Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio

Which team would YOU have as the Preseason #1 :

Total votes: 0

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason

Post by pfloyd »

101 ... the Elite 8 will hit SEOPs this Sunday - I wanted to do the first "official" list after the "first" FULL week of action ... gives me a chance to see a few more teams on Saturday at the Convo as well ... Sunday the 14th !!!

... some upsets to look at already - (1-1) Piketon losing to (1-1) Zane Trace (who lost to Hillsboro in their opener at home) ... Greenfield McClain starting out 1-2 with loses to Portsmouth/Washington CH ... (0-2) Federal Hocking losing to Nelsonville York by 10 ?!!! ... Logan dropping to 0-2 with loses to St. Chucks & Vinton County (2-0) ... Washington CH (2-0) beating a good Manchester team (0-1) and Greenfield McClain (1-2) ... hoops Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line - you have got to love it !!!

... on the positive side Portsmouth (2-0) with "W's" over McClain and So. Webster ... Alexander (2-1) with wins over NY/Maysville bookending an "L" vs Bloom Carroll at the ZT Classic ... Oak Hill (1-0) beating up on Symmes Valley by 27 points ... Logan Elm (2-0) with wins over Harvest Prep/ Hamilton Twp ... Vinton County (2-0) Wellston/Logan ... Ironton (1-0) beating a surprise Fairland squad (1-1) ... the stories continue unfolding with Warren taking on Belpre tonight at the Warrior Dome ...

... what does the Friday Menu of games look like this week ??? ...

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

I would not consider Zane Trace defeating Piketon an upset. That is my opinion.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd- Ive been hard at work ol buddy, been out scouting the landscape, charting teams in the district and their opponents to be in the sectionals ... Been following about 30+ teams, plus I have to stay on top all the girls action! man it's tough, but fun.

Thus far, you gotta like what Alexander is doing, their fast, have some size and can bomb the threes ... This might be the year we see them at the convo, but that sectional is absolutly brutal! That win over Maysville was critical, those D-3 teams (Jackson sectional) really have to play every game with the utmost importance.

Only 4 teams go and you don't want to face off with any of the top 5 in the sectional ... CHESAPEAKE, IRONTON, ALEXANDER, WHEELERSBURG, SOUTH POINT, FAIRLAND, BELPRE, FEDERAL HOCKING, CROOKSVILLE, NELSONVILLE-YORK (Who looked kinda scrappy Tuesday), ROCK HILL, WELLSTON, COAL GROVE & RIVER VALLEY

Moral of the story, don't lag behind and think your gonna make it with a 12-8 record and a no. 6 seed. Heck, you don't even want to be the 5 or 6 seed, you might have to beat a South Point or a Fairland or even an Alexander just to get out of your sectional!

- Still like SOUTHERN floyd too, we could easily see 3 TVC-Hocking teams at the convo ... Trimble, Waterford and Southern ... Add Oak Hill to the 4 that comes out of the Athens sectional and it is very possible. Ironton St. Joe might have a say in it, but, they have to travel pretty far to a-town. The 'Cats will have a bit of home floor advantage seeing as they are about 10 minutes from the Plains.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Are there 2 or 3 district champions in D3 this year?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

93Bulldog wrote:Floyd- Ive been hard at work ol buddy, been out scouting the landscape, charting teams in the district and their opponents to be in the sectionals ... Been following about 30+ teams, plus I have to stay on top all the girls action! man it's tough, but fun.

Thus far, you gotta like what Alexander is doing, their fast, have some size and can bomb the threes ... This might be the year we see them at the convo, but that sectional is absolutly brutal! That win over Maysville was critical, those D-3 teams (Jackson sectional) really have to play every game with the utmost importance.

Only 4 teams go and you don't want to face off with any of the top 5 in the sectional ... CHESAPEAKE, IRONTON, ALEXANDER, WHEELERSBURG, SOUTH POINT, FAIRLAND, BELPRE, FEDERAL HOCKING, CROOKSVILLE, NELSONVILLE-YORK (Who looked kinda scrappy Tuesday), ROCK HILL, WELLSTON, COAL GROVE & RIVER VALLEY
Moral of the story, don't lag behind and think your gonna make it with a 12-8 record and a no. 6 seed. Heck, you don't even want to be the 5 or 6 seed, you might have to beat a South Point or a Fairland or even an Alexander just to get out of your sectional!

