Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio

Which team would YOU have as the Preseason #1 :

Total votes: 0

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason

Post by Ironman92 »

I smell eastern bias from bulldog!

Am I going to have to yap about North Adams, Peebles, Manchester and Fairfield this year?

They will be good.

Hey bulldog...what team has the longest consecutive streak of making it to the districts?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Man, good question I92 ... I would probably say Chesapeake, just because they seem to always be at the convo ..lol... BUt, I haven't been to the convo the past two years so I probably couldn't answer that question.

BTW ... IT WILL BE A 'SOUTHERN' BIAS, NOT EASTERN ... lol

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Hillsboro 48
Zane Trace 45

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Is that a final?

If so congrats to coach Davis......nice win over an athletic ZT team.

And bulldog.....the answer I believe is North Adams

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Was the final score right on Meigs 73, Belpre 66?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I-92 ... North Adams eh? Man, that was gonna be my second guess ... lol

FLOYD - I took in the Trimble-Fed Hock game last night and the 'Cats looked very, very good. Not great, but scrappy, fast and Noah Guthrie is gonna be the next big thing in SEO hoops. He's 6-foot-6, big and strong and the kid is only a soph. The Lancers big man, 6-foot-4 Justin Stanley played good, expecially with Guthrie on the bench in the second quarter.

Final scored Trimble 67, Federal Hocking 59

Stanley - 16 pts, 9 reb
Guthrie - 11 pts (5-8 from field, 2-2 from line) and 7 reb

* But Guthrie only played 2 and one half quarters. He sat out half the first and almost all of the second quarters with 2 personal fouls.

Trimble was extreemly balanced:

Taylor Russel - scrappy 5'9 G - 10 pts
Joey Reitano - scrappy 5'9 running mate of russells - 15 pts
Josepg Dunlap - 6-foot swingman - 9 pts
Adam MUlford - 6'1, 6'2 athlete - 15 pts (Adam was a heckuva WR this past fall)
Guthrie - 12 pts
Kevin Boudinot - 4pts
Richard Drake - 2 pts

----------------------------------------------------
Federal Hocking - good team, but inexperienced right now.

Here ya go floyd, how about this stat ... 9 THREES FOR THE LANCERS but they attempted 25 of them!

Grant Smith - 1 of 2 seniors on the team - 12 pts
Tyler Thompson - 5'11 G - 17 pts (Game high for both teams) 5 threes!
Justin Stanley - 16 pts, 9 reb
Brendan Torrence - (Fed Hock QB in the fall) - scored 6 pts

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Do we have final scores for Portsmouth-Greenfield or Chillicothe-Cincinnati team?

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Portsmouth won 64-53 without their big man Cadogen. I look for Portsmouth to make some serious noise this year.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

pfloyd: You left at halftime of the Portsmouth vs. McClain game......I know we didn't impress you.......but we did score 44 points in the second half.......something that is virtually unheard of against the Tigers.......as I told you just before you left, it was very important for us to get the lead to speed McClain up a bit.....and we did in the third quarter.......

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... trojandave ... after reading the score I'm sorry I left at intermission BUT as it was it took almost 2 hours getting back to Logan - horrible driving conditions out there last night ... as you said and I reiterated IF the score was in the 40's McClain wins IF the Trojans showed they could speed up the game by getting a lead - then this one would go into the 50-60's range Portsmouth would be on the winning end of that kind of score 10-10 times vs GM ... good first win out of the blocks ... the Trojans are very deep, will be more so when Cadogen gts back in the lineup ... look forward to seeing your PHS boyz as the season progresses ...

... by the way it's always good to run into you during hoops season - thanks for the introduction to Army as well - good to put a face with posters ...

... 93dog ... took in all of the games in Chillicothe yesterday some good stuff - many napkin stats for future reference ... will get to see Vinton Co. during the regular season (saw them at the Athens preview) Tuesday night as my Logan Purple travel to McArthur ... may have to travel to Warren Wednesday night to see Coach Maddox's Big Blue vs Washington Co rival Belpre ... then Friday night the Chiefs are idle - will be looking for a game to go see ... any suggestions? THEN Saturday the big day of hoops at the Convo - I love this time of the year !!! ... the first regular season installment of the Elite 8 will come out next Sunday after the first full week of hoops action Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Not a lot of great match-ups Friday floyd ... Im still in the process of printing out ALL the southeast district schedules, but TVC wise, Friday is not a big night. The best game probably will be Fed Hock @ Southern, the rest pits tops teams Vs bottom teams ... You can always come watch the 'Dogs though ...lol... they play N-Y. I know how much you really love the green and gold. :mrgreen:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

remember also, Portsmouth Andrew Bendolph was not 100 percent,and came of the bench , and Forrest Johnson also came off the bench,when Cadogan gets back, that will give us some extra size on the boards.

we got off to a very ugly start, but we have Webster and Jackson comong up, two winable games for the Trojans, if they play like they can....so if they get of to a 3 and 0 start, it could mean a lot in confidence.

