Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio ... Jan. 6th

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

Pfloyd, I do not envy your task of ranking the teams this week. Chilly with an impressive win, Zanesville and Huntington both going down (Huntington to a team they should never lose to). However, it is nice to have a good team to compare Chilly and Z-Ville to in Newark. If memory serves Z-Ville beat this team by nearly 20 and Chilly won a nailbiter. JMHO, but I think even with the loss Z-Ville is just a hair better than the Cavs. Chilly has a great team and in no way am I discounting the talent they have, just feel Z-Ville is a little deeper and after all the smoke clears is the better team.
I look for VC to jump into the 3rd position with Huntingtons loss and we cant forget about South Point ( I believe they are still unbeaten).
Look forwrd to the list as always.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

THe Pointers keep on rolling and the opponents are just as good as some others up high...I'd put them ahead of VC,NA,Hunt,Peake

Vc's loss is better than Huntington's.....lol, but Huntington over VC...at VC and with the same number of losses....I'd have to throw Hunt ahead of VC still.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

zanesville beat newark by 12 AT zanesville
chilli beat newark on a neutral site....a "honest" and "descent officiating crew and chill wins by +20

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Zanseville beat them 55-39.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

East is now 8-4 on the year with wins this week over Western, Clay, and South Webster

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Who has East lost to?

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

East has wins over St. Joe, @ New Boston, Peebles, @Clay, @South Webster, Western, Green, @Notre Dame

Losses to @Eastern Pike, @ Coal Grove, @ St. Joe, @ Symmes Valley

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

@ Eastern Pike is not a good loss....but they should get a deserving high seed at Valley

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

No not a good Loss, they had a shots just didnt fall. But what Loss is really a good loss.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

What a day of southeastern Ohio basketball. I took in a clash between two very good basketball clubs in Zanesville and Warren Harding and saw two more quality programs in Chillicothe and Newark. I finished the day by driving down to the reservation and watching Logan Elm play D1 Columbus Westland.

Zanesville played hard and fought back from a 10 point deficit to tie the game A tip at the end provided the difference for Warren Harding. These were two of the top teams I've seen this season.

Zanesville junior Joe Prati collected the team MVP trophy with 17 points, seven rebounds and two steals. This kid is quite the player and has a lot of skill. Logan Aronhalt had an "off" night of 18 points and five boards. He did have a couple of nice buckets down the stretch to bring the Blue Devils back into this game. Andre Harris going down with three fouls was a big difference in the game, but Desmar Jackson, Warren Harding's leading scorer, also had to miss a good chunk of time in foul difficulties. The Blue Devils are a fine team and the Chilli game or two if that's your perspective. should be interesting. They missed a lot of shots inside, but they play good defense.

Holding a very athletic Warren Harding team to 60 wasn't bad. Jackson had some outstanding moves to create shots for himself and his teammates. Jackson had 21 points, seven rebounds, five assists and four steals for the Raiders.

Chillicothe continued to show why they are one of the top teams in the state with an impressive 59-53 win over Newark. Hitchens was team MVP and was lighting up the field early. He had 16 points at half and finished with 23 points. He also accounted for five rebounds, four assists and three steals. Humpty is just so smooth with the ball and can create great opportunities for his teammates

The Cavaliers did a nice of going inside to Sugar Ray in the third period as Chambers had 11 points, six boards and a monster dunk.

Chillicothe didn't apply a whole lot of pressure. They did pressure the ball in a few situations but that was it.

Seth Dawes had to miss quite a few minutes in foul trouble. The impressive thing about the Cavaliers is they have the depth and talent to overcome someone missing that type of time.

Avery had 18 for Newark and is a very nice player.

Finally, Logan Elm goes to 9-3 with a 62-55 win over Westland. Adam Blake cans a big trey just before the third quarter buzzer to give the Braves the lead. A 10-4 run in the fourth makes the difference. Congrove had 11 in the fourth and finished with 22 points and five boards. Zach Holbrook had 16 and Adam Blake 13 points and five assists.

Logan Elm entertains Hamilton Township Tuesday.

What a day of basketball. Seeing some of the best teams, players, coaches and programs not only in the southeast but the entire state. Even though Zanesville lost, I was very impressed with what the Devils have, especially when Aronhalt is hitting. Chillicothe had another Chillicothe style performance. Pick your poison. And Logan Elm lands another victory.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

After what I saw today I'd give Chilli back the No. 1 post with Zanesville breathing down the Cavs neck. Two outstanding teams, but other than the NCH game, I think Chilli can dig deeper than what we've seen yet.

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

pfloyd's 8

Post by tropicalbreeze »

Bronc, I respect your opinion, but I didn't see the ref's as a factor in the Chillicothe game! Zanes beat Nerk by 16 points, while not playing very well for 3 quarters. Not matter what anyone thinks or says, Zanes and Chillicothe will be a battle! I do think today's game showed Zanes can play with anyone in the state reguardless of their Div!

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”