Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio ... Dec. 23rd

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Indeed, that is one of the great joys of being a ZHS fan -- the well-rounded nature of our players and team. Play strong, solid defense (not just running around and gambling on steals, but excellent fundamentals). Shoot free throws well (we're around 80% for the season; I think Logan himself has missed only 3 all season). Rebound. Find the open man with that one extra pass.

If you're a "student" of the game, it's tremendous to watch. If you merely are a basketball fan who loves the great action (and there's nothing wrong with that), then there are all kinds of teams to whet your appetite.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

ZV....Not looking ahead but the Chilly/Z-Ville game may be a defensive slugfest. We are probably playing the best on ball and off the ball D I have seen around these parts in years.

I too, like the way Z-Ville plays D. I do wish the Cavs were shooting free throws as well as you guys. We got away with it last year, but I don't want to count on it.

GO CAVS!!!

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

elite 8

Post by tropicalbreeze »

Hitch,
I think you are correct! I thought last year the quickness on D was Chilli's reason for success. They took Zanes out of offensive rhythm for periods of the game, plus had an advantage with their inside strength. I don't think Chilli will have the inside advantage that they had last year, but the quickness on the defensive side will be the key! I can't believe it, but I think we may see an even higher level of play from these two teams. It would really be great to see both teams win Jan 12th @ the Schott.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Re: elite 8

Post by Hitchbone64 »

tropicalbreeze wrote:Hitch,
I think you are correct! I thought last year the quickness on D was Chilli's reason for success. They took Zanes out of offensive rhythm for periods of the game, plus had an advantage with their inside strength. I don't think Chilli will have the inside advantage that they had last year, but the quickness on the defensive side will be the key! I can't believe it, but I think we may see an even higher level of play from these two teams. It would really be great to see both teams win Jan 12th @ the Schott.

I think it is quite possible and that would be a big boon for the league. The thing with these two teams is they will get better as the year goes on. It is scary but I don't think you have seen the best, and I believe both teams have a chance to be better then they were last year.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Hitch ...

Great points. BTW, our free-throw defense is outstanding, too. :lol:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... an overlooked BIG game in Southeast Ohio tonight Warren hosting 7-2 Maysville out of the MVL ... the Panthers started the season at 7-0 before dropping their last 2 outings ... MHS is lead by their big man in the middle 6-2 Eastin Lewellen with plenty of support from the perimeter in Jared Cox/Corey Denman ... we will definitely be watching the outcome of this clash of leagues SEOAL vs MVL ...

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

[quote]Is Kitchen the head coach at West or not.....first the Daily Times said he is then a day or two later they make a rewrite and it says the Triplet is the head coach at West now. Can they make up their mind or not. [quote]

He is not listed as the head coach, but i think he does most of the play calling

sports_nut
Riding the Bench

Post by sports_nut »

Maysville comes out with the win tonight against Warren in Vincent. Warren seemed to think everyone should be shooting from behind the arc tonight for some reason and with guys like Majoy, Call, Hebb inside it just doesnt make sence.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... sports nut ... Maysville breaks their 2 game losing streak at the Warrior Dome going to 8-2 on the year ... Coach Maddox's boyz drop to 5-2 on the year with a big Washington Co. clash with Belpre @ the Eagles Nest tomorrow night ...

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

Chesapeake plays Clay Co, WV in the Wayne (WV) Holiday Tournament 12/28.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Logan Elm 69
Westfall(3-3) 41
Westfall never plays well against LE, definetly not a surprising score, IMO.

Zane Trace(3-5) 62
Amanda(1-8) 56
ZT gets a big non conference win...that's the good thing, bad thing, they face Logan Elm on Saturday

Paint Valley(2-5) 67
Hamilton New Miami(2-7) 63
Another random non league game, PV trailed by 10 heading into the 4th, but made a very nice comeback to get the W.

