side of the scoreboard as well ... bothers me sometimes when a poster decides to bash or imply that I don't know what I'm posting about ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Without a doubt Pfloyd you are the "guru" of SE ohio basketball. I have always found you knowledgeable and a true fan of high school basketball.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Purple Hippo T-Shirt was safely out of harms way during tonights Regional final lol - in Pfloyd's usual Cheap Seat location ... GREAT GAME by Coach Davis and the Peake vs river rival Ironton ... Congratulations to the Purple and White as the tourney shirt that Coach Davis gave to me indicates - what started in Jackson, moved on to the Convo in A'town is NOW headed to "THE SHOW" - the final four - at the Schott in C'bus ... after the buzzer sounded to end the game, pfloyd stuck around to see the pride, the excitement that the Peake TEAM brought to their fans ... the boyz accepted the Regional Championship Trophy, cut down the nets and took to the stands to share the moment with the Panther faithful ... pride, feeling of accomplishment ... congratulations to the Panther fans, players, coaches ... Peake 63 Ironton 47 a final ...

... I knew going into this one that Ironton was going to put pressure on the Peake 24/7 - they did "starting as soon as the Panthers came out for warmups" lol ... full court, making both Peter Hintz and Nathan Copley work for 32 minutes to get the ball up court - kudos to the CHS duo in handling the pressure - only 14 turnovers under that kind of pressure is outstanding imo ... interesting napkin stat Coach Davis' boys led this one from start to finish - Ironton never saw the lead ... quarter breaks - the Peake 19 Ironton 12 after one ... the Peake 35 Ironton 22 at intermission ... the Peake 45 Ironton 38 after three ... Chesapeake 63 Ironton 47 the final ...

... Chesapeake seemed to always have an answer to any Ironton push ... give this one to the Peake front court hitting the boards all night on both ends of the floor - Trent Saunders and Colin Kennedy had multiple put back baskets in the first quarter to stake the Panthers to that first quarter advantage, 6 of the Peakes' first 8 field goals were from the block in ( 2 putbacks included on the offensive end) ... Ironton's big freshman Trey Fletcher flexed his muscle in the second quarter with putback baskets of his own, but not enough to slow the Peake as Peter Hintz/Nathan Copley and Austin McMaster kicked in from the perimeter as CHS hit 2 three balls and a couple of KEY in the paint buckets by Colton Lindsey stretched the CHS lead to 13 after two ... not sure how you can apply MORE pressure BUT the IHS perimeter people (Carter,Morton) did just that in the 3rd - forcing the Peake into 7 third quarter TOs , the turned up pressure , 8 points from Fletcher down low all combined to shrink the Peake lead down to 7 points at the end of three 45-38 ... the closest the Tigers could get was 5 points as Austin McMaster and Nathan Copley took over on the offensive end - McMaster put up 10 points and Copley 8 in the final frame to put this one out of reach ... Chesapeake 63 Ironton 47 a final ...

... Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Ironton ...

Scoring ... Trey Fletcher 12, Zac Carter 10 (both freshmen) ... Travis Elliott 9, Tim Kochendoerfer 7, Taylor 5, Morton 2, Edens 2 ...

3-pointers ... 3/15 ... Elliott 1, Carter 1, Taylor 1 ...

FTs ... 6/9

TOs ... 17

... the size inside for Chesapeake hurt Ironton all night , changed shots, out rebounded IHS stopping the "put back" buckets - size does matter ... the inability for Tim Kochendoerfer to "go off" (7 points) was key to Ironton being unable to open up the inside game ... a key napkin stat on the night for Ironton - as much pressure as the Tigers put on the perimeter folks for the Peake - forcing 14 TOs - IHS was only able to capitalize with ONE basket in transition ... great season for the Tigers, loads of talent returning next season - look for I'town to return to regional play next season ...

... Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Chesapeake ...

Scoring ... Austin McMaster 19 , Nathan Copley 15, Trent Saunders 9, Colin Kennedy 8, Colton Lindsey 6, Peter Hintz 6

3-Pointers ... 2/10 ... Copley 1, McMaster 1

FTs ... 13/15 ... 6/8 in the 4th quarter ...

