Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #7

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #7

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd ... I am soooooooo disapointed in you ... and I am sooooooo taking you off my X-mas card list - for not going to the Southern/Wellston game! lol

The Purple Machine From Racine did in fact win buddy ... 67-52 (and it was actually worse than that until some late baskets by the Golden Rockets.)

underthemound
Freshman Team

Post by underthemound »

@ Marietta:
Marietta- 68
Coshocton- 63

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... a little under the weather up here in the Hocking Hills ... wouldn't have been a good evening trying to enjoy the hoops in Racine I'm afraid- this is the first weekend that I have not seen a basketball game since last winters health issue - although I did catch a little of the River Valley vs Gallia Academy game on galliasports.com ... the Southern boyz ARE in fact playing out the scenario you outlined to me - AND you don't even have an Ouija Board !!! must be the internet generation thing ;-p ...

... by the way I did listen to the podcast on the TVC - not bad at all - I learn something every time I catch your show(S) ... nice job 93dog !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... got your pm 93dog ... thanks for the heads up ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Thx for the compliments on the show Floyd ... Its only a matter of time until I drag you in to do one! lol

Well ... Its been a few days here ... So, uh, whatcha think about a (10-1) Southern team cracking the top 8? I mean top 10? Wait, what is it up to now?

Alright. I'll take a top 15 for now - but you better give the Tornadoes some love as they continue to rack up wins.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... these are the scores I have for 1/21 ...

Southern 67
Wellston 52

Marietta 68
Coshocton 63

Coal Grove 73
Symmes Valley 69 OT

New Boston 68
West Union 49

Chesapeake 70
Fairland 62

Gallia Academy 54
River Valley 62

... jottings ... if you have any scores from Rock Hill , Ironton St Joe from this week I would appreciate anything you have down that direction - thanks ...

I have St. Joe beating Franklin Furnace Green tonight but no score ... I have Rock Hill beating St. Joe on 1/18 60-46 ... is there any other action from that area I am missing ??? ... Did Rock Hill play Portsmouth Clay tonight 1/21 ???

93bulldog - for your Sectional records thread => from the Northern fringes of the Southeast District ... last night had Fairfield Union losing to Canal Winchester 53-62 ... tough opponents every night for those squads in the MSL ... no gimmes for sure - that CW team started the season 0-3 ... FU dropped to 7-5 on the season ... first time they have lost 2 in a row this season ...

... ANY OTHER SCORES from tonight Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line would be greatly appreciated ... I really hate "mother nature" getting involved with High School hoops!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

thx for the Fairfield Union score ... Here is where I get my I St. joe info Floyd ... http://www.irontontribune.com/category/sports/

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Tornadoes are doing their part for sure - winning - both Fairfield Union and Circleville picked up losses this past week albeit that Roundtown LOST to #1 in D3 (AP poll) Bloom Carroll - undefeated BC ... Southern will reap the rewards as long they take care of "bidness" ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Southern plays 6 of their next 9 games at home ????!!!!! - someone knows someone in the league office ... wow ... MAYBE a chance for 2 losses in that 8 games => might see the Tornadoes run the table - only games on the road @ Wahama and @ Miller with the makeup game @ Waterford ... looks like 17-3 or better thru my bifocals ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Wipe them glasses clean Floyd ... I'm thinking 19-1 buddy ... lol ... Getting the win @ Belpre and @ South Gallia already was huge ... @ Wahama will be tough - but the already beat the White Falcons by almost 20 on Dec. 9th ... Trip to Waterford could be tricky - but they way the Tornadoes are playing after adding the 6-foot-7 sophomore to the mix - I just don't see them losing.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I was being realistic 93dog ! LOL ... big advantage playing some of these teams on the home court in the 2nd half of the season for sure 19-1 IS in the cards ... Belpre, Waterford, Wahama, even Federal Hocking will have a say in that final record ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Weather Report for the upcoming Week that IS ... Mild temps/NO SNOW/NO Freezing Precip ...Hardwood games are a go for a full schedule of scheduled games AND makeups from Friday 1/20 and Saturday 1/21 ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:... Weather Report for the upcoming Week that IS ... Mild temps/NO SNOW/NO Freezing Precip ...Hardwood games are a go for a full schedule of scheduled games AND makeups from Friday 1/20 and Saturday 1/21 ...

Thank goodness!!! I have 16+ games already (boys and girls) that I need to find out when the heck they're gonna play ... Cancelled games aren't that bad - as long as the rescheduled date is set quickly and I know when it is ... Its when days drag on and no date is set - that's what gets frustrating.

I actually like the fact there will be more games in more days now ... lol ... Who the heck needs a break - I would like to see 7 games in 7 days every week!!! lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93dog - I'm with you on the "near Noah game schedule" - 7 games in 7 days LOL ... a person never gets tired of watching "good" basketball - luckily we have good basketball to be had on any given Tuesday/Friday/Saturday night ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

"Never get tired of watching good basketball" ... I have to agree with ya 100% Floyd ... I went from one extreme to another today - to do just that ... Hung out with 13,000 other people to see the Bobcats in the 'biggest' gymnasium in southeastern Ohio ... Drove 30 minutes south to the 'smallest' gymnasium and watched Southern vs Wellston with about 300 other people.

Talk about a stark contrast in events! lol

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Stayed in tonight. We'll let the ice go away tomorrow and then get back after it this week.

I'll be watching 9-3 Circleville traveling to 7-5 Fairfield Union on Tuesday, and 6-7 Canal Winchester heading to 9-3 Logan Elm on Saturday. Should be two good ballgames.

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

Floyd, did you ever get the Rock Hill - Clay score?

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

pfloyd hope your feeling better buddy! Hate to hear your missing some games.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Floyd,,have never met you and yet I feel as we have known each other for years..Thank you for all you do and God Bless..You are a true FAN!! If I ever get back to Portsmouth area I will make it a point to PM you and meet for a cup of good ole soulthern ohio coffee
Wipalawalt

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... wipala - meeting up we will have to do my friend ! thanks for the kind words ...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”