Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #1

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #1

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 59
Southeastern 51

Unioto moves to 3-0, while SE drops to 1-2.

Unioto was jump started in the 3rd by Sophomore Jake Rose's 3 as well as his steal and layup.

Tied at 12 after 1
SE led 26-24 at the half
Unioto led 39-37 after 3

Rose hit another big 3(his 1st varsity mins this season) in the 4th and Cole Murray knocked down FT after FT to salt it away. Austin Hice and Michael Brown led SE, while freshman PG Dylan Miles played a very solid floor game for the Panthers. He's going to be a special player for Coach Uhrig.

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

Logan Elm 55 Teays Valley 40 final score

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Final

Ironton.........66
Portsmouth....52

Irontons Trevor White didn't play in the Varsity game tonight. We get him back in the Lineup watch out.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I don't have the score but I know fu was able to squeeze past cville. They were playing without Barr who has a deep bone bruise in his arm. Hopefully he's back next week.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Chillicothe 64 Dayton Stivers 46...Malik London triple double

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bvmv4life ... I made a post earlier, might have been last week, that Malik London would put up a NUMBER of "triple-doubles" of the points/rebounds/blocks variety this season ... looks like trifecta #1 vs Dayton Stivers ... the triple double for Malik might be the "norm" not the exception this season ... will be interesting to see the "stat lines" after the Cavs games this season ... a good "W" on the road for Chillicothe ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... games from tonight 12/10 ...

Piketon 61
Westfall 53

Southeastern 51
Unioto 59

Huntington 57
Paint Valley 40

Zane Trace 63
Adena 48

Chillcothe 64
Dayton Stivers 46

Teays Valley 40
Logan Elm 55

Logan 49
Newark 52

Portsmouth 52
Ironton 66

Coal Grove 61
Symmes Valley 50

Chesapeake 86
East Carter 48

Meigs 43
River Valley 57

Nelsonville York ?
Trimble ?

Athens ?
Gallia Academy ?

Fairfield Union ?
Circleville ?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens - 71
Gallia - 53

Final

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Yes sir I do remember ur post...good road win by the Cavs...Malik has been good,has been playing more aggressive offensively this early season,going to the basket,taking short range jumpers and dunking like a MAN! Zach Johnson has been great...the kid is special..Cavs invade Logan Tuesday..

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bvmv4life ... looking forward to seeing this years version of the Cavs - Malik London/Zac Johnson & Co. - should be fun to watch from the Cheap Seats! my Purple took Newark down to the wire losing on the road 49-52 ... the Chiefs are still looking for that 1st "W" of the season a good showing vs Chillitown would put a smile on many in the Cheap Seats of Jim's Gym ...

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Warren won big over Belpre friday night by 20 plus.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Kind of an ugly game in the first half between Logan Elm and Teays Valley. LE was just 2 of 9 at the free throw line in the first half and led 20-19 at halftime. TV had no field goals in the second quarter, but made 7 of 8 free throws. LE stepped up its defense in the second half and spread the floor better.

Logan Elm 55, Teays Valley 40
TEAYS VALLEY — Anderson 0-2-2; Betts 2-6-11; Gilliland 2-6-10; Featherstone 3-2-8; Primmer 1-2-4; Graves 2-1-5 Three-point goals — Betts. Totals — 10-31 19-30 40.
LOGAN ELM — Young 1-9-11; Cory Heeter 1-1-3; Vagnier 6-1-14; Pritchard 5-2-12; Riffle 5-1-14; Cody Heeter 0-1-1. Three-point goals — Riffle (3) and Vagnier. Totals — 18-30 15-24 55.
Quarter scores 1 2 3 4 F
Teays Valley 12 7 9 12 40
Logan Elm 12 8 19 16 55

LE improves to 2-0, 1-0 in MSL-Buckeye play and TV falls to 0-3, 0-1.

In other league action, Bloom topped Canal by 10, Amanda moved to 3-0 overall with a 59-32 win over a struggling Hamilton club and Fairfield squeaked by Circleville by two, but were without its good point guard - Barr.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

SVC Rundown

In the Unioto/SE game, Unioto's Chase Detillion had his 2nd double double of the year, with 14 pts and 12 rebs. Southeastern's Brown and Hice each scored 13 to lead them.

Huntington 57
Paint Valley 40
PV led 25-24 at the half, but Huntington's huge 3rd quarter gave them a 17 point lead and effectively ended the game. Dylan Gragg led the Huntsmen with 22, while Harrison Hermann added 18 for the Bearcats. Hermann is averaging around 23 a game at this point.