TOs ... 14 ...

... Coach Davis had a great game plan that his TEAM executed , the Purple and White never got rattled under the pressure onslaught - 14 TOs for the game BUT 7 of those came in the 3rd quarter alone with the remaining 7 being spread out over 3 qtrs/24 minutes of IHS pressure - OUTSTANDING ... this one was a total TEAM effort imo as DIFFERENT individuals stepped up at key times in the game - Trent Saunders/Colin Kennedy in the first on the boards with key buckets down low ... Colton Lindsey 3 "among the trees" baskets in the 2nd and 3rd ... Austin McMaster in a stretch of 4 straight possessions in the 4th answered IHS baskets ... Nathan Copley's 6/8 from the line in the 4th and last but not least Peter Hintz running the show for 4 quarters, hit 3 key fgs going into the paint in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd periods ... adds up to TEAM ... adds up to a 63-47 Peake W ... as was told to me by one of the key supporters of Chesapeake sports/hoops - he's been waiting for 28 years for this moment ... Chesapeake moving on to the Show , the Final Four ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... bucking red - thank you my friend ... always a pleasure running into you as you followed your son around Southern Ohio over the years, as you supported the teams from your area as they advanced along the tourney trail - true fan you are br ... look forward to meeting up again next season - I know you will continue to follow high school hoops ... take care of yourself ...

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Pfloyd I might have to borrow a purple shirt to wear at the Schott next week.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I knew you'd be supporting those boyz in Purple br! LOL - you might breakout in hives though LOL ... wish I could get off of work to see Coach Davis and the Purple boyz play Thursday morning ... I HAVE tickets for the DII games at 5:15 and 8:30 - evening games ... I can get away for those 2 ... just have to hope for the Peake to get through to the Saturday winner take all contest ... it can happen ...

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

The peake played well tonight and I think the key was all the points by the role player's Peter Hintz, Trent Saunders, and my second favorite red head Colten Lindsey.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

bucking red wrote:Pfloyd I might have to borrow a purple shirt to wear at the Schott next week.

I know you may be just kidding but they still have quite a few shirts for sale at the Peake High School for 5 bucks. You should get a few for the Fairland faithful following the Peake. I got one and It didnt break me out or anything. Haha

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... as I posted in my game recap - I stuck around to see the Peake "FAMILY" celebrate the Regional Final victory, accepting the Trophy as a TEAM, cutting down the nets at the Convo, the Peake players going into the stands to share their win with family members, friends, fans that have supported the Peake PROGRAM for so many years ... a great scene to witness in person ... throughout the celebrations I watched Coach Davis hugging his assistant coaches, his family - truly humbled by the performance of HIS TEAM on the court ... congratulations Coach on taking the Chesapeake community that has been so close for many years, a community that HAS supported their hoops "program" for so many seasons in the hopes of getting to where YOU have taken them - the State Basketball Final Four ... my "road trips" this past season has allowed me to "get to know" as an outsider some of what is important to the communities around Southern Ohio - Chesapeake was no different - you can learn a great deal being observant when you go to the "games" - reading the programs, reading wall posters, talking to the fans, parents, teachers, workers, coaches ... couldn't help thinking of a couple of folks that I'm sure Coach Davis had in his mind as the hugs were being handed out Saturday night in the post game - Joe Smith and Sue Vickers both long time supporters of the Chesapeake basketball program ...Grover "Joe" Smith who passed away in August and Sue Vickers, the mother of assistant coach Scott Vickers who passed in January of this year ... the two supporters of the kids in Chesapeake, although not present in person , were on the minds of those celebrating a "goal" that I'm sure the two of them foresaw for the kids at CHS ... to ALL of the Chesapeake FAMILY congratulations ... the Show was the goal - accomplished ... now that YOU have made it -might as well win it all ... best of luck to our friends on the river as they now travel Above the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... remember the baskets Above the Line are still 10 feet high ... bring it back to Southern Ohio ...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”