Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Final Edition

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

What do you think about Peebles not on your list knocking off a top 8. LOL!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It happens..on one of pfloyd's first years of lists Valley at 17-3 (no losses to Ohio teams) was beaten in the sectional final by #8 seed Westfall.

Lynchburg deserved a top 10 spot......now though, not so much.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I know, I just like to pick on Ployd every now and again. He does a good job all year and alot of people look forward to his poll each week.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think he's going through bulldog withdraw right now. He seems to miss his old buddy!

Maybe they could schedule a Convo reunion.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Thats one guy that met a women and plain disappeared. He was all over JJ before that.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93bulldog found love ... must have sold his 'puter ... there was a sighting on the huddle last year BUT no more since ... 93dog doesn't even remember where the Convo is !!! lol ...

... Peebles over Lynchburg Clay ? had to read that score twice when I saw it LOL ... "stuff" happens in the "Survive and Advance" season ... Peebles is one of those teams that seems understand what the 2nd season is all about - over the years they are ALWAYS a tough out no matter what the regular season showed us ...

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

pfloyd ~ Great job this roundball season, as usual... The weekly "Elite Eight" is a highlight of the basketball season for me... I don't comment much, but it's always enjoyable to read.

I did state that Chesapeake would surprise a lot of people this year, and they did.. They just lacked size, but overall did well.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks Focused ... nothing like following High School Hoops Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... absolutely nothing like it imo ...

... big night tonight across Southern/SouthEast Ohio ... after tonight's "appetizers" the Final Menu will be set to be played out ... the winners of which will have earned their ticket to the Convo ...

Piketon vs Valley
Minford vs Westfall (how does Westfall get to play at home in this one???)
Fairland vs Crookesville
Alexander vs Nelsonville-York
Miami Trace vs Hillsboro
Meigs vs Athens
New Lex vs Jacskon
Waverly vs Unioto

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

the westfall game is at waverly

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks b618 ... IF my eyes weren't going so bad "old age" wouldn't be a BAD THING ...lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... wanted to post a congratulations to Coach Hopkins of Portsmouth Notre Dame ... nice win over Paint Valley 58-46 ... Coach Hopkins has had the "golden domers" building up to the post season ... have noticed big improvements along the way for ND ...best of luck Coach Hopkins & the ND team vs Western on the 19th ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Pfloyd " 'hoe" will be on the road to Jackson Friday night to see South Pointer vs Ironton @6PM followed by Wheelersburg vs Belpre @ 8:30 PM ... looking forward to 2 good ones ... will be my first look at Coach Norris' South Point boyz ... anxious to keep some "napkin stats" on Todd Mayo, Beau Weed, Zach Woody & Co. ... Wheelersburg and Belpre have had some BIG TIME games in the past AT the Convo - this one will be for all the marbles and a Convo "invite" ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... about time to head for C'bus to see my Purple take on Independence at the Central District "party" ...

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

I think South Gallia deserve to be on this list. They have won 7 of 9. With those 2 losses coming against Westfall and Rock Hill. They won their 1st tourney game last night. Pretty good for a 10th seed.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 71
Waverly 60

Curtis Baker led Unioto with 38 points, while Alex Kimsey and Ben Bower were both around double figures as well. Shane Maier stepped up in the 3rd quarter when the rest of the bigs were in foul trouble and helped keep Unioto in the lead.
Waverly was led by Trevor Walls and Harrison Martin, I think both had between 17-20. Walls got his 1,000 point late in the game, then lost his temper at the end.

Unioto led by 8 at the half, Baker had 21 in the 1st, then to start the 2nd half, Waverly took it right at Unioto and got to the line, time after time. With the fouls standing at 7-0 in favor of Waverly, a no call under the basket and a foul on the sideline led to a technical and it was huge, IMO. Unioto took the lead early and Waverly tied it at 16 and Unioto never trailed or was tied again, but it got very close late in the game.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

HOw come Zanesville,Waterford,Belpre,Warren,Marietta are all on your list but there is No Fort Frye 16-4.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

EasternDspy ... who does Fort Frye play in the post season? where do they play?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Fort Frye is participating in the East District Sectional Play ... Zanesville earns a bye due to being in the SEOAL during the regular season ... all the others will be playing sectional/district action in the SouthEast District ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Teams so far punching tickets to the Convo include:

Div.III

Ironton vs Peebles/Adena winner
North Adams vs Fairland/Alexander winner

Huntington vs Chesapeake/Federal Hocking winner
Wheelersburg vs Piketon/Westfall winner

Div II

Marietta vs Chillicothe/Hillsboro winner
Logan Elm vs Warren/Meigs winner

Washington CH vs Vinton Co./New Lex winner
Gallia Academy vs Greenfield McClain/Unioto winner

... looking forward to the opponents to be decided tomorrow night in both of these divisions ... Congratulations to ALL of the Sectional Champions - Gallia Academy, Marietta, Ironton (SEOAL teams - with W's tomorrow night from Chillicothe/Warren the SEOAL would have 5 sectional champs/ half the league heading for the first round at the Convo - wooohooo!) ... Logan Elm and Coach Stiverson are regulars along with Coach Barrick and the Wheelersburg Pirates, throw in Coach Young and the Devils of North Adams as well , Court House getting back to the Convo will be nice to see again; will be good to get to see the Kellough brothers at the Convo with that Huntington HS ball club - last time I saw the bros this year was there win AT Vinton County ...

... the Convo Menu is being assembled ... action begins Thursday evening ... starts the first leg of 12 games in 5 days ... gotta love it !!!!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... time to get in shape for this weeks action ... the Pfloyd 'hoe will be at Wellston for the 3PM Vinton Co. vs New Lex game before heading down the highway to pick up the twin bill at Jackson tomorrow night featuring Chesapeake vs Federal Hocking 5PM ... Fairland vs Alexander in the night cap at 8PM ... my kind of Saturday ... next week has Athens HS on the 18th/19th followed by the Convo's 12 game menu for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday AND Monday !!!!!!!!! yessssssssssssss!!!!!

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”