Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #10

Post by pfloyd »

... check this score out ...

Vinton County 67
Piketon 53

... BIG "W" for VC in Chillicothe tonight ...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

wow, tough 2 days for the Cavs

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... a few other scores ...

Zane Trace 58
Greenfield McClain 46

Jackson 42
Gallia Academy 40 ot

Warren 59
Marietta 35

Reynoldsburg 53
Chillicothe 45

Logan Elm 42
Teays Valley 35

Washington CH 60
London 54

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I'll put that Vinton County score on this page ...

Vinton County 67
Piketon 53

... wow ...

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

Pfloyd,
Hope you had a safe trip home , the wife had to be happy to see you home so early....lol

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

What was the Athens-Nels-York score?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Pfloyd Tour stopped at Zane Trace HS to see:

Zane Trace 58
Grn. McClain 46 final

... M&M made it safe and sound AND the wife was definitely surprised to see me before 10 PM LOL ... pleasure to meet up and chat Main Man ... everything you said about McClain prior to the game was true - very solid, in your grill defensively , not a lot of size but extremely deliberate offensively ... McClain controlled that first half ... not that ZT wasn't playing hard just seemed like the Pioneers were playing in "quicksand" - the more they tried to make something happen the more control McClain seemed to take of the game - although the spread was never more than 4 points it just felt like more the entire half LOL ... I jotted down a few "imo's" on the McClain team - DEFENSE! sticky man to man D, hands everywhere - not going to survive putting the ball on the floor trying to get into the paint ... great spacing offensively, spreading the floor, opening up lanes into the paint vs man D, patient with the lead, with the spacing on offense their lack of size on the boards is negated putting their opponent out of position to rebound - well coached TEAM ...

... this one was a tale of two halves ... ZT trailed at intermission 19-17 ... as the whistle blew for the third quarter to start it was all Zane Trace - the defensive intensity went up a notch on the perimeter for ZT, Chamberlin clogged the middle forcing GM turnovers ... ZT took their first lead of the game at the 5:10 mark of the 3rd - they never looked back as Gabe Haynes hit 3 consecutive bombs from behind the arc, and the second half of the Pioneer duo Kirk Maxwell - the kid is a beast, strong with the ball - got to the rim and to the line for 8 points in the quarter ... add Haynes' 9 points and you saw ZT take a 36-32 advantage going to period 4 ... quarter 4 gave us more of the same as Trace extended their lead to double digits and stymied McClain on defense throwing in a little zone that with the usual man d - the zone seemed to take McClain out of their rhythm offensively, GM looked to try to force the ball resulting in TOs/fouls/ Zane Trace control of the game ... Maxwell led the assault in the 4th with 9 points/Haynes 6 and to put the cap on the "W" a "call the bank trey" by Derek Cochenour ... Zane Trace 58 Greenfield McClain 46 a final ...

... Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Zane Trace ...

Scoring ... Maxwell 20, Haynes 17, Dallas Cochenour 10, Derek Cochenour 4, Davis 3, Chamberlin 2, Tripp 2 ... side note on the ZT scoring Maxwell scored 17 of his 20 in the 2nd half/Haynes scored 15 of his 17 after intermission as well ... someone made a point to the boyz at half time ...

3-Pointers ... 8/12 from downtown ... Haynes 4, Maxwell 1,Cochenour "squared" 1 each, Davis 1 ... 67% from behind the arc "ain't" bad ...

FT's ... 12/20 ... Coach Alley won't be happy with that figure as ZT shot better from behind the arc (67%) than from the FT line (60%) ...

TO's ... only 11 ... under the Greenfield pressure a good figure for the game ...

... not Zane Trace's best outing BUT playing from behind for a half, playing frustrated then turning it up in the second half both offensively and defensively - will help down the road ... deserving of their Elite 8 ranking ... thanks again to the ZT folks always always treated well there, even got a complementary piece piece of pie from the concession stand LOL ... thanks for coming up to the "cheap seats" to chat Main Man ! I'm sure we will run into each other down the road - good luck to the Zane Trace TEAM the rest of the way ...

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

pfloyd wrote:... I'll put that Vinton County score on this page ...

Vinton County 67
Piketon 53

... wow ...

pfloyd, Do you have any stats for this game?
Also, do you have a makeup date for the VC-Meigs game?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles beat Eastern Brown at home tonight by 1 point. It has my vote for game of the year. Peebles senior gaurd Andrew Seaman went down late in the second quarter with a pretty painful ankle injury and Eastern streached their early lead. Seaman decided to continue to play in the second half and sparked a big Indian comeback. Andrew Seaman and Blake Justice tied at 21pts apiece for Peebles.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... sorry Space Cowboy - no stats on the Vinton Co game ... THAT win has got to give the Maroon and White a BIG boost ... as I92 posted earlier a SOLID win for Coach Combs and the Vikings ... looking forward to reading some napkin stats on this one as well ... I went down to Zane Trace tonight to catch ZT and Greenfield McClain - I hadn't seen ZT at full strength with Gabe Haynes in the lineup ... hadn't seen Greenfield McClain yet this season either ...

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

pfloyd wrote:... sorry Space Cowboy - no stats on the Vinton Co game ... THAT win has got to give the Maroon and White a BIG boost ... as I92 posted earlier a SOLID win for Coach Combs and the Vikings ... looking forward to reading some napkin stats on this one as well ... I went down to Zane Trace tonight to catch ZT and Greenfield McClain - I hadn't seen ZT at full strength with Gabe Haynes in the lineup ... hadn't seen Greenfield McClain yet this season either ...

What did you think of the ZT/Greenfield game?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

TB10 ... do you have the score for the Peebles game?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

pfloyd wrote:TB10 ... do you have the score for the Peebles game?

Im not quite sure exactly, I know it was in the upper 60s. 67-66 maybe?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

TB10 ... I posted a little recap above ... I always enjoy going down to ZT ... always treated right on Rt 180 ... ZT has a solid ball club Haynes/Maxwell are a handful for any team - it isn't a stretch to say that ZT's record would be even better had Haynes not been hurt in game one vs Bloom Carroll in the first 2 minutes of the game ... he is a great compliment for Maxwell's game ...

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

pfloyd wrote:TB10 ... I posted a little recap above ... I always enjoy going down to ZT ... always treated right on Rt 180 ... ZT has a solid ball club Haynes/Maxwell are a handful for any team - it isn't a stretch to say that ZT's record would be even better had Haynes not been hurt in game one vs Bloom Carroll in the first 2 minutes of the game ... he is a great compliment for Maxwell's game ...

:lol: my bad, I didnt even look some of the previous posts.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

PFloyd ,

At least you got to see a pre game dunk fest ....lol

Chieftan
Riding the Bench

Post by Chieftan »

pfloyd wrote:TB10 ... do you have the score for the Peebles game?

68-67 with the winning point coming from a free throw by Justice with about 4 seconds on the clock. It was def a nail biter.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Meigs Vs Vinbton County ... is scheduled to be played ont he 15th

Check trivalleyconference.com for any TVC-rescheduled games ... click your teams logo to see - I have most of them so far.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

^^^ Thanks Bulldog.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”