Miami Trace 66
Jamestown Greeneview 57

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace trailed the whole game by 6+ points against Amanda before winning it in the last three minutes.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

SVC Weekend Preview(one day late)

Friday:
Adena @ McClain
Adena has been on a roll since losing in OT to Miami Trace. McClain is McClain and it's at McClain. Based on that alone:
Prediction: McClain, 58-51

Unioto @ Washington CH
Unioto has been playing better and WCH can be rattled, but it's at WCH, so I give them an advantage. WCH is a favorite, with McClain, in the SCOL.
Prediction: WCH, 60-57

Huntington @ Vinton County
Biggest game of the year for both teams, it will be tough for Huntington to win on the road. Can VC's guards handle the Huntington pressure and can Huntington find anyway to slow down Guthrie on the inside? Very good coaching matchup in this game as well
Prediction: Huntington, 65-61

Pike County Holiday Tournament Predictions:
Friday
Piketon 78- Eastern 46
Waverly 56- Western 54
Saturday
Western 75- Eastern 60
Piketon 68- Waverly 56

Saturday:
Westfall @ Teays Valley
Westfall has struggled since starting off 3-0, TV is always tough and even tougher when they are at home.
Prediction: TV, 66-53

Zane Trace @ Logan Elm
LE put a whipping on Westfall last night and look for much of the same on Saturday. ZT hasn't lived up to expectations early on in the season and barely got past a weak Amanda ballclub. ZT will have to be knocking down shots to get the win.
Prediction: LE, 59-32

Williamsburg Holiday Tournament
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this is one of the weaker tournaments ever assembled.
Finals: Paint Valley vs. Williamsburg
Williamsburg pounded Miami Valley Christian 69-44 last night for their 2nd win of the year. This is the same Williamsburg ballclub that nearly gave up 100 to Whiteoak(after WO barely got into the 20's vs. Adena) Paint Valley was picked last in the SVC, but have overachieved and look to continue to do so in this championship game.
Prediction: Paint Valley, 57-53

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

In Logan Elm's win Tim Congrove 19, Adam Blake 16 and Bryant Blake 15.

Bryan Boring led Westfall with 13.

LE - 5-3, vs. Zane Trace Saturday.
WF- 3-3, at Teays Valley Saturday.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... daniC - as always great information and insight on the SVC coming up tonight and tomorrow ... by the way I'm taking Adena to upset GM - IF the scores are in the 50's Clay Roll & Co. win that one IF they stay in the 40's Coach VanMatre's possession/discipline game gets the "W" ... with that said it will probably turn out to be a "shootout" (a game in the 60's LOL) ...

... pantherpaw !!! how 'bout those Panthers !!! Shoemaker has been an excellent addition to the CHS squad ... it's good to keep reading about the rise of the Panthers ... best of luck vs one of those "foreign" teams tonight ...

b618 ... I hated to drop Coach Stiverson's boyz out of the top 8 going into this week ... with Warren losing last night to Maysville and the possibility of a 2nd loss tonight on the road at Belpre ...hmmmmm an LE win Saturday to get the Braves to 6-3 might be enough to move them back onto THE list ...

... keep on keepin' on gentlemen in keeping us informed ...

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

pfloyd, I had no problem with them being dropped out. They've had a couple of losses against good teams - Canal and Harvest Prep - but the Adena loss was a poor one. They're molding together now after some early injury issues and I expect them to be a tough ballclub at the end of the season. If they can take care of business in the next few games, they deserve to move up then. The next four are against Zane Trace, Amanda and then back to back games against Bloom-Carroll, always a tough team, and Columbus Westland, a D1 OCC school.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

McClain 38
Adena 36

jottings
SEOPS H

Any updates on Logan-Marietta game

Post by jottings »

Pfloyd...Any updates on Logan-Marietta games?

thecinderellapick
Freshman Team

Post by thecinderellapick »

western 44
waverly 43

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Huntington over Vinton County

Hello new #2 (providing he keeps two teams tied for 1st)

How far does VC drop?....probably just below Fairland and North Adams....assuming they win.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”