Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week 6

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson 71
Portsmouth 68

Not expected?

A 40 point turn-a-round from 1 month ago when they met.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... let's see what we know for sure ...

* Barack Obama is now President Obama

Jackson 71 Portsmouth 68
Reedsville Eastern 53 Meigs 47
Ports. East beats Ports Notre Dame (score anyone?)
Logan 72 Athens 50
Wheelersburg 56 Ports west 42
Symmes Valley 56 Ports Clay 52
Chillicothe 58 Ironton 35
Minford 63 Waverly 55
Valley 83 Northwest 69
Marietta 54 Cambridge 48
Eastern Pike 71 New Boston 65
Rock Hill 58 So. Gallia 54
Adena 63 Paint Valley 50
Huntington 55 Piketon 45
Westfall 55 Unioto 37
Zane Trace 69 Southeastern 43
Zanesville 46 Warren 39
Western Pike 70 Green 57
Hillsboro 53 Miami Trace 49
Washington CH 73 London 50
Belpre 70 Nelsonville 62

need help with :

North Adams vs Ripley
Chesapeake vs Wayne WVa
Fairland vs Huntington St Joe WVa

last night :

Circleville 55 @ Fairfield Union 53 ... Congratulations to Coach Evans ! first win as the Roundtown boyz head coach ... the first win for CHS on the season ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... let's add to what we know for sure ...

Oak Hill 80 So Webster 45

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

The St. Joe Invitational games which include Chesapeake and Fairland start tomorrow.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

North Adams by 25 over Ripley

Whiteoak over Felicity (close losses to Adena, Hillsboro, Peebles, Manchester)

Eastern Brown over Georgetown

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

FLoyd...

Not much excitement tonight in the Village of Piketon...Took one on the chin tonight at Huntington. The streaks squandered several opportunities to win the game, and didn't do what it had to do....The streaks shot 32% from the floor, 6-16 from the FT line, 1-8 3-pt line....No offense to Huntington, but it feels like we gave one away tonight.

...with less than a minute to go, Piketon steals ball and tosses it ahead for a run out and Coach Uhrig sets a nice screen on Evan Legg on the sideline...Coach Uhrig was 4 feet onto the floor, knocks Legg to the ground flat and ball goes out of bounds......should have been a technical foul, but the Refs call it off Legg and give Huntington the ball. They throw it in and get a three...then Piketon had to foul...so, such is the point spread...that's disappointing for the players... Coach L tried to get a T, and the ref wouldn't give it to him....The ref told him to take his F*&%n seat...TRUE STORY!

The streaks missed about 15 layups (literally), and again FT shooting killed us...Rebounding and defense was solid, but couldn't put the ball in the hole....I hate the loss, but again I knew this would be a tough game on the road...We must regroup for Friday's game 2 against the Mustangs of Westfall....We still have work to do, but we're still getting better.

I'll update stats as I get them...

Huntington 55
Piketon 45

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

Coach Kelley wrote:FLoyd...

Not much excitement tonight in the Village of Piketon...Took one on the chin tonight at Huntington. The streaks squandered several opportunities to win the game, and didn't do what it had to do....The streaks shot 32% from the floor, 6-16 from the FT line, 1-8 3-pt line....No offense to Huntington, but it feels like we gave one away tonight.

...with less than a minute to go, Piketon steals ball and tosses it ahead for a run out and Coach Uhrig sets a nice screen on Evan Legg on the sideline...Coach Uhrig was 4 feet onto the floor, knocks Legg to the ground flat and ball goes out of bounds......should have been a technical foul, but the Refs call it off Legg and give Huntington the ball. They throw it in and get a three...then Piketon had to foul...so, such is the point spread...that's disappointing for the players... Coach L tried to get a T, and the ref wouldn't give it to him....The ref told him to take his F*&%n seat...TRUE STORY!

The streaks missed about 15 layups (literally), and again FT shooting killed us...Rebounding and defense was solid, but couldn't put the ball in the hole....I hate the loss, but again I knew this would be a tough game on the road...We must regroup for Friday's game 2 against the Mustangs of Westfall....We still have work to do, but we're still getting better.

I'll update stats as I get them...

Huntington 55
Piketon 45

Not a surprising outcome ... Huntsmen had Piketon beat last time and "gave" it away. And that was without Magill . Piketon is still the class of the SVC (IMO) , but you have to bring it every night in this conference .

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

east over notre dame 73-59

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Ive often wondered why high school basketball doesnt implement some kind of computer ranking system based on wins/losses and opponents wins/losses with more points for playing higher divisions. If the can do it in football with an 10-11 game schedule they could do it with a 20 game schedule. Early in the year the rankings wouldnt be a true measure of anything but by the end of the season things would fall into place and this ranking system could be used or at least have some importance into sectional seedings. Am i missing something here - why is this not done?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... any updates on the Fairland vs a "foreign team" or the Chesapeake vs "a foreign team" games at the Huntington St. Joe Tourney ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

...does anyone have the score of the North Adams win over Ripley last night? the only info I have is that NA won by 25 points ...

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Gallipolis beat River Valley 61-49 at URG this evening to improve to 5-7 overall. RVHS dropped to 3-8.

Freshmen and JVs also won, 61-39 and 43-25.

Zanesville on road next for GAHS.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Fairland won 62-51 tonight. We didn't play are best tonight against a pretty athletic St. Joe squad. Chessy won by 30 + over Wayne setting up a rematch Fri. night. The dragons will have to play a lot better if they want to win against a fired up bunch of panthers. The dragons need to keep on winning if they want to get a 3 or 4 seed and to keep on climbing your list.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Makeup from 12-15-08 North Adams 64 Vs Ripley 53

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

PFLOYD--------My son LOGAN is now playing basketball!!!!!!

Isnt that GREAT........He is 5 years old now and all the prayers you guys said for him has helped a great deal!!!!

Thanks again

the manager
Waterboy

Post by the manager »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Makeup from 12-15-08 North Adams

Not sure where that score came from.
North Adams 71
Ripley 47.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... futurebkstar ... LOL - the little guy is playing THE game !!! ... wow - hard to believe he would be 5 years old now ... seems like yesterday that ALL of Southern/Southeastern Ohio was sending up prayers for Logan ... some day I need to meet Logan ... I think everyone on the huddle at that time feels that they had a part in making sure Logan would grow up to play THE game ... puts a smile on my face just thinking about that little guy ... that he is and WILL being playing the game that brought ALL us - even with never meeting you, or your family or Logan - closer together ... hug Logan for all of us ... got to believe their is plan for that youngster down the road ... thanks for sharing your moment, Logan's moment in time with the rest of us - great stuff right there ...

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

hey pfloyd if East wins out this week that moves us up atleast what 5 spots right.... :122245

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Not sure where that score came from.
North Adams 71
Ripley 47.

It was on the SHL website this morning

Ohioguru03
Waterboy

Post by Ohioguru03 »

Pfloyd,

I am a new poster to this site, but a long time reader. I have always enjoyed your rankings, comments, research, and stats. Excellent stuff.

Just throwing this out there. I have a blog site that covers mostly the Eastern District where I have updated records, analysis, and some state wide stuff. Please feel free to check it out. We don't meet the Southeast District until regional play, but it's always nice to know what is going on. I love going to the Convo for district play and have always been a huge supporter of basketball in your area especially in my college days at Ohio University.

My site is: www.sportsguru03.blogspot.com

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”