Piketon 61
Westfall 53
Craigen Moore had 23 to lead the Streaks effort.

Current SVC Standings
Huntington/Unioto 2-0, 3-0
Zane Trace 1-1, 2-1
Piketon 1-1, 1-1
Paint Valley/Southeastern 1-1, 1-2
Westfall 0-2, 1-2
Adena 0-2, 0-3

Friday's Games
Westfall @ Huntington
Zane Trace @ Unioto
Adena @ Southeastern
Paint Valley @ Piketon

Saturday's Games
Huntington @ Adena
Unioto @ Paint Valley
Piketon @ Southeastern
Westfall @ Zane Trace

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bman ... I drove over to Chillicothe and watched the Unioto vs Southeastern game ... very entertaining game, close throughout the contest ... I left with 1:32 to play UHS on top 54-46 - each team added 5 points apiece ... Southeastern was atrocious from the line!!! 5/16 going into the last minute and a half with Unioto not much better at 14/22 ... I'm guessing Murray added the last 5 points for Unioto from the line to end the scoring for the Shermans ...

... Southeastern starts only one senior! 2 sophs and freshman PG in Miles ... put THIS group with the upcoming JV players for next year and the Panthers are loaded for the 2012-13 season ... the youth hurts them this early in the season Hice started the game tonight with 8 first qtr points/13 for the half then disappeared in the 2nd half - 0 pts ... Miles is solid with at the PG position but not a scoring threat - yet - although he knocked down a trey in the 2nd period ... Kellough looked the most consistent scorer for SEHS ... I look for the Panthers to be a team to watch as the season progresses ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Saw Murray last night against Westfall and he is a nice guard. Detillion and him make a nice combo for the Shermans.

Couple of nice ballgames on Friday in the MSL-Buckeye with Bloom at Fairfield and Logan Elm at Canal.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

How'd you like that crowd, pfloyd? I got that during the anthem and had a tough time finding a seat, outside of the Piketon game last season, The U hasn't been that packed in a few years. It was a real nice sight to see for sure.

Unioto ended up shooting 53% from the line, while SE was well under 50%, definitely tough to watch that. But, I know Coach Hoops and Coach Uhrig will have them working on those all week.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Ironton to much for Portsmouth at home? Or was it a case of three games in five days and the Trojans didnt have thier legs?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... daniC ...I got there during halftime of the freshmen game - no problem getting a seat for me on the SE side of the floor was staring across the gym at the Sherman Tank on the wall all game LOL ... Southeastern has an excellent JV squad! a group of athletes with size, handle the ball extremely well, can shoot the 3 , will get the rim AND finish ... will be keeping those kids from SE in the back of my mind for NEXT season's "preseason" rankings TOO BAD THERE WAS NO PROGRAM to buy so I could put names with players LOL - I asked at the back door, the front door and the concession stand - nada ... BUT I DID have the iphone where I went straight to SVCsportszone site and found the rosters for both SE and Unioto so I had names, numbers for the varsity game - thank you http://www.SVCsportzone.com !!!

... Unioto -size, size, size and size => Detillion, Warner, Woods, Aldredge - wow ... Detillion seems BIGGER than 6-5, he's not a scrawny 6-5 ... UHS works hard to get into the paint from the perimeter - Warner,Murray, Detillion from the foul line down the lane ... Murray can obviously shoot the FT BUT those big men are going to have to do a better job of hitting the FT <= when the post season rolls around the difference between moving on or going home WILL come down to FTs ... as much as UHS gets inside they WILL get to the line ALL SEASON - opponents will either have to foul putting the BIGS on the line or let them go to the rim - UHS will be at the line a lot imo ...

... BOTH Southeastern and Unioto have nice ball clubs - was glad the Pfloyd Tour made the stop outside Chillicothe last night ...

Schoolboy
Riding the Bench

Post by Schoolboy »

LetsGoPSU wrote:Ironton to much for Portsmouth at home? Or was it a case of three games in five days and the Trojans didnt have thier legs?
I would say I-town was too much. Fletcher sat out most of 1st half and White did not even play. Imagine what it could have been!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

LetsGoPSU wrote:Ironton to much for Portsmouth at home? Or was it a case of three games in five days and the Trojans didnt have thier legs?

dion Mckinlley 4 fouls in the 3rd...even with him on the bench for a big part of this game , and playing very careful whille he was in there we was in this game late in the 4th....the Trojans wil be ok, with the tough schedulle we willl lose some games, but look for this team to be ready come late season.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”