Ole Floyd, will give us some attention,,,when we earn it 8)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93dog - I found the NEXT "program" in Southeastern Ohio this past Saturday - watched the best "TEAM" at the Hat Saturday - Circleville ... the Tigers will be a major "surprise" this season ... not great in talent BUT they are headed by the NEXT hot young coaching commodity in Southern Ohio - first year coach Coach Eric Evans ... a familiar name in Southeastern Ohio hoops , Jackson HS's last big man in the middle Eric Evans , played for then JHS coach Dustin Ford, then went on to Otterbein College where he coached in that storied small college program ... I was thoroughly impressed with the "basketball" he has taught to this seasons Tigers in this short period of time - these boyz will get better and better as the season goes along ... TEAM BALL all the way ... the boys have been schooled in the fundamentals on defense - no hands, staying in front of their man, physically beating up their opponent (within the rules) through keeping a body on their men, pushing the opponents offense out on the floor, a rebounding clinic by all of the players , outstanding big man play - with Coach Evans being a big man he knows how to coach a big man in the middle - senior David Cydrus for CHS was the best performing big man I saw all day Saturday, position wise vs opponents, rebounding technique - watch this kid the rest of the season; offensively ? the Tigers aren't blessed with the best offensive talent on the floor but every one out there knows their role - Kort Wolfe at PG is the floor leader, everything runs through the PG - he is strong with the ball, gets to the rim, creates and dishes ... names to watch for Travis Dray , Klinebriel, Dade, Callihan, Young, Hawkins, Whitten, Williams - individually nothing special ... playing their roles, playing as a TEAM - outstanding ... I was most impressed with the basketball knowledge that is being imparted on this group - proper passing techniques - chest passes, bounce passes, inside- out passing, entry passing angles, feeding the post ( a lost art imo) ... I was sitting behind Coach Evans - everything he said to the players, to his staff put a smile on my face ... this young man is doing it right ... look for Circleville to improve as the year goes on, look for the Roundtown hoops "program" to become one of those programs where kids want to be - to learn how to play the game of basketball from the ground up ... look for Coach Evans to create a Logan Elm type program in Tiger land .... best of luck to Coach Evans and the Roundtowners this year , I hope to see the Tigers again a little later in the season ... keep up the great job Coach Evans ... by the way say hello to your dad bearcatbomber from Pfloyd one huddler to another lol ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

With all due respect to the former JHS player........Reid Arnold was Jackson's most recent big man.

Best of luck to Eric......my sister graduated with him and I used to umpire his little league baseball games.

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

Congratulations to Piketon...Not our best game, but at times showed what we're capable of doing. Faced a lot of pressure from a quick, physical Cin. Clark team...But showed great toughness and came away with the win 67-56. Will be nice to have Caleb Southworth back Tuesday night against ZT. Gives a lot more depth. Good team effort...shake off the rust and take care of business!

Cody Smith has been sick and injured....finished with 32 pts and 9 rebs....what if he was fully healthy?

Good Luck, Streaks!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Good rundown of Eric Evans pfloyd. I was very impressed watching the Roundtown boys play, how physical they were and how they hit the boards. Good passing, good fundamentals. They lost every single starter off of last year's team but played a nice ballgame against a good Adena ballclub. The MSL is going to be very difficult in the top 4-5 range with LE, Canal, Carroll, Teays and a Fairfield or Hammy Township. Evans is doing a good job at Circleville, especially when they can build some depth.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Any makeup dates yet on Saturday's postponed games?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... bman you are right about the MSL ... no gimmes there - Logan Elm, Bloom Carroll, Canal Winchester, Fairfield Union ... I really, really liked what I saw in Coach Evans' philosophy that he has imparted on his players, you can see that they are not relying on individual talent but working to create a TEAM - a very basketball savvy TEAM ... Circleville under Coach Evans falls into my group of TEAMS that I always get out to see during a season because the coaches, the program do it- have done it - right ... Zanesville ( Coach Aronhalt), Logan Elm (Coach Stiverson), Wheelersburg (Coach Barrick), Chesapeake/Oak Hill (Coach Persin), Greenfield McClain (Coach VanMetre) ... add to that Coach Evans' and his Circleville boyz - what the young man is doing is on par with these "programs" ... give Coach Evans time to develop the lower level teams - set up HIS coaching staff at the lower levels to be teaching "the game" as he is doing at the varsity level - a PROGRAM is being born in Roundtown ...

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Gallipolis will make up its game with Rock Hill on Tuesday, Dec. 23, according to GAHS AD Bill Wamsley. The reserve game at Pedro will begin at 6 p.m.

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

When will the next top 8 come out?

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”