Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week 4

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
bman
SEO

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week 4

Post by bman »

From the Northwest...

Westfall 66 Zane Trace 63

WF - Kritsch layup 37 seconds left for lead for good.

WF 8-2 5-0 - Tyler Cobb 23 points, Tyler Burleson 15 and Tyler Kritsch 14 points, eight rebounds.
ZT 5-3 3-2 - Kirk Maxwell 22 points, D.J. Merriman 17.

Westfall hosts 8-1 4-1 Adena Friday night.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan 65
Fairfield Union 60 overtime ...

Congratulations to Coach Myers and the Purple boyz - got to feel good to be on the good side of the ledger again ...

Coach Helber's JV's continue to win :

Logan JV 59
FU JV 32

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

PFloyd.......I was looking for you at the game last night at FU (problem being that I don`t know what you look like). Where were you sitting because I noticed a couple guys on the Logan side keeping notes? Once again, FU comes out flat and then plays like a different team in the second half.

Does this change your feelings and ranking of FU losing to a 1-4 Logan team?

lostgeneral
Riding the Bench

Post by lostgeneral »

Do any of you know how to reach Craig Dunn thru his email? I saw him at the game last night and just wanted to chat with him. Thanks if you can help. He was always a big supportewr of my team in the 80s.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ironton knocks off a good Chesapeake team without Michael Lamb 67-59.

Next up the Portsmouth Trojans in a tripple header this Friday, Freshmen starting at 5:00pm, both Freshmen teams are undefeated.

WTIGER 80
Freshman Team

Post by WTIGER 80 »

Valley UPSETS #2 Oak Hill last Night 65-55 to move their record to 7-2 where is the love for the Valley Indians in this weeks poll coming up. Go Indians

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I believe you can reach Craig at cdunn@logandaily.com.

Guru
Waterboy

Post by Guru »

I agree!!! I can't wait to see where the 10 point win over Oak Hill (65-55)moves the Indians!

lostgeneral
Riding the Bench

Post by lostgeneral »

Thanks bman I appreciate the help.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

looks as if your Oak Hill trendy pick took one on the chin their floyd ... You should have listened to the Dog - Oak Hill (Division IV team) amongst the powers such as Logan Elm, Chillicothe, Portsmouth and Ironton ... etc...etc...? The boys from Alexander should have occupied its own slot and Wheelersburg as well ... Split them two - move the burg past Ironton (since they beat them) and you got yourself a top 8 buddy.

Oh yea - remember what I said the day after the preview?
THE SOUTHERN TORNADOES!!! BUDDY ... People have been sleeping on them because they had one 'hic-up' @ Trimble ... other than that - they are the second best team in DIVISION IV (Athens sectional) ... Oak Hill is no. 1 with a 7-1 mark ... AND ... The Racine Tornadoes (The winningest basketball team in history in SEO are 6-1 and have been blowing past teams at about 15-20 pts a clip ....

Move em up floyd, at least around the 10, 11th spot or so.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... these are the games I have for this past Tuesday night's action ...

Logan 65 Fairfield Union 60 OT
Ironton 67 Chespeake 59
Valley 65 Oak Hill 55
Vinton Co 49 Trimble 43
Chillicothe 53 Gallia Academy 28
Fort Frye 36 Waterford 33 OT
Greenfield McClain 54 Miami Trace 47 - is Coach VanMatre back courtside ???
Warren 84 Belpre 65
Westfall 66 Zane Trace 63
Piketon 72 Southeastern 68
Adena 57 Huntington 54
Waverly 68 So Webster 46
Western 76 Notre Dame 51
Eastern Pike 65 Ports. East 51
Jackson 53 Wellston 40 ... congratulations to Coach Jordan and the Ironmen
Southern 71 Meigs 54
Wheelersburg 47 Minford 46
Fairland beat Tolsia WVa didn't get the score ... anyone ???

... are there other scores out there that I don't have listed ??? anything from the SHL ??? please post those scores/games that I have missed ... thanks ...

... 93dog... WTIGER 80 ... IF teams win they move up ... one win does not make a season, a loss does not drop a team off the face of the earth LOL ... some teams that started "down" the list have a definite road to hoe to get to the top BUT quality W's WILL get notice , WILL catch my committee of one - me - attention ... Oak Hill is a quality team , Valley IS a good ball club - BIG win? you bet ... the committee of one noticed ... Southern has a lot of talent, great perimeter shooting , what's not to like - they will get their recognition ... as Dick Vitale says "just win baby!!!" - teams have settled into about the right spots - they jockeyed for position in the first third of the season NOW it's time for teams to take advantage of games vs teams above them - Valley did just that, will they move up? obviously ... how far ? we will see come Sunday after the rest of the dust settles after Friday/Saturday nights' action ...

Smeltzy ... I was there , I was sitting right behind the scout from Circleville ... I also made a trip across court at the half time of the JV game to get the FU roster from the Logan radio folks - I was wearing standard issue Pfloyd attire ... camo shorts, T shirt, pullover ... as far as FU goes - I have always enjoyed Coach Barr's "product" he puts on the floor ... coming back from 16 down after the first quarter, outscoring Logan 35-21 the next 2 quarters, putting themselves in a position to win in regulation (some let's say "interesting" calls by the hair challenged official put the brakes on the FU effort) , the overtime had Patrick Angle taking over the game, putting LHS on his shoulders for the W ... some outstanding individual efforts at the right times for Logan great block on a baseline drive by Jeff Dietz for Logan AND his ensuing BIGGER put back basket on the other end forced the OT and the P Angle show ... great effort for FU by the entire team, they lose no luster in my eyes - they played a great game after being held to no field goals until :55 seconds left in the 1st quarter ... I was impressed ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Symmes Valley 63 New Boston Glenwood 59

SHL
Eastern Brown 69 Lynchburg Clay 49
Whiteoak 46 Fayetteville Perry 43
Peebles 67 Manchester 51
West Union 66 Ripley 51

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

The dragons only won by 9 after leading by 17 at halftime. The dragons only scored 3 or 5 points in the 3rd qt. To many To's and bad shots led to Tolsia's comeback. We will have to play better Fri. against the pointer's if we want to win this important OVC game and climb the esteemed list of MR. Pfloyd.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Pfloyd.........Thanks for the comments on the FU game. It`s always nice to hear someone outside the program who has seen alot of b-ball, say good things about the program and give us an idea how the team looks. Hopefully they will continue to improve throughout the rest of the schedule and make some noise in the tournament.
Because of the league we play in the record probably won`t be great and that will probably give them a low seed heading into sectional and surprise some people.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Smeltzy ... no doubt in my mind FU will make noise in the post season ... good size, Feasel/McGlone are excellent ball players ... Seesholtz does a nice job around the basket AND can hit the medium range shot as well ... throw in the role players of Bowen/Mathias/Stolz along with the effort these kids put out and the loaded schedule of the MSL ... I wouldn't want to have to play them if I'm a higher seed in the tourney ... best of luck to FU the rest of the season - as I posted earlier I always enjoy watching a Coach Barr team no matter the record - as a cheap seat guy you know that Barr's boyz will always give everything they have and then some ...

The Gloaming
Freshman Team

Post by The Gloaming »

Alexander goes to Belpre and wins big 58-42.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

What is Sheridan's record? And what is Miami Trace's record?

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

Floyd...

The Redstreaks of Piketon beat SVC rival Unioto 58-46 tonight, moving their overall record to 9-1....Piketon seems to get everyone's best each night, which is what we expect...Kimsey kid from Unioto (6'11") is nice athlete..He was held in check for the most part by another outstanding performance by Caleb Southworth and Keenan Brush...Both played well and had several blocked shots tonight... Unioto fans need to support this young coach...he is doing a good job there at Unioto..If they had a true PG, they'd be much better...they will not remain winless for much longer, though, if they play like they did tonight!

...napkin stats....

Jordan Brabson 24pts, 8 rebs.
Coty Smith 10 pts, 6 rebs

Kimsey 16 pts, 10 rebs, 6 blocks

Big game next week (make-up game) on Tuesday night at Piketon when the Westfall Mustangs (9-2/6-0) come to town...Should be a fun game; both teams with lot of athletes...A rematch of last year sectional matchup.
Last edited by Coach Kelley on Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

From the Northwest...

Logan Elm 67 Circleville 34

LE - Tim Congrove 1,000th point in fourth quarter - 26 total points against the Tigers to go with six boards and four steals. Brandon Amann 16 points, Logan Hauserman eight.
LE - 8-0, 4-0 MSL
LE - vs. Canal Winchester Tuesday

Circleville gave a good 12 minutes but LE had too much firepower.

Westfall 56, Adena 55
WF - 9-2, 6-0 SVC
WF - Tyler Kritsch, Tyler Cobb and Tyler Burleson each with 12 points.
WF - @ Piketon Tuesday

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Fairfield Union 58 - 54 over Bloom Carroll in Carroll. Great win for the Falcons as it is always tough to go into Carroll and get a win.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”