Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Wk 10

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Wk 10

Post by pfloyd »

daniC - reads like 2 good ones to kickoff the one and done season! Portsmouth losing big lead to an offensively challenged Wheelersburg team! wow ... your updates were greatly appreciated ! ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the committee of one - me - waited until after tonights game in McArthur concluded to complete the Elite 8 ... with the Nelsonville York win, on the road at VC, 64-60 Buckeyes the penciled in Elite 8 had to be reworked ! ... obviously Coach Kline's NY team moves up, Vinton County took a hit - how big of a hit? We will see when the Final Elite 8 rankings, TreeHugger Wannabes, and the Teams on the End Table comes out tomorrow night after I get back from the Marietta vs New Lex game here in the Logan Sectional ... I will say that both Adena and New Boston moved off the End Table by picking up their 4th wins of the regular season ...

... Congratulations to Coach Kline & the Buckeyes , with the NY win - Vinton County must share the TVC Ohio Championship with the Athens Bulldogs for the 2012-13 season ... best of luck to all three of these fine teams heading into the survive and advance season ...

... 93dog -the Great Karnak - called the "upset" before game time ! ... did he wear orange/brown face paint tonight at VC???

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... looks like Coach Kline & Co will take on the winner of tomorrow night's game between Crooksville vs Alexander ... Nelsonville York vs winner on 2/22 @ 6pm at Athens HS D3 Sectional ... Coach Combs & Co will be taking on a tough/physical team of similar size as Vinton Co. FU will pressure the ball for 32 minutes, Jordan Barr at PG is very solid, Josh Stewart is the strength on the boards/the enforcer in the paint for FU ... the Fairfield Union vs Vinton County will be a very good matchup Friday night 2/22 @ 8:30pm at the Logan D2 Sectional ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:93dog -the Great Karnak - called the "upset" before game time ! ... did he wear orange/brown face paint tonight at VC???]
no paint - but proudly wore the bright orange sweatshirt though ... lol ... still got it on in fact.

it was not only a 'win-win' situation for me Floyd, I feel it was a 'win-win-win'!

Nelsonville-York pics up a huge momentum victory heading into the DIII tournament - and since they avoided Ironton and Eastern Brown in the bracket - who knows. (as long as they get to the Convo of course.)
Vinton County still walks away with their 3rd straight TVC-Ohio title.
and then Athens, they pick up a TVC-Ohio title without even stepping onto the floor.

as a fan of the TVC - it worked out perfect for me.

:mrgreen:

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Portsmouth moves on to the "look to the future stage" Didnt expect us to be one and done but it is what it is. With Ironton waiting in the shadows a trip to the Convo would have been a very tall order, now these young uns will work this summer to get better, and the motivation must come from within.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

SCHEDULE UPDATE FOR DISTRICT TITLE GAMES AT THE CONVO!

Thurday March 7th - DII games as originally scheduled.

FRIDAY MARCH 8TH - DIII GAMES (moved from Saturday)
* Game 1: 6:00
* Game 2: 7:45
* Game 3: 9:30

SATURDAY MARCH 9TH DIV GAMES (moved from Friday)
* Game 1: 7:30
* Game 2: 9:15

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Wheelersburg will not stand a chance against Ironton. Nice win though knocking Portsmouth out in final seconds.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”