- Still like SOUTHERN floyd too, we could easily see 3 TVC-Hocking teams at the convo ... Trimble, Waterford and Southern ... Add Oak Hill to the 4 that comes out of the Athens sectional and it is very possible. Ironton St. Joe might have a say in it, but, they have to travel pretty far to a-town. The 'Cats will have a bit of home floor advantage seeing as they are about 10 minutes from the Plains.

:aaaaa11

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93dog , you going to be at the Convo on Saturday for the festivities???

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

ARE any of the Convo games going to be on radio?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Of course floyd! get to have front row seats for the Alexander boys game and possibly the Vinton County game depending on how long the Alex game lasts ... Might have to get up and go quickly after Alexander and hopefully make it back for the last game - or, I can have the opportunity to sit and watch all the games which would be awesome.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Southeastern 49
Zane Trace 44

SE (2-2)
ZT (1-2)

Guru
Waterboy

Post by Guru »

Valley Indians 3-1.

South Point- L
Grandview Heights- W
Western Lathem- W
Northwest- W

The Indians are playing a fast pace high intinsity style. Hard Pressure "D" and quick offensive attack. Loaded with scorers the Indians may be undersized, but its about "Heart not Height"

open_post
Freshman Team

Post by open_post »

Pfloyd a quick update before you leave for the Convo today.

Logan Elm 68-Teays Valley 58

A hard fought win for the Braves last night.

Scoring for the Braves
Congrove 20
Amann 17
Hauserman 15

IMO this team is really going improve over the next couple months.
They face a very good Fairland team today.

Scoring for the Vikings
Race 24
Anderson 17 (pfloyd might want to check this kid out in a year or 2) He is a 6'9 10th grader who keeps getting better. He was mentioned in the columbus dispatch yesterday as one of the top 10th graders in central ohio.

see you at the Convo

Donger
Waterboy

Post by Donger »

Congrove is the "REAL DEAL". I expect at least the same outcome against Chilli

UpperDecker
Waterboy

Post by UpperDecker »

I agree Donger Chilly is nowhere near as good as they were last year and LE is much, much better.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Donger wrote:Congrove is the "REAL DEAL". I expect at least the same outcome against Chilli

Donger,

Does LE play anybody else before they play Chilly? I find it odd we are having that conversation. Chilly has two tough league games before LE invades the "Hat". In any event, if you want to make LE the Southeast District favorite, that is ok IMO.

GO CAVS!!! 2008 STATE CHAMPS!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

UpperDecker wrote:I agree Donger Chilly is nowhere near as good as they were last year and LE is much, much better.

UpperDecker,

I did not know Jay Bilas hung out on SEOP. What great knowledge you have after one Chilly game. LE set it on fire with their 10 pt win, so I love to play the underdog, so keep us near the basement.

In any event, the Cavs will be fine this year. Defense is the key and we will win and/or lose with it. The same was true last year.

GO CAVS!!! 2008 D2 STATE CHAMPS!!!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Need River Valley-Oak Hill and Logan-West Muskingum scores. Thanks.

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

the piketon redstreaks beat a tough, quick, athletic columbus mifflin team at mifflin tonight. great win. keenan brush left game early with ankle injury...but bench played well.

we're finally getting healthy...flu bug made it through us, and hurt us at ZT...huntington win in overtime, too

beat cincinnati clark montessori who also beat cin north college hill.

we are growing and finding our rotations...good luck streaks1

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Might want to keep your eye on Waverly, they could be the sleeper team, have West Tues. then Oak Hill Friday of next week. This is a very solid team, and can be explosive at times. They will be a tough matchup for all comers this yr, they are big and extremely athletic.

UpperDecker
Waterboy

Post by UpperDecker »

hitchbone64 wrote:
UpperDecker wrote:I agree Donger Chilly is nowhere near as good as they were last year and LE is much, much better.

UpperDecker,

I did not know Jay Bilas hung out on SEOP. What great knowledge you have after one Chilly game. LE set it on fire with their 10 pt win, so I love to play the underdog, so keep us near the basement.

In any event, the Cavs will be fine this year. Defense is the key and we will win and/or lose with it. The same was true last year.

GO CAVS!!! 2008 D2 STATE CHAMPS!!!

Are you really trying to say Chilly has the same talent they had last year? I hope not, because thats crazy thinking. Besides LE was the only team in the tournament to give Chilly a game and they should have won. LE is much improved Chilly, allthough still talented, is nowhere near state championship material this year. You dont have to be Jay Bilas to know the obvious. You need to quit going through life with your Chilly Blue Blinders on and recognize facts, otherwise you may have a disapointing year.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”