Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5

Post by 93Bulldog »

Looking at the bright side of keeping up with the hoops action Floyd ... Lots of folks love the thread and continue to keep you up to date on ALL the leagues & teams ... You have trivalleyconference.com, which keeps you completely informed and in tune with the TVC (15 teams) ... And most importantly we have this awesome weather!!! Do you have any idea how blessed we are, not only to be able to enjoy the outdoors this time of year - but to not have to deal with CANCELLATIONS & RESCHEDULED GAMES!!!!

Its been soooooooooooooooo much easier this basketball season - I have been able to stay right on track and have everything on the TVC (boys & girls) right up-to-date with schedules, scores and standings ... You think finding boys scores can be difficult ... try getting scores for a full slate of girls games that includes Southern @ Wahama, South Gallia @ Miller or Trimble @ Belpre ... lol ... the girls basketball forum on SEOPS is nothing like the boys forum - I actually have to work all the angles & use all my resources to get those 2 or 3 times a week.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... bRulsEr - that is exactly where I am right now ... I've been struggling with it now for the 5 weeks since they found that the melanoma had metastasized to my left lung BUT I have come to grips with it ... I've talked to /heard the experts give me my choices, have a game plan - "game on" ... thanks bRulsEr - following high school hoops helps keep me positive seeing/knowing what these kids/coaches do each and every day to prepare for games - then seeing the results of their work on game night ... the kids keep me positive- showing me that my own opponent can be beaten ... I will get MY game into the 4th quarter with a chance to win anyway ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... don't give me the sob story about the girls side LOL - trying to get me to follow those would require me to retire from my day job and take up sports writing as MY DAY JOB !!! LOL - not happening on this end ... I'll leave the sports writing and reporting up to YOU!!! ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Here's a girls score worth posting:

Athens - 50
Logan - 39

:mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... touche' ... ;-)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Here is a basketball question worth asking the master (a.k.a. Pfloyd) ... Last night versus NY, Athens was up three with about 20 seconds to go and had only committed 3 team fouls during the 2nd half ... NY had the ball so Athens fouls three straight times and the clock goes down to 6 seconds left ... Instead of committing their 7th foul (putting NY on the line) they elected to play defense and Casey Cox drains a three at the buzzer to put the game into OT.

Would you have fouled again and put the other team on the free-throw line (down three points) or gamble and hope they miss their three attempt?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the quick answer IS that since you committed the other 3 fouls in a row to keep NY from shooting the 3ball to tie - I would have committed the 7th foul with 6 seconds to go to force the ALMOST impossible "make the first FT->miss the second-> get the offensive rebound -> make the PB " sequence ... from the cheap seats, the day after I would have fouled to put NY at the line ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The only thing I can think of is: If you elect to play defense - you can do no worse than tie. (unless of course you foul the shooter)

If you elect to foul - there is a chance you can actually lose ... Free throw, missed free-throw - rebound - kick out for the three and you lose if it goes in.

Reading coach Skinners quotes in today's Messenger - he had a play to double-team the ball (Casey Cox) and they just weren't able to get it done defensively ... I love coach Skinner and trust his judgement - Cox just made a great (step-back & shoot) play and the ball went in.

I'm not saying it was the right or wrong decision - I just wanted to ask you the question Floyd to challenge your 'basketball' mind on this Saturday afternoon ... lol

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

pfloyd our prayers are with you. Also next Sat. the 14th is the Beasts of the Southeast at the Peake, 5 games 7 dollars for the day. This should be a great day of round ball. First game at noon. Hope that you will be able to make the trip and don't worry about the purple with the PEAKE.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... peake71 - LOL I kinda figured the peake wouldn't have ANY problems with the purple LOL !!! ... I just checked the weather for next weekend - looks like good driving weather to me - my plan is to be there for all 5 games next Saturday at the Beast of the Southeast ... missed it last season NOT HAPPENING this year ... I'll be there to support such a great cause ... AND graze in the hospitality room !!!! LOL ... great tournament, day of games , looking forward to running into the fine folks from Chesapeake ...

... peake71 - I thank you for your prayers as well ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... peake71 - tell Coach Davis I ran into his dad while I attended Fairland vs Alexander game a few weeks ago ... nice gentleman AND sports/hoops fan for sure ...

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Mr. Davis is a fine gentlemen with a great personality. I spoke with him after last night's game against the dragons. The gym was packed and was standing room only.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I'll toss out my opinion on the matter. I've seen both burn a team, seen many times where the team who didn't foul gives up the tying 3 and I've also seen where the team fouled and the "impossible" play and ended up winning in OT. I think you always foul and force them to make the ridiculously tough play. Of course, if you're playing a team who can't knock down the 3 ball, you could force them to do something that they aren't good at.

I don't think there is a right or wrong way to do it, just as long as you don't foul when they are shooting the 3!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Minford 11
Adena 8
After 1 in Frankfort

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Minford 21-19 at the half

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Minford 29-28 after 3. Adena completely controlling the tempo.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Lucasville Valley 48

Huntington 46

End of 3

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Chillicothe 56 Dublin Coffman 54...Coffman was 9-1...Cavs getting better each game..plus Zach Johnson is back in the lineup...should give us some love in the standings PFloyd..LOL

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Minford 48
Adena 33

Final

McBee and McRae had 17 each for Minford

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »