Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Preseason

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Preseason

Post by pfloyd »

... 4 games at ZT this evening - excellent stuff in ALL 4 games ... AND I left at the half of the last game between Valley and Zane Trace (a double OT thriller!) ... the folks at ZT did another outstanding job in putting on the show this year ...

Westfall 45
Greenfield McClain 43

Pfloyd's "Official/Unofficial Napkin Stats" - Westfall

Scoring : Derek Robertson 17, Neal Hegarty 13, Alek Stonerock 7, Doug Hardin 6, Alex Sartin 2
3 Pointers: 2/10 ... Hegarty 1, Robertson 1
FT's : 9/16
TO's : 17
ATR (FGs finished At The Rim): 7

Pfloyd's "Official/UnOfficial Napkin Stats" - Greenfield McClain

Scoring : Thomas Schrader 20, Ryan Faulconer 9, Evan Mustard 7, Brent Shannon 3, Jeremiah Savage/John Turner 2 each
3 Pointers : 7/19 ... Schrader 4, Mustard 2, Shannon 1
FT's : 4/12
TO's : 18
ATR (FG's finished At The Rim) : 6

Huntington 63
Vinton County 49

Pfloyd's "Official/UnOfficial" Napin Stats- Huntington

Scoring : Dylan Gragg 22, Brice Vickers 20, Jake Kellough 9, Blake Campbell 5, Brian Hall 4, Brendan Campbell 2, Greg McGill 1
3 pointers: 3/12 ... Vickers 2, Blake Campbell 1
FTs : 12/24
TOs : 16
ATR : 14

Pfloyd's "Official/UnOfficial" Napkin Stats - Vinton County

Scoring : Ryan Chesser 19, Matt Smallwood 10, LB Remy 8, Bryce Owings 6, Jordan Kidd 5, Alex Owings 1
3 Pointers : 7/21 ... Chesser 3, Remy 2, Smallwood 1, Kidd 1
FTs : 4/12
TOs : 13
ATR : 6

Logan Elm 59
Hillsboro 49

Pfloyd's "Official/UnOfficial" Napkin Stats - Logan Elm

Scoring : Dillon Young 23, Anthony Vagnier 10, Blake Riffle/Cory Heeter 6 each, Johnny Moore/Eli Pritchard/Cody Pritchard 5 each
3 Pointers : 6/15 ... Young 4, Moore 1, Cody Heeter 1
FT's : 10/14
TO's : 12
ATR : 12

Pfloyd's "Official/UnOfficial" Napkin Stats - Hillsboro

Scoring : Taron Captain 21, Christian Cundiff 8, Tyrand Cumberland 7, Chase Gilland 5, Jarrod Clark 4, Tyia Cumberland 2
3 Pointers: 4/15 ... Captain 2, Tyrand Cumberland 1, Gilland 1
FTs : 5/7
TOs : 20
ATR : 11

Lucasville Valley 72
Zane Trace 74 2OTs

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... other scores ...

Leesburg Fairfield 51
Southeastern 41

North Adams 59
Paint Valley 55

Warren Local 99
Meigs 40

Gallia Academy 47
Rock Hill 45

... any other games out there on Saturday night Dec 3rd ???

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

WKKJ and The Highland County Times Gazette both have Fairfield winning, while the Chillicothe Gazette says that Southeastern won. I'm pretty sure that SE ended up getting the win, but we may have to wait until a newspaper(or someone who was there) posts an established score.

pfloyd- You definitely left too early, but I do think it would have helped if they started the games about 2, as I was dragging by the time it was over!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Westfall played a good 12 minutes but still found a way to get the 'W'. One of the better defensive efforts I've seen from the Mustangs in a few years. Still got to work on boxing out, cutting down on the cheap fouls and knowing when at times of pulling the ball out and not trying to attack 1-on-3 or 2-on-4. McClain has a couple of nice players, and played good defense.

I figured Logan Elm would be a slow starter this season and was against Hillsboro. LE played three new starters and also had three sophomores see time on the floor. Young/Cory Heeter, two of the sophomores, did a nice job. Vagnier also played a good game. Got to work on boxing out, and hitting more open shots/layups. Once LE extended its defense and put more pressure on the ball, they cut down on Hillsboro's long ball ability. Second chance points were big for Hillsboro.

ZT with a nice win over Valley. Watched the second half and two OT. Battle of attrition with several players fouling out.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Fu beat new led 60-41
I was worried about this game since new led and gotten their first game in already and gotten rid of the nerves. Plus whooped a ny team that I thought was supposed to be decent. But fu started out the game on a 17-2 run and the game was never in doubt. Don't have any stats. I'll try to find some but i know Clarke had a big game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote:WKKJ and The Highland County Times Gazette both have Fairfield winning, while the Chillicothe Gazette says that Southeastern won. I'm pretty sure that SE ended up getting the win, but we may have to wait until a newspaper(or someone who was there) posts an established score.

pfloyd- You definitely left too early, but I do think it would have helped if they started the games about 2, as I was dragging by the time it was over!
Fairfield won and article can be read in the Highland County Press.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Fairfield Union 60, New Lexington 41
Fairfield Union 22 10 14 14 — 60
New Lexington 12 12 10 7 — 41
FU: Clark 11-5-30, Barr 4-2-13, Green 1-3-5, Fox 2-0-5, Wolshire 1-1-3, Stewart 1-0-2, Straits 1-0-2. 3-point goals: Barr 3, Clark 3, Fox. Totals: 21-11-60.

NL: Wollenberg 5-0-10, Ryan 3-2-8, Martin 2-4-8, Hook 2-2-7, Bryant 2-0-4, Kunkler 1-0-2, Saxton 1-0-2. 3-point goal: Hook. Totals: 16-8-41.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Nice opener there for the Falcons. Clark-Barr combo is definitely one of the better ones in the MSL.

We'll see about NY when Amanda goes down there Tuesday.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... falcon01 ... I watched the FU vs Warren scrimmage ... FU is the real deal this season ... Barr makes the "falcon train" go BUT lots of talent and outstanding defense on this years squad for Coach Brusco ... So far I've seen Bloom Carroll vs Africentric, Logan Elm vs Hillsboro and the FU vs Warren scrimmage ... 3 quality TEAMS out of the MSL right there ... I also saw where Roundtown opened with a W for Coach Evans ... Coach Evans will be going into his 3rd year at the helm for Circleville - he's another one of those coaches who preaches defense/fundamentals I'll be keeping a close watch on the Roundtown boyz this season as well ... Coach Evans/Coach Stiverson/Coach Brusco/Coach Petty <= some outstanding coaches/teachers of the game right there ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whenever you produce a new list...Whiteoak should be at least 10 places higher.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Agree with you pfloyd. The MSL has some good coaches. Looking forward to seeing the Tigers against the Blue Lions on Wednesday at CHS. Should be a tougher challenge than what Adena presented. Then the Tigers take another step up when they host FU on Saturday at the Mill Street Gym.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”