SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

B-E-A. . . .utiful

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

HOw can the #8 ranking for Fairland be justified? They lost to the current or other number eight Chesapeake.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

peake wrote:HOw can the #8 ranking for Fairland be justified? They lost to the current or other number eight Chesapeake.

I'm guessing that when one ranks teams, he is placing them not only on wins and losses, but on his perception of where they stand in comparison to other teams.

In basketball, close games can go either way. I have even seen blowouts go both ways. One week, team A is blown out by team B. Two weeks later team B is blown out by team A.

I'm sure pfloyd is looking at more than just the head-to-head matchup. He is looking at the season in its entirety.

For instance, Fairland went to Federal Hocking and won against a healthy FH team by 14. Federal Hocking went to Alexander, played without two starters and won by double digits. Peake beat Alexander by a margin close to the score that a banged up FH had put on Alexander very recently. This example is not to say a healthy Fed Hock is better than Peake, it is to say that basketball can be very sparatic, and the entire body of work must be considered.

I don't mean to speak for pfloyd, so I'm sure he will respond with his own reasoning.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

peake ... as orestes posted (and thanks by the way orestes) many factors go into the rankings ... my Ouija Board, the old "8 Ball" helps, I try to run the final lists past the local prestidigitator for the final okay hand waving routine ... as you will notice - Chesapeake is actually ahead of Fairland in the rankings as they are listed first in the 8 spot ...

8. Chesapeake 10-2/ Fairland 10-2

... the same goes for my #1's ... after week one Zanesville had been listed first before Chillicothe ... after last weekends games at Value City Arena with ZHS losing by 2 points and Chilli winning by 6 ... the Cavs took back the one slot by being listed first ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... some nice match-ups on Tuesday Night's Southern/SouthEast Ohio Hoops Menu ... a few that I jotted down included ...

Greenfield McClain
@ Zane Trace ... ZT is 5-0 at home this season ... beat undefeated Huntington last week ...

Manchester
@ North Adams ... MHS one of those SHL teams that I92 keeps pushing on me LOL ... this one is on Friday the 18th ...

@ Wheelersburg
Minford ... should be a dandy at the Burg ...

Warren
@ Zanesville

West Union
Bethel Tate

Chillicothe
@ Ironton

Jackson
@ Portsmouth

Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

more "side dishes" ...

Eastern at Ripley
Peebles at Paint Valley
Unioto at Lynchburg
West Union at Bethel-Tate
Whiteoak at Felicity
Fayetteville at Williamsburg

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... what's on the Appetizer Menu for the OVC this week ???

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Pink Floyd.......

Greenfield McClain (11-2) at Zane Trace (6-6) Tuesday

Piketon (9-3) at Zane Trace Friday

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

thanks Bozo ... both of those should be great basketball games to see from the Cheap Seats ...

Senator Tressel
Riding the Bench

Post by Senator Tressel »

NY @ VC Fri. and i heard somthing about a game at wellston on sat. your #1 vs the states #1 should be a dandy.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

i saw where dunbar beat brookhaven earlier this year at dunbar. brookhaven led all the way till the 4th qtr. chilli blew a big lead vs brookhaven in chilli's opener.( lost in OT) im going out on a limb, and saying chilli knocks off the # 1 ranked team, 2 years in a row!

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Chesapeake hosts River Valley friday night.
South Point at Coal Grove
Rock Hill at Fairland

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

bronc21 wrote:i saw where dunbar beat brookhaven earlier this year at dunbar. brookhaven led all the way till the 4th qtr. chilli blew a big lead vs brookhaven in chilli's opener.( lost in OT) im going out on a limb, and saying chilli knocks off the # 1 ranked team, 2 years in a row!

bronc21,

If the Cavs play 4 quarters like they are capable off and get offensive production from at least 4 in double figures, we can win this game. Dunbar is young at the guard, so our experience should help. Chambers and Benson will be an excellent matchup. I believe our defense will create some turnovers. We will need to be patient at times and make Dunbar play D.

It would be nice to see back-to-back years off knocking off #1. However, we have Ironton and Warren in front of us first. If nothing else, we have played alot of ball the past two weeks. I would love to move to 12-1 Friday and then take on the Wolverines in our part of the State. I would hope it would be a pro Chilly crowd.

GO CAVS!!!

Senator Tressel
Riding the Bench

Post by Senator Tressel »

i'll be in attendance pulling for chilly. GO VC all the way 2 the regionals!!

REDSTREAKFAN
Waterboy

Post by REDSTREAKFAN »

P-Floyd...I like where the Piketon Redstreaks are at on your list...I think they're better (IMO) than several of the teams above them, but I would hope if they can come away with at least 3 wins over the next two weeks, they will be in your top 8...But I like having them on the outside looking in with the pressure on everyone else. They have to play Friday at zane trace (5-0 this season at home), at Ironton the following night (Saturday), then the following Friday at home against Huntington and the next night (Saturday) against Columbus Mifflin at Piketon...A killer schedule by any means...with all kinds of implications on the line...If they take care of business and go 4-0, that may create a shake-up!

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

McClain 51 (12-2)
Zane Trace 40 (6-7)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... other finals

Wheelersburg 62
Minford 40 final

Washington CH 70
Adena 57 final

Western Brown 68
Hillsboro 65 final

Waverly 55
So. Webster 42 final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... looks like the BIG boyz on the Elite 8 decided that 40 points was going to be the limit to allow opponents tonight ...

McClain 51 @ ZT 40
the Burg 62 vs Minford 40
the Ville 73 vs Warren 41
Chilli 66 @ Ironton 40

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Add SP to the that 40 list with Hunt. St. Joe only getting 39 and the Pointers 74.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks osumufan ... must have been a "memo" that went around among the top teams ... a defensive goal of right around 40 points ...

McClain 51 @ ZT 40
the Burg 62 vs Minford 40
the Ville 73 vs Warren 41
Chilli 66 @ Ironton 40
Point 74 vs St. Joe 39

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”